INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying a Mexican plated car question

+4
hockables
RVGRINGO
Canmex 87
pamarie
8 posters

Go down

Buying a Mexican plated car question Empty Buying a Mexican plated car question

Post by pamarie Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:21 pm

I tried to find a topic on whether one has to have a Mexican license in order to buy a Mexican plated car. Does anyone on here know if one can buy a Mexican plated car with a USA driver's license, or if just having Premanente Residente Visa will be enough. Thanks for any helpful feedback you may have to offer.

pamarie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Buying a Mexican plated car question Empty Re: Buying a Mexican plated car question

Post by Canmex 87 Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:24 pm

You do not need a Mexican driver's licence to purchase a Mexican plated vehicle.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Buying a Mexican plated car question Empty Re: Buying a Mexican plated car question

Post by pamarie Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:52 pm

Thanks so much Cannex 87! Great news!

pamarie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:06 pm

You will need your passport, visa and proof of address for the registration process. If buying from a dealer, they will make copies and take care of the details.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by pamarie Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:50 pm

Thank you RVGringo. I want to get a car through a private sale because I imagine it's cheaper than through a dealership anyway that seems to make more common sense to me. Perhaps its more risky to do that in Mexico not sure since I'm in a totally different culture now. Appreciate any advice for this aspect of buying a car though.

pamarie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:57 pm

Before parting with a peso, be sure the seller has complete string of paperwork; original factura from the dealership when sold new, all receipts for renewals of tarjetas de circulacion, and have the office of the recaudadora check for liens and tickets that the seller must pay. Then, do the deal at that office and take possession of the vehicle and safeguard all of that paperwork forever.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:19 pm

get Bob ta do it

Beer

Last edited by hockables on Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:20 pm

I have purchased 3 vehicles privately since moving here. It is no problem at all however take the seller to the motor vehicle branch with you and pay them AFTER the car has been transferred into your name.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by helohfe Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:20 pm

Take a look at the Chapala web board for sale posts on cars and SUV's..There are some Jalisco plated cars for sale by owners..Honda CRV is a good vehicle for the area as well as for serviceability..Check it out..

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:47 pm

Might want to think about going cheap for a used car to start off with and get a good mechanic. Fixing cars down here is a lot less expensive than NOB. You'll be able to get a number of good recommendations for a mechanic from forum members and friends. My good friend Patrick bought a little VW station wagon a couple years ago for $ 4K USD and it runs like a top and he hasn't had to dump a fortune into it. Theirs lots of expats who list cars on the FB site Beg, Borrow, Barter Sell. Join it.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:50 pm

BTW - most all deals are done in cash, so if you're thinking about getting a car then you also need to be thinking about accumulating the cash to pay for it. Just a thought. I was hitting the ATM's for over 2 weeks straight to get the cash together to buy my 1st car down here.

juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:10 am

To avoid being in too much of a hurry to get a car, Mark Turford rents cars, is reliable and easy to deal with. The rental price reflects the age and model of the car.  You pick from the list and he brings you the car.  If you don't like it, he'll exchange for another.  I've used his services.  He's honest and has just about every sort of vehicle and price range.
The number I have is his cell:  045 333 398 9045.

I used his service when our car was wrecked and Japanese parts were hard to get.....so it was a long period of rental.

Since you're new here, you need to be very, very careful in buying a used car, so take your time.
Someone said S&S auto wasn't handling used cars these days, but you might check that since they are the best people to deal with in this area in terms of being honest and knowledgeable.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down