INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really good Paella Valenciana outside El Torito tomorrow starting 10:30am

2 posters

Go down

Really good Paella Valenciana outside El Torito tomorrow starting 10:30am Empty Really good Paella Valenciana outside El Torito tomorrow starting 10:30am

Post by simpsca Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:03 pm

About two weeks ago I found a husband and wife team sellint paella Valenciana outside El Torito, measured in clear plastic take away containers. I don't remember the exact price - I think a little over 100 pesos for a good size container. This is the one with chicken and shrimp and it was fantastic. I gave them my card and asked them to email me when they are coming back - they are from Guadalajara.

So they just emailed me and said they will be there tomorrow:

By tomorrow at @10:30 AM we will be offering same product outside "Supermercado El Torito" (same place)
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Really good Paella Valenciana outside El Torito tomorrow starting 10:30am Empty Re: Really good Paella Valenciana outside El Torito tomorrow starting 10:30am

Post by simpsca Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:06 pm

This is today, Sat. - For those who are interested the half order - enough for two is 80 pesos and the big order - enough for 3 or 4 is 160 pesos.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Really good Paella Valenciana outside El Torito tomorrow starting 10:30am Empty Re: Really good Paella Valenciana outside El Torito tomorrow starting 10:30am

Post by ferret Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:18 pm

We thought we'd wait until 11 a.m. ...they actually arrived around 11:20. Looks divine. Will report back tomorrow because we'll be having it for dinner tonight.

The young lady (everybody looks young to me these days) said they will be there every two weeks. I asked if she could please send you an e-mail so that you could inform forum members on the day she intends to arrive and she said she would.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to be like the sourdough bread at the Tuesday Organic Market...all sold out in a very short time frame.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Yes, they did email me that they were arriving this morning at 10:30 - I think I got the email early yesterday and posted on all the chat groups that I belong to. I didn't realize it was later that they arrived because I had physical therapy until 11:30 then picked up a friend and went to get some paella. There was a line around 12 noon. My friend and I had half the large one for lunch and it was delicious. I'm sure they will email again as they were doing a bustling business. They do change days - last time it was a Sunday.

I haven't had paella this good since I lived in New Jersey near a Portugese community where you could get the most divine paella.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Absolutely perfect! Chicken, pork, mussels and shrimp in a beautifully seasoned saffron rice. The last time I had Paella this good was in Nerja, Spain in '92.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down