INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting there

+5
Lady Otter Latté
Gamina
sm1mex
CanuckBob
Julz
9 posters

Go down

Getting there Empty Getting there

Post by Julz Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:34 pm

We are getting ready to make the move :) we are heading south from maine at the end of December. Bringing a dog, cat and a few belonging, probably in a rental with a small trailer. Looking to connect with a dependable individual, reasonable rate, able and willing to meet us at the border, on the U.S. , Texas side, to drive us down through mexico to Chapala.
Thanks in advance!

Julz

Back to top Go down

Getting there Empty Re: Getting there

Post by CanuckBob Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:53 pm

Call or email Alex Petersen.

333 577 7765

Apet.rapidpack(at)yahoo.com

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:52 pm

Be sure to have your recent paper work in order for your pets and also an inventory of belongings you are bringing, listed in Spanish. It has to be properly done and not just on a piece of paper. I think it is manaje de casa form, but I'm not sure I have the name of the form correct. someone needs to help out on this and advise the exact name of the form.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:15 pm

I don't believe that you can bring a rental car from the US into Mexico. Perhaps if you had a letter from the rental car company that it's OK with them to cross in their rental car. Someone else jump in here please.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Gamina wrote:I don't believe that you can bring a rental car from the US into Mexico.  Perhaps if you had a letter from the rental car company that it's OK with them to cross in their rental car.  Someone else jump in here please.

The OP says: “Looking to connect with a dependable individual, reasonable rate, able and willing to meet us at the border, on the U.S. , Texas side, to drive us down through mexico to Chapala.“
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:08 pm

How does a Mexican plated car, say Alex, mesh with a US plated trailer, with Aduana, would be my question.
Maybe rent a Mexican plated trailer on the Mexican side for the balance of the trip?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:03 am

You will not be able to bring a rental into Mexico...or rather, if you do find a rental company that will allow you to leave the country, the insurance costs would be rather prohibitive and you would have to drive it back or pay a drop off fee...all very expensive.
We looked at options for moving here every which way but lose and decided on buying a cargo trailer and an appropriate vehicle, driving down and then back up to Tuscon where we sold the trailer.  It worked well and we nationalized our vehicle at the same time.  But that's not the OPs question.  Julz, are you looking for someone to meet you at the border and just drive you down here?  Or someone to come up to Texas and walk you through customs and immigration process with you and your pets and then drive you here after you are cleared?
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:37 am

sm1mex wrote:Be sure to have your recent paper work in order for your pets and also an inventory of belongings you are bringing, listed in Spanish.  It has to be properly done and not just on a piece of paper.  I think it is manaje de casa form, but I'm not sure I have the name of the form correct.  someone needs to help out on this and advise the exact name of the form.

Yes, manaje de casa, list of household goods.  You are allowed one load of used goods without having to pay duty and taxes.  A list, in Spanish, with estimated value and everything with a cord needs a serial number.  We had our list, in Excel spreadsheet format (there is not an official "form") authorized and stamped at the Consulate in Canada.  They also prepared and attached a cover letter.  When we were asked for our manaje de casa at the border, the guy looked at the cover letter only and waved us through. We were very happy to be over-prepared.

Last edited by PoCo2012 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:44 am

I did a manaje de casa too, all on a spreadsheet and as said in Spanish and all electronics were listed with serial numbers etc. Boxes were all labeled.

The only thing I would add to the above post is, make sure all electronics and appliances are out of any boxes or packaging and are made to appear used. Then the prices of these items can be listed at 'garage sale' prices. Everything used, nothing new.

Same thing happened to me, I flurried all my paperwork at them when asked about my car full of boxes and they smiled and said 'pase'. Happiness all around.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:59 am

It's MENAJE. If it's only a few boxes just say, "articulos por me casa." You don't need a Menaje de Casa for a carload.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Julz Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:36 pm

our hope is to find someone with a vehicle/trailer from Mexico who can cross the border into Texas, probably Laredo, where we would transfer our belongings to their vehicle/trailer and we would all travel together across the border back to Chapala.
We have our Visa's set for the crossing and are working on our belongings list.
Julz

Julz

Back to top Go down

Post by Julz Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi everyone,
We're switching gears s bit and now are looking for someone that can drive up to the border to pick up just my husband and our dog. Thinking he'll drive a rental to Laredo and walk across.
Thoughts/recommendations?
Julz

Julz

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Contact Alex Peterson.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Julz Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Thanks , will try again, no response the first time.

Julz

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:30 pm

Use this email: rapidpackman@gmail.com
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Julz Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Thank you, and I stand corrected. We did hear back from Alex. We will check with him again with our new thoughts !!!!

Julz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum