INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mexican Federal end-of-life Legislation / an update

Go down

Mexican Federal end-of-life Legislation / an update Empty Mexican Federal end-of-life Legislation / an update

Post by Sherman Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:48 am

Please see a longer post on this webboard under a similar title, from December 2010, which discusses the legislation, provides legal citations, references, and more from the research completed by Susan Reynolds (it's all the stuffy 'stuff'). From that post, Rolly Brook developed a good rewrite of the materials, but did not include the references, etc. For those of you that want to see the 'back up' to the materials check the post here or

www.lifeplanninginlalisco.wordpress.com

Also make sure to see Rolly's site, especially the English - Spanish translation of the legislation.

http://rollybrook.com/end_life_care.htm

Since posting in December, Spencer McMullen made a recommendation, from his work in Jalisco, regarding witnesses who sign the document for you.

Here in Jalisco, when witnesses sign for you, make sure to get a copy of their voting card, Jalisco driver's license or a passport. Keep a copy of that their identification attached to the End-of-Life documentation.

The suggestion for the witnesses may be good only for Jalisco. So, if you live in another Mexican state, make sure to verify if the process is the same or if you need different documentation.

And remember, other suggestions were to note the legal citation on the front page of the document and keep a copy of the legislation with your document. And, if you feel more comfortable with a notario's signature, you can do that also, although it is not required.

Filoli

Also, for anyone interested, two articles are available. One is 'Sudden Incapacitation' in Judy King's on-line Magazine Mexico-Insights (Living at Lake Chapala) and the other is on Durable Powers of attorney in Mexico which will be published in the Lake Chapala Review in mid-June.

Mexican Federal end-of-life Legislation / an update 87465 Mexican Federal end-of-life Legislation / an update 87465 Mexican Federal end-of-life Legislation / an update 87465

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Mexican Federal end-of-life Legislation / an update Empty Re: Mexican Federal end-of-life Legislation / an update

Post by Sherman Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:24 am

There's one more update.
If you are actually working on getting the health care designation and health care directives in place, you can get some help from Dr. Garcia on selecting health care directives. Dr. Garcia is located at Maskaras Clinic in Riberas, 376 765 4805. Or, take a copy of the legislation to your own doctor and go over the choices.

I have contacted Dr. Garcia, who has a copy of the legislation (that I actually discussed with him in April 2010) and can work through the directives that are available in the legislation. The directives are very similar to what we include in a Living Will NOB.

If you want more information and want to see the legislation, go to Rolly's site for the legislation and form, or go to lifeplanninginjalisco.wordpress.com for the form and some Jalisco specific tips.

Check for the health care directives on, for example, Nolo Press, AARP, CARP, or the Five Wishes Foundation, which can all be found on-line.

If you have more questions, email me directly. The information is on my website.

Filoli

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down