INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poutine anyone, eh?

+12
Bill Phillips
Zedinmexico
slainte39
Flamingo
Lady Otter Latté
Canada_Mike
ferret
CanuckBob
brigitte
WillieRae
mapleleaf
RVGRINGO
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Poutine anyone, eh? - Page 3 Empty Re: Poutine anyone, eh?

Post by ferret Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:37 am

Trailrunner wrote:No surprise, fast food emporiums are not known for healthy eating. Just look at the bodies of Americans these days. . .an epidemic of obesity and diabetes. Wonder why??? not

Hawaiians love french fires and gravy too and it's on all the local food menus. Hawaiians also suffer from morbid obesity. The city and county runs a special "ambulance" for these people, it's a flat bed truck. Fork lifts are used to load them. Wanna be like that?

You are what you eat. Eat fat, be fat.

I disagree...and so does this article.
This depends completely on the context. A diet that is high in carbs AND fat will make you fat, but it’s NOT because of the fat.

In fact, the studies consistently show that diets that are high in fat (but low in carbs) lead to much more weight loss than diets that are low in fat (114, 115, 116).
https://authoritynutrition.com/top-13-nutrition-lies-that-made-the-world-sick-and-fat/

But then what's poutine without the fries.
I also think that sugar substitutes are not all they're cracked up to be and can lead to metabolic disorders like diabetes. I've lost weight since I stopped drinking diet coke.
And I also lost a ton of weight in my thirties by eating high fat/low carb...used to order a small pizza and just eat the toppings and cheese and ate peanut butter by the spoonful and cheddar cheese by the pound.

ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Poutine anyone, eh? - Page 3 Empty Re: Poutine anyone, eh?

Post by Riverman Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:01 pm

Sounds almost like the "Paleo" diet, very popular, low carbs, high protien, no wheat, no sugars.
Hmm, might have to substitute yam fries in Poutine, yum, yum.

Riverman

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3