INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need directions to the Chapala tianguis

+8
lunateak
Lady Otter Latté
lilikoi
WDBarr
Trailrunner
gobluejohn
CanuckBob
WillieRae
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Need directions to the Chapala tianguis Empty Need directions to the Chapala tianguis

Post by WillieRae Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:31 am

Can some one please give the location to the tianguis in Chapala and is it on Monday? TIA

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Need directions to the Chapala tianguis Empty Re: Need directions to the Chapala tianguis

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:45 am

It is on Mondays on the side streets, across and a little to the south, from Soriana's.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Need directions to the Chapala tianguis Empty Re: Need directions to the Chapala tianguis

Post by gobluejohn Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:47 am

it is located next to the soccer field as you are leaving Chapala to head to Guad can't miss it on the left, and yes it is on Monday
gobluejohn
gobluejohn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:10 am

Easiest thing is to park at Soriana, take the overhead pedestrian crossing, and walk up to the next street parallel to the highway.You will be right in it.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:04 pm

We park at Soriana and then walk across at the stoplight rather than climb the pedestrian walk (which would be difficult with a large load of vegetables). The market runs parallel to the main road and over 1 street, which means it is difficult to see if you don't know where to look - we lived here a year before we found it. We walk down the first side street closest to the stop light. It brings you out in the middle of the market. We like to go early, about 9am, on Monday. Today we got a late start and didn't get there until almost noon and the selection was not as good as usual. The prices are the best you will find lakeside and they are usually posted so you get the same price as any other shopper. Take small bills and coins.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lilikoi Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:43 pm

If you dare to venture in to the neighborhood, you can find parking pretty easily at the far end of the tiangus as it ends. There is a hill that goes up to the church. You can cross through the side streets and find parking within a block so you don't have to carry things far. I finally got a cart with wheels as I live near there. So easy to shop with the cartito.
lilikoi
lilikoi

Humor : Radical

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:12 pm

lilikoi wrote:If you dare to venture in to the neighborhood, you can find parking pretty easily at the far end of the tiangus as it ends. There is a hill that goes up to the church. You can cross through the side streets and find parking within a block so you don't have to carry things far. I finally got a cart with wheels as I live near there. So easy to shop with the cartito.

Dare to venture into the neighborhood? I lived in that neighborhood for two years. It is a Mexican working-class neighborhood with good people who were wonderful neighbors. On New Year's Eve I walked the neighborhood at midnight sharing in the celebrations out on the streets. There is nothing wrong with the neighborhood and no need to be concerned about driving and parking there.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am

[quote="Lady Otter Latté"][quote="lilikoi"]If you dare to venture in to the neighborhood, you can find parking pretty easily at the far end of the tiangus as it ends. There is a hill that goes up to the church. You can cross through the side streets and find parking within a block so you don't have to carry things far. I finally got a cart with wheels as I live near there. So easy to shop with the cartito.[/quote]

Dare to venture into the neighborhood? I lived in that neighborhood for two years. It is a Mexican working-class neighborhood with good people who were wonderful neighbors. On New Year's Eve I walked the neighborhood at midnight sharing in the celebrations out on the streets. There is nothing wrong with the neighborhood and no need to be concerned about driving and parking there.[/quote]

Why did you move from there to Gringo Road in Ajijic then? Just curious...............

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:39 am

Hey, you are starting to sound like an "ex-smoker"......jaja.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:59 am

[quote="CanuckBob"]Hey, you are starting to sound like an "ex-smoker"......jaja.[/quote]

Neh, not trying to. Just wondering if Lady O liked it so much why she move to a place that is 95% gringos. I didn't give the road that name the locals did.

I think it's funny when she "tries" to give her perspective on living in Mexico and the Mexican way of life all the while living in one of the only places (roads) that is mostly made up of North Americans, and never even leaves her casa.

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:06 am

As Lady Otter Latte doesn't read your posts let me answer.
You are just plain wrong as she doesn't live in Ajijic. She still lives in a Mexican neighborhood in another part of Chapala.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:09 am

Oh, and by the way. Where is there anyplace lakeside that is 95% gringo?
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:09 am

As far as I know LO lives in Chapala.......soooooooo....... razberry

Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:13 am

[quote="CanuckBob"]
As far as I know LO lives in Chapala.......soooooooo....... razberry

Beer [/quote]

Oh!........ Dam my mistake!

God I hope she don't live near me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:13 am

[quote="lunateak"]Oh, and by the way. Where is there anyplace lakeside that is 95% gringo?[/quote]

That would be a yes there is many places.

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:14 am

Name one.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:15 am

lunateak wrote:Oh, and by the way. Where is there anyplace lakeside that is 95% gringo?

I know a few people who "live in a Mexican neighborhood" because they can't afford to live elsewhere. Then they dump on the other areas and claim they "don't want to live among gringos". Of course it is all a crock of crap. Text book case of "location envy"..........jaja.

Last edited by CanuckBob on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:16 am

[quote="lunateak"]As Lady Otter Latte doesn't read your posts let me answer.
You are just plain wrong as she doesn't live in Ajijic. She still lives in a Mexican neighborhood in another part of Chapala.[/quote]

It's a shame she doesn't read them.

I just love getting under her skin....

So I guess she can only dish out criticism, but to much of a snowflake to take any criticism. I get it now....
Oh well I'll keep trying..........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:16 am

[quote="CanuckBob"][quote="lunateak"]Oh, and by the way. Where is there anyplace lakeside that is 95% gringo?[/quote]

I know a few people who "live in a Mexican neighborhood" because they can't afford to live elsewhere. Then they dump on the other areas and claim they "don't want to live among gringos". Of course it is all a crock of crap. Text book case of "location envy"..........jaja.[/quote]

Yeh I bet, but there is no problem with that here! :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:23 am

M&BD - So you have no idea who you're talking about living on Gringo Road and can't name one place that is 95% gringo.
Just adds to you lack of credibility.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:25 am

CanuckBob wrote:
lunateak wrote:Oh, and by the way. Where is there anyplace lakeside that is 95% gringo?

I know a few people who "live in a Mexican neighborhood" because they can't afford to live elsewhere. Then they dump on the other areas and claim they "don't want to live among gringos". Of course it is all a crock of crap. Text book case of "location envy"..........jaja.

That's very true but there are also people who can't afford to buy a house but rent in Ajijic because they think they have to hold their nose to go to anywhere outside the town limits. In their minds, it's the Beverly Hills of Mexico. I've heard the snotty comments about Chapala & Riberas from people who don't know what they're talking about.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:56 am

To me, a "Mexican neighborhood" is one not so saturated with foreigners that it takes on the look and feel of being NOB. Life has not been twisted out of shape to accommodate the demands of the entitled. That may be appealing for those people who don't really want to be in Mexico but can't afford a decent (or any) lifestyle NOB or can live much higher on the hog here. They like to forget they are in Mexico as often as possible. Those of us who chose to have a Mexican adventure and were not enamored of the American culture and lifestyle as it had devolved are happy to be in a Mexican neighborhood with a sprinkling of foreigners. Every place I have lived in Chapala and San Antonio Tlayacapan since moving here has been like that. It is my preference.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:12 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:To me, a "Mexican neighborhood" is one not so saturated with foreigners that it takes on the look and feel of being NOB. Life has not been twisted out of shape to accommodate the demands of the entitled. That may be appealing for those people who don't really want to be in Mexico but can't afford a decent (or any) lifestyle NOB or can live much higher on the hog here. They like to forget they are in Mexico as often as possible. Those of us who chose to have a Mexican adventure and were not enamored of the American culture and lifestyle as it had devolved are happy to be in a Mexican neighborhood with a sprinkling of foreigners. Every place I have lived in Chapala and San Antonio Tlayacapan since moving here has been like that. It is my preference.

Spot on.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:15 pm

Me&BearDog wrote:
lunateak wrote:As Lady Otter Latte doesn't read your posts let me answer.
You are just plain wrong as she doesn't live in Ajijic. She still lives in a Mexican neighborhood in another part of Chapala.

It's a shame she doesn't read them.

I just love getting under her skin....

So I guess she can only dish out criticism, but to much of a snowflake to take any criticism. I get it now....
Oh well I'll keep trying..........

AND.......... Dead Horse

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:15 pm

[quote="lunateak"]M&BD - So you have no idea who you're talking about living on Gringo Road and can't name one place that is 95% gringo.
Just adds to you lack of credibility.[/quote]

Too funny!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next