INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clear coating for slip proofing tiles??

5 posters

Go down

Clear coating for slip proofing tiles?? Empty Clear coating for slip proofing tiles??

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:50 pm

Has anyone seen a product that can do this around here. I know you can get it NOB.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Clear coating for slip proofing tiles?? Empty Re: Clear coating for slip proofing tiles??

Post by solajijic Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:05 pm

I vaguely recall someone using a tennis court sealer that had a microscopic granule in it for around their pool and the brick pathways thru the garden. I have used the court sealer from Prisa to seal wood furniture exposed to the elements but the one I bought did not have the granules.

NoB at the lake cabin as a kid when we painted the wood porch steps and walking area going into the house doors we put a small amount of very fine sand in the paint for non-slip.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Clear coating for slip proofing tiles?? Empty Re: Clear coating for slip proofing tiles??

Post by rvanparys Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:43 pm

Great question.... We have slick tiles and coming out of the pool is inviting a fall which at my age is something I do not need... If anyone has knowledge of a such a product your info would be greatly appreciated.

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by helohfe Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:15 pm

I too would like to find such a product locally...We recently had a friend bust his ass hurrying to the car during the light rain..Looked he hit "Black Ice"//No serious injury but still limping. We have thought of re-tiling the walkway with different textured tiles.. or maybe "topes"..LOL

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:59 pm

I'll go and speak with the woman who owns the hardware store just east of the Pemex. If something is available locally I'm sure she will know.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:43 pm

This is sold at Home Depot but I don't know if it's sold in Guadalajara. Also, Amazon carries a product & maybe it can be shipped here.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/InvisaTread-1-qt-Slip-Resistant-Treatment-for-Tile-and-Stone-IVT32/203529292

Amazon's has a better rating:

https://www.amazon.com/Stone-Grip-Floor-Treatment-Quart/dp/B003JTTHVM

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down