INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puerto Vallarta pics

+5
Trailrunner
slainte39
gringal
CanuckBob
Clete
9 posters

Go down

Puerto Vallarta pics Empty Puerto Vallarta pics

Post by Clete Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm

Puerto Vallarta pics Jqgyhh

Puerto Vallarta pics 14b3hi1

Voladores de Papantla

Puerto Vallarta pics 2pu0lso

Puerto Vallarta pics 28sws5l

Puerto Vallarta pics 5k3l7k

Puerto Vallarta pics Rmmtxx

Puerto Vallarta pics Hspf1u

Puerto Vallarta pics 1zwf5sz

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Puerto Vallarta pics Empty Re: Puerto Vallarta pics

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:00 pm

Awesome pictures Clete!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:31 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Awesome pictures Clete!!!

Yes they are. I wanna BE THERE, NOW!! Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:05 am

Where were the Voladores Clete?  Just got back from 2 weeks of La Cruz de Huanacaxtle to El Tuito and didn't pick up on their being in the area.
Sure would have made time to see them, along with the cocodrilos.  LOL

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:46 am

slainte39 wrote:Where were the Voladores Clete?  Just got back from 2 weeks of La Cruz de Huanacaxtle to El Tuito and didn't pick up on their being in the area.
Sure would have made time to see them, along with the cocodrilos.  LOL

They were on the beach along the malecon. The whole Banderas Bay is absolutely beautiful. A unique part of the world.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:06 am

Nice photos!
If you're still in the area, check out Yelapa. Would love to see a few pics of what it looks like now.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:04 am

Can't wait to go again next month!
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:13 am

Not Yelapa but Quimixto.

Puerto Vallarta pics Nevukw

Puerto Vallarta pics Oqao40

Puerto Vallarta pics 2mg6r2r

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:28 am

I had the best lobster in Yelapa.  They catch them, bring them ashore and cook them on the beach.  Unbelievably delicious!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:32 am

Nice! I have to look Quimixto up, don't know where that is, but it looks wonderful.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:57 am

Trailrunner wrote:Nice! I have to look Quimixto up, don't know where that is, but it looks wonderful.

It is a little further along the bay from PV. No cars. Very small. There is a trail that leads to a waterfall. Wild parrots and lots of waterfowl in the streams along the trail.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:19 am

Sounds like Yelapa when I lived there in the 60's.
No roads? Must take panga taxi to get there? Sounds perfect!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:06 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Nice! I have to look Quimixto up, don't know where that is, but it looks wonderful.

Yep it's close to Mismaloya.  Didn't get to Yelapa but was out on Cabo Corrientes.....beautiful, greener than Ireland.  They have a wonderful botanical reserve there that is worth seeing.  Vallarta Botanical Gardens.
If your down that way by auto, there is a wonderful little restaurant called El Jacalito right on the curve,seaside, at the low point of Mismaloya.
Good food, fair prices.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:13 pm

Clete wrote:

It is a little further along the bay from PV. No cars. Very small. There is a trail that leads to a waterfall. Wild parrots and lots of waterfowl in the streams along the trail.

Is that where that "pirate ship" takes their people for a  beach party?  The old John Huston home has been turned into some kind of a tourist attraction somewhere down there near Yelapa.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:34 pm

slainte39 wrote:
Clete wrote:

Is that where that "pirate ship" takes their people for a  beach party?  The old John Huston home has been turned into some kind of a tourist attraction somewhere down there near Yelapa.

I am not sure about the pirate ship. We went on a friend's boat. Quimixto is a good way past Mismaloya and Yelapa. It is yet another small distance from Boca de Tomatlan, which is the last point reachable via automobile. A short ways north of Quimixto was another village and there were a couple of excursion boats anchored offshore and shuttling people to the beach on pangas.

I wouldn't mind having a small ranchito in the area of El Tuito. The weather there is much nicer and you are close to the Bahia de Banderas.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:49 pm

Any restaurants in PV that have Lobster?
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:46 pm

Probably many places, but for sure La Langosta Feliz on Republica Dominicana, a couple of blocks off the tunnel bypass on the ocean side.  Ate there last week, not lobster but huachinango.  The family also owns a very good restaurant up in San Sebastian called La Posada.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:55 pm

Clete wrote:
slainte39 wrote:
Clete wrote:

I am not sure about the pirate ship. We went on a friend's boat. Quimixto is a good way past Mismaloya and Yelapa. It is yet another small distance from Boca de Tomatlan, which is the last point reachable via automobile. A short ways north of Quimixto was another village and there were a couple of excursion boats anchored offshore and shuttling people to the beach on pangas.

I wouldn't mind having a small ranchito in the area of El Tuito. The weather there is much nicer and you are close to the Bahia de Banderas.

The J. Huston home is on the beach in Las Caletas, next port down from Quimixto, both a short distance down from Boca de T.  Yelapa is a little further on toward the equator. 
A lot of new construction around Mismaloya and it won't be long before the beautiful Boca de Tomatlan will be the same.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:18 am

Interesting thread for me, I used to know that area well. It was so fabulous years ago, probably still is but. . .

Ok, I see know, Quimixto is a bit north of Yelapa. I'd like to tour that coastline again. I know Yelapa has been commercialized since I lived there, I choose not to see it now but to remember it the way it was with everyone having a secret soap stash for bathing up in the waterfall and lining up to buy food from the people who grew onions or made tortillas or had a lime tree or the fisherman who caught a big fish that day. Juan Cruz, the man whose palapa we lived in, also had the only abarrote in town. Although his shelves were scanty, he did have crema de cacahuate so all was well with the world.

La Posada in San Sebastian. . .is the inn on the plaza, a couple of generations old, nice hospitality, good food in front, or is it the Italian restaurant??? Great place, San Seb, good food, panaderia, rompope, and good hiking. . .if you don't go tooooo deeply into the hills. hah!

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

slainte39 wrote:
The J. Huston home is on the beach in Las Caletas, next port down from Quimixto, both a short distance down from Boca de T.  Yelapa is a little further on toward the equator. 
A lot of new construction around Mismaloya and it won't be long before the beautiful Boca de Tomatlan will be the same.

Yes that is correct. I had Yelapa confused with Las Animas.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:03 am

Trailrunner wrote:Interesting thread for me, I used to know that area well. It was so fabulous years ago, probably still is but. . .

Ok, I see know, Quimixto is a bit north of Yelapa. I'd like to tour that coastline again. I know Yelapa has been commercialized since I lived there, I choose not to see it now but to remember it the way it was with everyone having a secret soap stash for bathing up in the waterfall and lining up to buy food from the people who grew onions or made tortillas or had a lime tree or the fisherman who caught a big fish that day. Juan Cruz, the man whose palapa we lived in, also had the only abarrote in town. Although his shelves were scanty, he did have crema de cacahuate so all was well with the world.

La Posada in San Sebastian. . .is the inn on the plaza, a couple of generations old, nice hospitality, good food in front, or is it the Italian restaurant??? Great place, San Seb, good food, panaderia, rompope, and good hiking. . .if you don't go tooooo deeply into the hills. hah!

No, La Posada is a block east of the plaza.  Stay on the south side of the plaza and go straight through to the dead end make a turn to the left and a couple of doors down is La Posada on the right.  Narrow street, hard to park, es Mexico. LOL
The Marines have a serious reten at the entrance to San Sebastian from the Mascota highway, at least a 50 to maybe 100 men, so be sure you carry good ID for identification if you go up that way.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:16 am

Hensley wrote:Any restaurants in PV that have Lobster?
We like Mauricios,they have lobster but we usually order the pescado zarandeado or the mariscada.
It's a palapa place and the food, service and ambiente is good.
Google (Mauricios Puerta Vallarta) for more info.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:51 pm

Yes, Quimixto is where the Pirate Ship hangs out.... was there (not with the ship but with a panga taxi we hired for 4 hours).

OK, I'll ask maybe the obvious.... why such a large reten up at San Sebastion? Haven't been there for a couple of years but.....
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Yes, Quimixto is where the Pirate Ship hangs out.... was there (not with the ship but with a panga taxi we hired for 4 hours) a few weeks ago. I'll also second the suggestion to see the Arboretum around Boca de T. Pretty impressed at what has been done there... good restaurant on premises is also.

OK, I'll ask maybe the obvious.... why such a huge reten up at San Sebastion? Haven't been there for a couple of years but.....
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:01 pm

RickS wrote:Yes, Quimixto is where the Pirate Ship hangs out.... was there (not with the ship but with a panga taxi we hired for 4 hours) a few weeks ago. I'll also second the suggestion to see the Arboretum around Boca de T. Pretty impressed at what has been done there... good restaurant on premises is also.

OK, I'll ask maybe the obvious.... why such a huge reten up at San Sebastion?  Haven't been there for a couple of years but.....

1....It's very near the area where the 15 policia were ambushed and killed a year ago.
2....It's a natural bottleneck for checking who is coming and going via that route.
3....They might have had information that someone or some thing was transiting that highway.
4....It could have  been a random reten that they set up indiscriminately at various times and locations.

I asked if there was a problem ahead.  No comment, except for  a precursory wave, and !adelante!....after checking identificacion.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down