INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please bring your country's flag with you to the rally this Saturday, Jan. 21, at 2pm in the Ajijic Plaza

+5
Lady Otter Latté
espíritu del lago
CanuckBob
suegarn
simpsca
9 posters

Go down

Please bring your country's flag with you to the rally this Saturday, Jan. 21, at 2pm in the Ajijic Plaza Empty Please bring your country's flag with you to the rally this Saturday, Jan. 21, at 2pm in the Ajijic Plaza

Post by simpsca Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:45 am

Please bring your national flag with you including US, Canadian, Mexican, or any other nationality to the rally this Saturday, Jan. 21 at 2pm at the Ajijic Plaza and a show of solidarity with all countries.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Please bring your country's flag with you to the rally this Saturday, Jan. 21, at 2pm in the Ajijic Plaza Empty Re: Please bring your country's flag with you to the rally this Saturday, Jan. 21, at 2pm in the Ajijic Plaza

Post by suegarn Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:02 am

simpsca wrote:Please bring your national flag with you including US, Canadian, Mexican, or any other nationality to the rally this Saturday, Jan. 21 at 2pm at the Ajijic Plaza and a show of solidarity with all countries.

I thought that you could get in trouble, maybe even lose your immigration status if you participate in a political rally if you're not a Mexican citizen. Is this true?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Please bring your country's flag with you to the rally this Saturday, Jan. 21, at 2pm in the Ajijic Plaza Empty Re: Please bring your country's flag with you to the rally this Saturday, Jan. 21, at 2pm in the Ajijic Plaza

Post by simpsca Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:07 am

No we have a permit from the delgado in Ajijic who will be providing security and medical support.

It is not permitted to get involved in Mexican politics if you are a foreigner.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:17 am

While I think this rally is important for US citizens I think Mexican citizens should clean up their own political house first before worrying about their neighbor. Their government is a joke.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:03 pm

What out Bob! They'll be calling you Coons 2.0!

Lololol
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:16 pm

I don't disagree with him about the government here, I just don't worry about it, go on and on about it, or think I can do anything about it.......jaja.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:41 pm

I would agree with CBob if who the president of the U.S. is and what he plans to do would have no impact on Mexico and its citizens. flag waver
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:54 pm

If you ask most Mexicans they will tell you their current president and administration is just as bad as what is coming in the US. Some would say even worse.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:34 pm

CanuckBob wrote:If you ask most Mexicans they will tell you their current president and administration is just as bad as what is coming in the US. Some would say even worse.

That still does not mean that who the president of the U.S. is does not impact Mexico and that Mexicans need not be concerned about what he does.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:41 pm

They should be concerned just like I am concerned with what that new admin may do to Canada but I wonder what they would think if Americans (within the US) started protesting against the Mexican government. I have an idea what they would say........ Twisted Evil

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:49 pm

It is my understanding that the rally is to show support for human rights. Interesting (and quite sad) that supporting human rights is now seen as protesting the U.S. government.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:It is my understanding that the rally is to show support for human rights. Interesting (and quite sad) that supporting human rights is now seen as protesting the U.S. government.

Amen Sister!

Anyone know where I can buy a small American flag?
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:07 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:It is my understanding that the rally is to show support for human rights. Interesting (and quite sad) that supporting human rights is now seen as protesting the U.S. government.

That is correct Lady Otter!

Flamingo - print one on your printer and glue it to a stick:) Canadians seem to have flags. Whenever we run into a Canadian who has seen one of our posters they say they will be their with their flag!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Ain't that the truth!

I can't decide what I think about this protest/march and I can't decide if I want to participate or not. I don't think I do.  I'm an old hippie who protested and marched and resisted back in the day and if I was still living in the US I would be camped out screaming and yelling all over again. But here? It doesn't feel appropriate. It's probably just me and it doesn't have anything to do with the foreigner being involved in politics thing at all.

I believe that it may start out to be a march for human rights but I'm fairly certain a Trump piñata or a Trump sign or two will surely show up and the whole thing will then look political and maybe ugly.

And now we're to bring a flag. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:19 pm

This was originally all over Facebook as a march against the new US administration. I think they have now "rebranded it" because of the same sentiments I just expressed. Now they are calling it a "human rights" march.

Let me know what they are chanting............. Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:45 pm

I guess it already was "rebranded" by the time I heard about it.

Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sallys other sister Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:47 pm

CanuckBob wrote:While I think this rally is important for US citizens I think Mexican citizens should clean up their own political house first before worrying about their neighbor. Their government is a joke.
What Bob said has truth to it.
sallys other sister
sallys other sister
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:04 pm

It was not re-branded. One of the original steering committee members who is no longer with us wanted that language and orientation. I removed all the "we're against" language from all posters and news articles and the steering committee is in agreement with me. We do not want Trump pinatas, or anything negative in posters. Will someone try it - probably.

I am also of the aged hippie generation and never thought I would have to stand up for freedom, and civil rights and go to rallies again - and we do support those rights for all countries. It is not a re-branding it was a change in management:)
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Thank you for clarifying that, Simpsca.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:17 pm

This old hippie joins in, too. Change of words and/or management makes no difference. We all know what this is really about, and I note that Trump pinatas are for sale on the West end of Ajijic. This could easily turn into a (pick one) a stamash, a kerfuffle or a mess. Hopefully not.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:26 pm

I agree with you, Gringal.

I went to buy one of those piñatas the other day and they were sold out. They are 300 pesos and more are on the way. I want to hang one in my cochera for the inauguration and let the kids have at it.

I asked the lady who was buying the piñatas and she said first, Canadians, second, Americans, third, Mexicans.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:38 pm

gringal wrote:This old hippie joins in, too. Change of words and/or management makes no difference. We all know what this is really about, and I note that Trump pinatas are for sale on the West end of Ajijic.  This could easily turn into a (pick one) a stamash, a kerfuffle or a mess.  Hopefully not.

I agree with gringal.  If this really is a march for human rights, why that particular date?  Why didn't they have it on Martin Luther King day? It just happens to be falling at the time of the Presidential Inauguration.  Coincidence?......I think not!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:54 pm

We all know what this is about. I'm told it was even deleted from TOB (as we know who MC and his cronies support). Anyhow, before this gets all political I am locking it down as I think everyone has made their point and the message to bring your flag has gotten out.

Maybe we should send the march past MC's house?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down