INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ne web site for expats: The Expat Guide to Living in Mexico. Just launched

+6
slainte39
sparks
gringal
CanuckBob
Clete
Irish Gal
10 posters

Go down

Ne web site for expats: The Expat Guide to Living in Mexico. Just launched Empty Ne web site for expats: The Expat Guide to Living in Mexico. Just launched

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:02 pm

http://www.expatsinmexico.com/

Back to top Go down

Ne web site for expats: The Expat Guide to Living in Mexico. Just launched Empty Re: Ne web site for expats: The Expat Guide to Living in Mexico. Just launched

Post by Irish Gal Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:59 pm

Thank you, Me&BearDog, for posting this website. Lots of good information.

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ne web site for expats: The Expat Guide to Living in Mexico. Just launched Empty Re: Ne web site for expats: The Expat Guide to Living in Mexico. Just launched

Post by Clete Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:39 pm

The site claims 1 million expats living in Mexico. That number has been debated ad nauseum on web boards with the consensus being no way.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:43 pm

Unfortunately there is also misinformation on their section called Lake Chapala Homes. This statement alone "And estimated more than 30,000 expats, primarily Americans and Canadians, call lakeside their home" questions their credibility. There is 6000 to 8000 at most here FT. I see Spencer is part of this site. Maybe he could review their stuff about Guadalajara and Lake Chapala for accuracy.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:45 pm

Clete wrote:The site claims 1 million expats living in Mexico. That number has been debated ad nauseum on web boards with the consensus being no way.

I've been wondering where that figure came from, too. Considering that there are records of how many permanente, temporary, and visitor visas are on record SOMEWHERE, you'd think a ball park head count could be made, and maybe throw in a reasonable guess as to the number hiding under the cactuses.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:59 pm

I wasn't impressed but Spencer being there helps a lot
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:09 pm

Maybe they are counting Mexicans and Mexican-Americans that hold dual citizenship.
I have at least 11 in my immediate family living in Mexico with that condition and no one would ever think they were ex-pats. (All with Hispanic apellidos)
Now when you are in Mexico with dual citizenship, you are Mexican, but to inflate the count that could do it.
Another fairly close relative living in Guadalajara has three children, all born in San Diego, but they don't live there. (anchor babies)
Even children born in Mexico can get dual citizenship if one parent has US citizenship and has spent 5 years in the US.
Depends on how they define ex-pats......retirees or dual citizens.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:52 am

Even so, there still isn't 30,000 expats at Lake Chapala. The total populations of Chapala and Ajijic combined is around 30,000.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:00 am

Isn't this just another vehicle to sell real estate?

I agree, Spencer is a good credible addition.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:29 am

By the way I got the link from https://www.facebook.com/mexiconewsdaily/?fref=ts Just for information.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:54 am

I have often read that there are more than a million AMERICANS living in Mexico. Indeed, there may be a million expats from all over the world living in Mexico.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:18 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Isn't this just another vehicle to sell real estate?

Looks like it to me
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:45 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Even so, there still isn't 30,000 expats at Lake Chapala. The total populations of Chapala and Ajijic combined is around 30,000.

I've  seen that many in Superlake on a few occasions.    lol!
(Well at least it seemed like that many, the way they drive and park)

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:48 am

hahaha Slainte. Truth!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:14 am

http://www.pri.org/stories/2010-09-27/mexicos-illegal-immigrants-americans

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by papa chango Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:57 pm

sparks wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:Isn't this just another vehicle to sell real estate?

Looks like it to me

I agree. This site is not to help expats in Mexico. It's there so they can make some money off of their real estate sponsors.

Ne web site for expats: The Expat Guide to Living in Mexico. Just launched 87465
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:17 pm

I tried to follow the money and that is where it led me too.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down