INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death on Nicolas Bravo This Afternoon

+13
gringal
nthensome
viajero
Zedinmexico
artsnob
Jim W
Smartalex
Lady Otter Latté
slainte39
Ms.Thang
CanuckBob
hickton
tombo
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Death on Nicolas Bravo This Afternoon Empty Death on Nicolas Bravo This Afternoon

Post by tombo Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:13 pm

I heard 4 pops not long after noon today from our casa in Ajijic on Constitucion near Castellanos, thought about gunshots, and said to myself, "Nah". A couple of hours later, walking home down 16 de Septiembre, looked up Nicolas Bravo as I passed and saw emergency vehicles blocking the street, about 20 mostly locals in small groups, gawking and talking. I saw a local I know and asked him what happened. "Somebody shot and killed." I mentioned the shots I might have heard. He nodded. Hung around and talked to another local I've seen around. He confirmed that someone had died. A little later saw one of the emergency vehicles on its way out--"Forensic Science" on its side.
tombo
tombo

Back to top Go down

Death on Nicolas Bravo This Afternoon Empty Re: Death on Nicolas Bravo This Afternoon

Post by hickton Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:07 pm

yes ,it was pepe a local character who hangs out in the plaza with a guitar. brother of mario !

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Death on Nicolas Bravo This Afternoon Empty Re: Death on Nicolas Bravo This Afternoon

Post by CanuckBob Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:13 pm

Yes it was. RIP Pepe.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:26 pm

Aw man, Pepe Farias . I just got a text about this, didn't believe it. Not surprising but...damn. RIP, Pepe.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:34 pm

Yes, sad but not surprising. He was a good pool player as well as a guitar player amongst his many other activities.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:42 pm

The potential for this to happen has existed for the 30 some years I have known Pepe.
He lived on the edge.
!Q.D.E.P......Hotel California!

Last edited by slainte39 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:49 pm

as they say on tob. welcome to paradise ! if they would get their heads out of the sands..

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:54 pm

slainte39 wrote:The potential for this to happen has existed for the 30 some years I have known Pepe.
He lived on the edge.
!Q.D.E.P......Hotel California!

With Pepe's lifestyle.....this could have happened anywhere in  the world.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Let's remember Pepe for the good stuff...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6NMdHTnynZI

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:17 pm

Sad.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Aw fuck!
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:08 am

REALLY SUCKS
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:32 am

I am trying to place him, as there are few guys who come to the plaza with guitar, how old was he...

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:35 am

Pepe was Mario's brother. They both had polio (or something like that) as kids. Mario's condition was worse than Pepe's but he still had a limp. Pepe was probably in his mid to late 50's.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:00 am

hickton wrote:yes ,it was pepe a local character who hangs out in the plaza with a guitar. brother of mario !

Mario with the long hair who sells on the plaza or different Mario????

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:06 am

Pepe singing "Hotel California".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TjMcx36Uyts

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:58 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
hickton wrote:yes ,it was pepe a local character who hangs out in the plaza with a guitar. brother of mario !

Mario with the long hair who sells on the plaza or different Mario????

Z

Mario hangs out fishing on the point, has long hair, walks with a cane and usually has a pack of small dogs with him.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:07 am

Here is a link to the article in the GDL Reporter:

http://www.theguadalajarareporter.com/index.php/news/news/lake-chapala/46767-ajijic-man-shot-dead-in-broad-daylight-pegged-as-dope-dealer-and-friend-to-expats
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:36 am

CanuckBob wrote:Here is a link to the article in the GDL Reporter:

http://www.theguadalajarareporter.com/index.php/news/news/lake-chapala/46767-ajijic-man-shot-dead-in-broad-daylight-pegged-as-dope-dealer-and-friend-to-expats

Oh good grief. Pepe sold to people all over town, not just gringos. He had been threatened a lot over the last few years and especially over this past year because he was an "independent" and wouldn't join up with cartel. He had post polio syndrome and other health problems. Pepe would have liked to have gotten out of the bussiness all together but it was all he knew to do. He was what he was. He loved music, he was a nice guy and he always had a smile on his face. He was a proud Mexican and he loved Ajijic. I'm gonna miss him.

He didn't deserve to die like that, I hope whoever did it is brought to justice.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:41 am

Agreed. I liked talking with him and playing pool against him. He made me a better player. He seemed harmless to me but then again if you are going to be in "the business" you got to expect this sort of thing. Independents don't usually last that long in these parts and with the recent change in "upper management" I guess they wanted to set an example.

Last edited by CanuckBob on Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:54 am

CanuckBob wrote: Independents don't usually last that long in these parts and with the recent change in "upper management" I guess they wanted to set an example.
That is a fact,independents do not last very long.
I knew a guy, a neighbor who was a mid level dealer he got his product from an AFI agent,somebody tipped off the army,they sent a truckful of soldiers who arrested him and confiscated about a kilo of coca.
The AFI agent paid the army guy 100,000 and they released him...and gave him back his merchandise...
Another neighbor went independent and a cartel shot up his house,he moved to Manzanillo..
It's a rough business.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:31 am

Ms.Thang wrote:

Oh good grief. Pepe sold to people all over town, not just gringos. He had been threatened a lot over the last few years and especially over this past year because he was an "independent" and wouldn't join up with cartel. He had post polio syndrome and other health problems. Pepe would have liked to have gotten out of the bussiness all together but it was all he knew to do. He was what he was. He loved music, he was a nice guy and he always had a smile on his face. He was a proud Mexican and he loved Ajijic. I'm gonna miss him.

He didn't deserve to die like that, I hope whoever did it is brought to justice.

A very insightful post. Thank you Ms. Thang. Of course, this has happened before. I'm sure you remember "Chorio," another small-time independent dealer who met a similar fate about three years ago.

I'm gonna miss Pepe too.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:58 am

Ms.Thang wrote:Pepe singing "Hotel California".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TjMcx36Uyts

Thank you....that was his signature song.

I first heard him sing it 30 years ago at Big Mama's (Jan Dunlap) Tejaban, I believe.  I thought "who is this guy, he's pretty damn good".
He had just returned to Ajijic after being a "guest" of the State of California, USA, in one of their "hotels".
He spoke English and understood American culture, better than most gringos
In one fashion or another.....he was a local icon.

Q.D.E.P.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by nthensome Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:43 am

Will they ever just legalize the shit?

nthensome

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:54 am

nthensome wrote:Will they ever just legalize the shit?

Sure, why not? But that wasn't Pepe's problem........I guess he just wasn't a "joiner", so "they" decided he should lose his job sans termination pay. Too bad. He did a nice job on the UTube "Hotel California". RiP.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next