INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article about water/sewer conditions in Mexico City

4 posters

Go down

Article about water/sewer conditions in Mexico City Empty Article about water/sewer conditions in Mexico City

Post by gringal Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:15 am

Came in my email today: Scary

Mexico City, Parched and Sinking, Faces a Water Crisis - The New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/02/17/world/americas/mexico-city-sinking.html?emc=edit_th_20170219&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=56957233

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Article about water/sewer conditions in Mexico City Empty Re: Article about water/sewer conditions in Mexico City

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:18 am

Worth reading.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Article about water/sewer conditions in Mexico City Empty Re: Article about water/sewer conditions in Mexico City

Post by RichD Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:32 am

RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro malo Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:59 am

We have a simular situation in Joco with the sinking. Also a result of depleting the water table beneath us. There are parts of town where homes are spit in two and the streets have become deformed. My house suddenly developed some nasty wall cracks after being fine for 9 years. Scary. I always remind my Mexican family to be conscious of water use and to be as conservative as possible. I think for the most part they think I'm being a "gringo codo" with the water. I learned to take a "Mexican shower" back when I met my wife in Zihuatanejo. Out of a 5 gallon bucket. It was a Zen experience for me because up to that time, you just turn on the faucets and let 55 gallons run down the drain without thinking about it. Had to plan a strategy to bath out of a bucket. Suddenly becoming conscious and present with the act of bathing for the first time in my life. I have it down to a science now and am proud to say I can fully bath using only 2 gallons of water! Of course back home in Washington I still splurge on occasion allowing the hot water just run over me. I rationalize it by thinking water is one thing we have plenty of here in Western Washington. I know, I know, this was all more than you needed to know!

pedro malo

Humor : Dark

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:03 pm

pedro malo wrote:I can fully bath using only 2 gallons of water!

The reason for the malo, eh?
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro malo Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:11 pm

LOL! Touche on me RichD!

pedro malo

Humor : Dark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down