INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maid/Gardener services

+2
ferret
CanuckBob
6 posters

Go down

Maid/Gardener services Empty Maid/Gardener services

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:01 am

Are there any maid/gardener services around the lake like "Molly Maid" whereas you pay them for the services so they are the employer not you?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Maid/Gardener services Empty Re: Maid/Gardener services

Post by ferret Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:17 am

Spring Clean is for household cleaning. I love them! They arrive with their own equipment and cleaning products. The company employs the cleaners and they take care of all IMSS, paid holidays, vacation pay and aguinaldos...because of that you are paying a slight premium. On the other hand, if someone is sick they just send someone else to take their place. No worries.
Leticia and her husband own the company. Leticia speaks excellent English and will give you a quote in advance of using their services. Phone 765-2953.
I do not know if there is a similar service for gardeners.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:36 pm

Perfect. That is definitely the way to go. If there isn't one for landscaping and pool maintenance there should be.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Hell .... I`ll clean yer pool..... lets see.... $100 pesos and U supply the Beer....

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:23 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Perfect. That is definitely the way to go. If there isn't one for landscaping and pool maintenance there should be.

A friend of ours has the same company taking care of his extensive grounds. Their place looks beautiful. I don't know about pool maintenance since we don't have a pool.

As the PP said, it's a hassle free way to go. We've used them for four years now for house cleaning on a regular schedule. It's also nice that they bring their own cleaning supplies. If we're not satisfied with something, the jefa (Letitia) is the "complaint dept." and she works it out with the cleaners.

They also have the "grand post construction cleanup" package which includes window washing when you need it. We've used that, too.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:07 pm

Yep the last thing I would want is employees that I have to be responsible for. I am giving up 20 years of that headache when we come down.

Except of course for you Hocks...........Jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:18 am

CanuckBob wrote:Yep the last thing I would want is employees that I have to be responsible for. I am giving up 20 years of that headache when we come down.

Except of course for you Hocks...........Jaja.

I’m actually thinking of asking our maid (66yrs, absolutely the best) to considering taking on such a position like this. Things are changing and with the pro-labour laws here so in favour of employees, whether they are good or bad, there needs to be protections for both employer and employee. Plus she’s always looking for work for people she feels would do the job and not damage her credibility.

The laws require 3 months & 20 days per-year (or about 1/3 a year’s salary, if they don’t quit) retirement benefit. Since many don’t pay IVA tax (16% of earnings) they may (?) not push the issue but things are changing.

We have friends (?) that don’t pay appropriately for legal holidays but the employee is happy to have double-pay and never complains. Yes they’re many grey areas concerning part-time employees but others are very specific. Too many people play ignorant to save such a pittance. Actually it embarrasses me.

P.S. Your picture belies your work experienc?

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:09 am

I'd think that the jefa job would be a real headache, re insurance, bonding, benefits, etc., but a well organized person might have a profitable result. I'm sure the Spring Clean family is doing well.

As I've learned from experience in a former life, it is one thing to know how to do something well and quite another to run even a small company with employees and everything that comes with that. This is especially true when the labor laws are so biased in favor of the worker.

My advice to anyone anticipating hiring a permanent maid, either full time or part time, is to learn about those benefits. The maternity benefits, in particular, might be a shocker, along with the termination pay. Plus, it's really hard to find "just cause" to terminate a slacker.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:20 am

It ¡s not really that hard to terminate a slacker. Three written warnings, in Spanish, have them sign, as well as yourself, and they are gone, with cause. No finiquito necessary.

Have done this more than a few times.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down