INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giving back to the local community...... Our small way

5 posters

Go down

Giving back to the local community......    Our small way Empty Giving back to the local community...... Our small way

Post by albertrv Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:49 pm

We have used the term “Lakeside” for close to seven years now with 3 of those years being full time. It’s a great community with many fine people living here both full and part time. We both feel that we would like to be able to give back to the community in some way but our location on the southshore makes it hard to commit on a full time bases. Not to mention that there are so many organizations, that all need and deserve help that it makes it hard to choose. We have found a small way to help.

Recently we have launched a Webhosting Service in the local area and would like to offer to any local organization, charity, or just anyone doing good in the area, 100% free webhosting services. Please note our webhosting is completely free of any advertisements or annoying banner ads. While we also do website design, and would be more than willing to help in this aspect if you don’t presently have a website, this offer is not to take away from anyone presently managing a website. This is simply an offer to move that website somewhere that eliminates that portion of the organizations expenses.

For more information you can PM or post here or contact me though our website. From the main page you can access sales through the support tab to request a 100% discount code or more information.

It’s a privilege and an honor to help.

Monarch Hosting Services
www.monarchhostingservices.com

albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Giving back to the local community......    Our small way Empty Re: Giving back to the local community...... Our small way

Post by kipissippi Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi Albert....so how is life on the South Side treating you? Glad you made it to the "friendly forum"Very Happy

Kip
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Giving back to the local community......    Our small way Empty Re: Giving back to the local community...... Our small way

Post by CanuckBob Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Sounds like a great offer to all the "non-profit" organizations around the lake. What a nice way to contribute. Kudos to you Albert.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:54 pm

Thanks.

For us its a great way to help out without having to decide who gets the donation. I'd love to see hundreds of organizations take us up on the offer and it wouldn't suprise me it there are that many around the lake. For this to get out to the right people i'm hoping that anyone seeing the post who knows someone who knows someone gets involved spreading the word.

(HI KIP)

albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:57 pm

One site that we have donated the hosting for just came online. Most of you probably know of or have used the Vet Dr. Pepe. Have a look.... www.pepespawsandclaws.com
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:57 pm

It's time to add to my post to get see if I can get the good word out even more. We have gotten inquires from our offer and we have things on the go, and thats great, but I want more. Only a small percentage of organizations that could make use of our donation are ever on these forums. So here what I'm going to do.... I am going to put you all in charge of telling anyone and everyone you know about Monarch Hosting and what we are offering. There are so many good groups in the area that I'm sure each and every one of you knows somebody.

Ok, Get to work............

Albert
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:16 pm

Well, Albert:

I´m not sure where you are coming from and must, at this point, remain a bit skeptical but we will be returning to Lakeside from our winter home in Chiapas in about a month and I, Dawg, would love to think your idea would lead somewhere among forum participants beyond petty bickering or shallow contretemps. It would be great to see a Chapala forum dedicated to community service and enlightenment with no crass commerical underbelly dishonestly directing trains of thought toward an unstated goal.

If you are serious and have no hidden agenda, I may be on board. We´ll see. Show me you are serious.

Dawg

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Hello Dawg,

Thank you for this opportunity to respond to your post and hopefully remove some of your skeptism. You have however misread my original post. In your post you said, and I quote;

"It would be great to see a Chapala forum dedicated to community service and enlightenment with no crass commerical underbelly dishonestly directing trains of thought toward an unstated goal."

My original post had nothing to do with community forums in any way. It was an offer extended to non-profit or charitable organizations in the Lake Chapala area to receive at no cost to them a place to have their website hosted, new or existing. A good and recent example of this is the new website for the Vet, Dr. Pepe, a very deserving cause, of which I’m sure you will agree. His new website, located at: www.pepespawsandclaws.com is hosted by us at no charge. We did not work on the actual site or receive any money's, actually the web designer donated his services to Dr. Pepe as well in this case. I stated very explicitly that this was not in any way an attempt to take away from any arrangements that a website designer might have with such an organization. Our offer was only a place to move an existing website to and in doing so save some money. Perhaps my statement about banner ads or other types of adverting was taken in the wrong context. What I was referring to was that the hosted site we were willing to donate was "free of advertising" It was the same type of hosting that you would get if you were paying for it for business use.

Now on to the facts of life. Monarch Hosting is a webhosting company locally owned and operated and yes we need to make money to stay in business. Go to our website, check it out, there is no denining that we are in business and in business to make a profit. That’s what business is all about. What we don't want to do is make money off of worthwhile organizations fighting for every last dollar they can get so they can give it to someone else in need. There are plenty of businesses in the area that we can sell our services to.

Dawg, if you’re still skeptical of all of this then you can do one of two things. The first is easy, just sit back with an open mind and watch what we’re doing. Better yet, as you said “Get on Board” and bring us as many organization deserving help as you can drum up and we will prove to you that I meant what I said by hosting all of their websites for free.

Albert
Monarch Hosting Services
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Giving back to the local community......    Our small way Empty About AlbertRV

Post by GBATRUCKS Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:26 pm

hound dog wrote:Well, Albert:

I´m not sure where you are coming from and must, at this point, remain a bit skeptical but we will be returning to Lakeside from our winter home in Chiapas in about a month and I, Dawg, would love to think your idea would lead somewhere among forum participants beyond petty bickering or shallow contretemps. It would be great to see a Chapala forum dedicated to community service and enlightenment with no crass commerical underbelly dishonestly directing trains of thought toward an unstated goal.

If you are serious and have no hidden agenda, I may be on board. We´ll see. Show me you are serious.

Dawg

Hey puppy,

I've known Albert & Ellen for some time....they are the real deal. woof woof

Trucks
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Yo Bamaboy! You need to take a trip to the South Side when you get back and visit LN and Albert. Nice folks and I'll bet they'll make your trip worthwhile Beer Very Happy

Cousin Kippy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:48 pm

hound dog wrote:with no crass commerical underbelly dishonestly directing trains of thought toward an unstated goal.

Mr. Dawg, I didn't realize I was directing your thoughts here, however, if I could direct you to the bar to grab me another cerveza.......

Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Make that dos por favor... Beer
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:35 pm

two, ???? I'm already on my fifth......... and going strong.

Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Last edited by albertrv on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Slow down Albert and let the rest of us catch up!!!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:10 pm

albertrv wrote:Hello Dawg,

...My original post had nothing to do with community forums in any way. It was an offer extended to non-profit or charitable organizations in the Lake Chapala area to receive at no cost to them a place to have their Dawg, if you’re still skeptical of all of this then you can do one of two things. The first is easy, just sit back with an open mind and watch what we’re doing. Better yet, as you said “Get on Board” and bring us as many organization deserving help as you can drum up and we will prove to you that I meant what I said by hosting all of their websites for free.

Albert
Monarch Hosting Services

A thoughtful response, Albert. I´ll be in touch later.

Dawg
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down