INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Authentic Indian food now at food court in Centro Laguna plaza

+23
gringal
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
JayBear
shirley
kiko
coffeeguy
Rosa Venus
DaveP
beentheredonethat
brigitte
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
lunateak
borderreiver
David
suegarn
windrider17
Mrs. Rupert
Carry Bean
Wide Sky
ferret
Kiwifruit
27 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Authentic Indian food now at food court in Centro Laguna plaza - Page 2 Empty Re: Authentic Indian food now at food court in Centro Laguna plaza

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:29 am

". . .copious amounts of butter and cream. . ." Shall we make an appt for a cardiac workup/checkup now, or wait until you have an event? 3pm next Friday, ok? Do you smoke too?

Thumbs up

Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Authentic Indian food now at food court in Centro Laguna plaza - Page 2 Empty Re: Authentic Indian food now at food court in Centro Laguna plaza

Post by brigitte Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:10 am

they do not use regular butter but clarified butter.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by beentheredonethat Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:19 am

Do they have take out?

beentheredonethat

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:10 pm

brigitte wrote:they do not use regular butter but clarified butter.

Ghee (pronounced GEE with a hard G) is the pure butterfat left over after the milk solids and water are removed from butter. It's used widely in Indian cooking, and the word ghee is the Hindi word for fat.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:24 pm

beentheredonethat wrote:Do they have take out?

Since they serve your food in a compartmentalized styrofoam container, it looks like it's already "ready to go". Just close the lid and up up and away with it!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Trailrunner wrote:". . .copious amounts of butter and cream. . ." Shall we make an appt for a cardiac workup/checkup now, or wait until you have an event? 3pm next Friday, ok? Do you smoke too?

Thumbs up

Who me...........?????

Smokealot

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:25 pm

Don't know how it compares, but Avocado Club also has Butter Chicken on the menu.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeeguy Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:47 pm

Here's a classic recipe for Butter Chicken from my favorite India cookbook author, Julie Sahni:

https://www.spiceroots.com/butter-chicken/

Only a stick-and-a-half of butter Trailrunner, so Bob's got nothin' to worry about. Very Happy

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:11 pm

lolol
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:14 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:". . .copious amounts of butter and cream. . ." Shall we make an appt for a cardiac workup/checkup now, or wait until you have an event? 3pm next Friday, ok? Do you smoke too?

Thumbs up

Who me...........?????

Smokealot

Booked. See you then.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:42 pm

I expected a real Indian meal-  this is fast food and not what I had expected.  So, I learned a lesson.  First time eating at the food court, and the last.  The naan was horrible- fried in oil- no ghee, and the beef curry was just passable.  Basmati rice was fine.

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:36 pm

it is possible but a little difficult to screw up rice..not difficult to clarify butter... thanks for the warning..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:23 pm

Mrs. Rupert wrote:I expected a real Indian meal-  this is fast food and not what I had expected.  So, I learned a lesson.  First time eating at the food court, and the last.  The naan was horrible- fried in oil- no ghee, and the beef curry was just passable.  Basmati rice was fine.

I read somewhere that they are the operators of an Indian restaurant in GDL,  Goa, that is a sit down inside restaurant that would possibly have what you are looking for. So many diverse facets to Indian cuisine. Maybe they are testing the water to see if something better could survive here....a  baby step.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:34 pm

CanuckBob wrote:When I make butter chicken it has copious amounts of butter

Is it salted or unsalted?.....Inquiring minds on TOB want to know.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:49 pm

Slainte, you read about it being operated by Goa right here in my previous post on this thread. :)

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:49 am

Carry Bean wrote:Slainte, you read about it being operated by Goa right here in my previous post on this thread.  :)

Thank you, you are correct, with my memory I knew it wasn't too long ago. Lucky that I even remembered that much.
I think I have eaten at Goa, but I can't remember.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:55 am

Mrs. Rupert wrote:I expected a real Indian meal-  this is fast food and not what I had expected.  So, I learned a lesson.  First time eating at the food court, and the last.  The naan was horrible- fried in oil- no ghee, and the beef curry was just passable.  Basmati rice was fine.

A fast food court location and you expected a real Indian meal???? A real optimist, si?

It was much better than I expected it to be. I've had better naan, but it wasn't at all "horrible"; just not "great".
I liked the chicken dishes enough that when I'm in a hurry for lunch, I'll return.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:02 am

El Meraj Grill & Pak in Guadalajara has decent Indian/Pakistani food and is easy to get to just off of Lopez Mateo Sur and La Calma on Kepler. Sort of a hole in the wall joint but consistent quality of food and service.

Al_Meraj_Pak_Indian_Cuisine-Guadalajara_Metropolitan_Area.html
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:20 am

Salted butter and naan shouldn't be fried in anything. It is baked in a stone oven (or on the BBQ in my case).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:40 am

yes they stick to the wall of the oven..mm

It would be great to have food court like they do in Singapoor , an area to sit and eat outside with all kinds of stand with great food around.. that would great but food courts ala US always have poor food.. It sounds like this place could be somewhat of an improvement to the usual fare or is it?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:45 am

There's nothing wrong with it considering it is food court fare. Even the Chinese place there isn't all bad. In Vancouver they have Chinese/Indian fusion restaurants. Just think beef and broccoli with curries.......very good indeed.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:50 am

brigitte wrote:it is possible but a little difficult to screw up rice..not difficult to clarify butter... thanks for the warning..

Indians do not use clarified butter. They use Ghee which is similar but, whereas in Clarified butter one only removes the milk solids, for Ghee the residual water is also cooked off and when properly prepared requires no refrigeration provided it is in a sealed container
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:02 am

Thank you David P I lived with Pakistanis that were originally from India and Pakistani food is the first food I learned how to cook not French believe it or not.. chapati was our bread..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:07 am

A restaurant which didn't make it in one the Chinese malls in Vancouver "A Taste of Greece"!
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:14 am

I make butter chicken burritos with leftovers and have often wondered about doing other Indian/Mexican fusion's.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shirley Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:23 pm

Yum, breakfast taco with curry sauce from leftovers with scrambled eggs...so good!
shirley
shirley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next