INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victor Espinoza/American Pharaoh! Belmont Stakes! Possible Triple Crown!

4 posters

Go down

Victor Espinoza/American Pharaoh! Belmont Stakes! Possible Triple Crown! Empty Victor Espinoza/American Pharaoh! Belmont Stakes! Possible Triple Crown!

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:51 pm

Mexican jockey Victor Espinoza and "American Pharaoh" have a chance today to be the first Triple Crown winners in 27 years. This is Espinoza's third chance to win horse-racings Triple Crown, a record in itself. Last year after winning the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, he and California Chrome came in 4th at the Belmont Stakes.

Belmont Stakes
Saturday, June 6
6:30 ET, so 5:50pm here
Broadcast by NBC in the US. (Anybody know what channel is broadcasting it in Mexico?)

Go Victor! Go American Pharaoh!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Victor Espinoza/American Pharaoh! Belmont Stakes! Possible Triple Crown! Empty Re: Victor Espinoza/American Pharaoh! Belmont Stakes! Possible Triple Crown!

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:26 pm

Ooops, Pharoah. Auto-correct won't let me spell it incorrectly in order to make it correct. Ish.

And I guess it's been 37 years, not 27, an error I can't blame on a computer program.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Victor Espinoza/American Pharaoh! Belmont Stakes! Possible Triple Crown! Empty Re: Victor Espinoza/American Pharaoh! Belmont Stakes! Possible Triple Crown!

Post by gringal Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:33 pm

American Pharaoh won by 5 lengths.  The race is shown on Yahoo news.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Wow. Wow. WOW!

It was a really close race….until the end. It was amazing to watch, start to finish. What a horse, and no doubt, what a jockey. Even on my Telecable Basico service, it was available on the NBC NY feed (85) and also ESPN 3 in Spanish (59). I happened to have some guys working here at the time. When I mentioned it to the jefe before the race he knew of it, but didn't think it a very big deal. Then when they heard us screaming inside the house, he and his co-worker ran in. Very Happy

Big fun.

The other great thing about it is that the jockey, Victor Espnioza, seems like an amazingly decent person as far as I can tell. But that's based on the press and media, etc.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Wow, that was a triple crown butt kicking. Won it going away. Viva Victor and American Pharoah !
Woody
Woody
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Satire

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:25 pm

Born to run. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down