INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a home to rent long term

3 posters

Go down

Looking for a home to rent long term Empty Looking for a home to rent long term

Post by pamarie Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:17 pm

Well since I have arrived here since June 2015 I have been living at Lolita's Inn and now plan to move out by the end of May into a forever home hopefully!  I have loved living at the Inn but its time for me to spread my wings now and find my own house to call home.   Main criteria to find hopefully:
- at least two bedrooms
- need to keep my rent down below 500USD if possible or no higher than 750USD if all inclusive or at least some things included in the rent  
- prefer a furnished home, but at least furnished with kitchen appliances and washer and dryer at a minimum
- at least with an open large kitchen concept since I cook most of my meals
- a yard for my beautiful and well behaved boxer
- off street parking  

The only area I am not interested in moving to is Chapala, it just doesn't feel like the right place for me.....also I don't want to live in any of the gated communities, I prefer to live amongst the locals in a nice safe mixed neighborhood. I will finally be buying a car within the month of Feb. so I don't need to be near bus stops.  I can move before the end of May if I find the right place so that's not an issue for me at all, the owners of Lolita's are very supportive of me finding a place where I can call home.  I have good references from them and prior to moving here from Oregon.  Please just PM me if you have a rental or know of one coming up by end of May. I have heard of some nice places that have gone for as low as 400USD that are casita's and some on the high end of what I can afford but quite lovely like recently a nice 3 bedroom house with a big yard in a mixed neighborhood.

pamarie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for a home to rent long term Empty Re: Looking for a home to rent long term

Post by Luisa Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi Pamarie,
I think you should consider Chapala. It's a good, vibrant, small city with lots of "good" people--I can't really define what I mean by that, but it's not just expats. I'm an immigrant from the USA who happens to live in a barrio in upper Ajijic and I love it, but I think that Chapala is underrated. PM me if you'd like to have lunch or a glass of wine or cup of coffee.
Luisa

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for a home to rent long term Empty Re: Looking for a home to rent long term

Post by Flamingo Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:11 pm

I am going to respectfully disagree. I think folks should find the ambiance they are comfortable with. Personally I very much like Jocotopec and like Chapala. I wouldn't want to live in Ajijic. But that's me.

Look for rentals in the Ojo, this board's for-rent section, Chapala.com's classifieds and on the bulletin boards at LCS, El Torito and Super Lake.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:41 am

Flamingo wrote:I am going to respectfully disagree. I think folks should find the ambiance they are comfortable with. Personally I very much like Jocotopec and like Chapala. I wouldn't want to live in Ajijic. But that's me.

Look for rentals in the Ojo, this board's for-rent section, Chapala.com's classifieds and on the bulletin boards at LCS, El Torito and Super Lake.
Fair enough. Pamarie should trust her instincts and preferences.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down