INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will The Electronic Ban Change Your Travel Plans

+7
suegarn
lakeside7
Trailrunner
MexicoPete
Seymour Sam
sm1mex
espĂ­ritu del lago
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will The Electronic Ban Change Your Travel Plans - Page 2 Empty Re: Will The Electronic Ban Change Your Travel Plans

Post by REC Mon May 15, 2017 6:29 pm

The hard drive is actually a pretty inexpensive component compared to everything that is needed to make a computer a computer - monitor/screen, motherboard, wifi card, memory, keyboard, power supply, cooling fan, etc., etc., etc. And batteries are fairly expensive and not something we want to just throw away so they wind up in a landfill.

And CBob - I agree that you can configure your Outlook emails on another computer or use a web version to access your emails. But I have more than 15 email accounts for different projects and clients as well as a personal gmail account.

Some of the ideas about renting something as several have suggested wouldn't work for most business users. It definitely would work for me. But it could work for some people. Just my perspective.

REC

Back to top Go down

Will The Electronic Ban Change Your Travel Plans - Page 2 Empty Re: Will The Electronic Ban Change Your Travel Plans

Post by Seymour Sam Mon May 15, 2017 6:30 pm

Based on the breaking news, just out, this ban could begin as early as tomorrow.

Seymour Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Seymour Sam Mon May 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Based on the breaking news, just out, this ban could begin as early as tomorrow. Very concerning.

Seymour Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 15, 2017 6:32 pm

Ban from where to where?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Seymour Sam Mon May 15, 2017 6:36 pm

Watch the news...from Europe and of course, "elsewhere". Turn on CNN or one of the other news channels. Twit has done it again...

Seymour Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Well I'm actually at GDL awaiting a flight to MEX so not near any TVs. Is this to include all airlines and countries? IE. Mexico to Canada and vice versa?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Seymour Sam Mon May 15, 2017 7:13 pm

That hasn't come out .... based on the fact that twit ALLEGEDLY gave classified info to the Russians ... the foreign minister and the ambassador known to be a spy... laptops "are the most clear and present danger" to us, and talking heads are saying the ban is possible...SOON.

Seymour Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Wed May 17, 2017 9:30 am

And what about the person who takes their laptop/tablet from say Mexico, or the reverse, and while he/she is in the other country, the ban in put in place?

So you have to leave your laptop/tablet there? Ship it back at a very high cost?

Will there be advance notice?

My plan would be to back up everything on a 500 or 1T portable unit and carry it w/me. Back up everything just before going to the airport least you learn of the ban at the security line. Probably be someone there offering to buy your laptop for $25.00.

Then there are always these real cheap, almost throwaway, units.

And how long will it be before airlines offer to rent you a laptop for $25. - $100 per flight? Think I'm kidding? The airlines are making BILLIONS in net profits due to their added fees.

I love the idea of "Delta Comfort" seats. So if you don't get a "Comfort" seat, you get "Delta Uncomfortable??

EOS
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Thu May 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Confirmed. Now not happening ..bbc news.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2