INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banco Santander ATM removed from the wall in Chapala this morning.

+6
BRLAhere
Gamina
benjji
cypress
gringal
Clueless
10 posters

Go down

Banco Santander ATM removed from the wall in Chapala this morning. Empty Banco Santander ATM removed from the wall in Chapala this morning.

Post by Clueless Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:30 pm

It looks like they are doing some repair and it won't be operational until Monday.

The peso rate is very good and I want to get pesos from a Santander ATM since it is a BofA partner and no fees for the ATM use.

Other than the one in Chapala, does anyone know where there is another Banco Santander ATM in either Chapala or Ajijic?

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Banco Santander ATM removed from the wall in Chapala this morning. Empty Re: Banco Santander ATM removed from the wall in Chapala this morning.

Post by gringal Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Clueless wrote:It looks like they are doing some repair and it won't be operational until Monday.

The peso rate is very good and I want to get pesos from a Santander ATM since it is a BofA partner and no fees for the ATM use.

Other than the one in Chapala, does anyone know where there is another Banco Santander ATM in either Chapala or Ajijic?

Thanks.

The Chapala Directory only lists the one in Chapala; 210 Hidalgo.
This directory can be downloaded at www.chapaladirectory.com if you have no paper copy.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Banco Santander ATM removed from the wall in Chapala this morning. Empty Re: Banco Santander ATM removed from the wall in Chapala this morning.

Post by cypress Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:27 pm

There is one at Soriana and one at the Santander bank in Jocotepec.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:16 pm

cypress wrote:There is one at Soriana and one at the Santander bank in Jocotepec.

Thanks. I hope that is the Soriana in Chapala. I don't know if there is one in Joco.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Yes the Soriana in Chapala.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by benjji Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:06 pm

There is no longer a "relationship" between BOFA and Santander and you will be charged by BOA for a foreign ATM charge at Santander.

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:10 pm

benjji wrote:There is no longer a "relationship" between BOFA and Santander and you will be charged by BOA for a foreign ATM charge at Santander.

Not true for my account. Santander is my go-to place.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BRLAhere Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:18 pm

benjji wrote:There is no longer a "relationship" between BOFA and Santander and you will be charged by BOA for a foreign ATM charge at Santander.

I changed from BofA last year to USAA because BofA broke relations with Santander a couple of years ago.  They started charging 3% per ATM transaction.  We had a good friend who is still a bank officer for BofA and she floated us as long as she could, but it all came to an end
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by FeelinGroovy83 Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:55 pm

There is a Santander ATM inside the municipal building in Chapala
FeelinGroovy83
FeelinGroovy83
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:07 pm

I still have no charges at Santande bank ATM or in Soriana but I get charged a fee with the Sandander ATM in the Palacio Municipio blding.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:47 am

Yes BOA deal is gone for normal folks. Invest in BOA at certain levels and it is still free but the old deal is gone and they never announced a replacement deal as they promised. They lost my investments over this. Five bucks plus 3% is the new deal. Just got charged 1% from my credit union so moved money to C.U. Still use BOA to collect Social Security and such as BOA machines are everywhere in US for traveling money.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:27 am

Bank of A gives me all of the breaks. Why? Not because I have $250,000 in my Bank account, I may have $20,000. However they bought out Merrill Lynch and if you are lucky enough to have your retirement account in Merrill Lynch, as I happen to do, that value is counted toward the $250,000 dollar balance.

And according to Mr. Google, the average couple retiring these days has more than that in their retirement accounts.
S0 yes it is possible to get the benefits and not pay the 3% fee if you happen to have your retirement account in Merrill Lynch
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:56 am

Correction: There is no fee for the ATM use at Santander if you use a BofA card; the 3% is the transaction fee that BofA charges on all foreign currency transactions.

I know this as a fact, not from just talking to BofA people NOB this last week, but the screen on the ATM shows "0" when it says there is a charge for using the ATM.

One thing I do not understand is how they arrive at the exchange rate they give at the ATM. One day (Friday) , I got $15.30 which was just slightly under the closing Interbank rate. The next day (Saturday), I got a rate of $15.10. I thought the rate at the close on Friday carried over until Monday morning.

The only problem is that the ATM has it's own withdraws limit, which apparently is $8000.00 even if your bank allows you a higher daily amount. And from what I'm told, you can't withdraw at the counter.

$0.02 pesos worth.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:07 am

theres a santander atm at the rear of the municipio building.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:39 pm

Agree with Clueless no 5 buck fee but 3% is the correct info for BOA at Santander.

Does this apply at Scocia Bank????? Is there still a relationship of any kind????

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:33 pm

I only get my funds from BoA using a Scotia Bank ATM when in Mexico. I always seem to be charged a small fee, maybe $20 pesos by the ATM machine. Again whether BoA charges me depends upon the balance I have in my Bank account and my linked brokerage account.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down