INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linux Mint mini box

3 posters

Go down

Linux Mint mini box Empty Linux Mint mini box

Post by CHILLIN Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:48 pm

Linux mint is releasing its new mini-box in June. Incredible power, in a small package, for $299 U.S. I am impressed!

"If you can wait a bit, you can also get Mint’s own mini-Linux system, the MintBox Mini 2, when it ships in June. I think you might like it. It will have a quad-core Apollo-Lake Intel Celeron J3455 with embedded Intel HD Graphics 500, 4GB of RAM, a 64GB SSD, HDMI graphics, a Mini DisplayPort, two USB 3.0 ports, audio and micro jacks, and a microSD slot. All right, I see that you’re hard to impress, but this all comes in a box that’s about the size of a coffee cup. And it’s silent. No fans or movable parts. None.

Did I mention that it will cost $299?

All of a sudden, giving Linux a try is sounding easy, cheap and pain-free, isn’t it?

Listen, the real reason people don’t switch to Linux is that they fear change. Be brave. Give Linux a try. You just might find you like it.

I know I do."
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Linux Mint mini box Empty Re: Linux Mint mini box

Post by RickS Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:39 am

Well, I don’t ‘fear change’ as I was an agent of change all my life, but.....

Why would/should an old guy/gal subject themselves to a new operating system that would include a learning curve, have a new look and feel, NOT run some software programs at all that some of us must have (not even a look-alike) and put ourselves in a very small minority user-base to which we could look for assistance with any arising problems?

Otherwise, yes, it is an option.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:34 am

"All of a sudden, giving Linux a try is sounding easy, cheap and pain-free, isn’t it?"

It's a tad easier and freer than what you suggest. All one need do is download a "live" cd image, burn it to a CD or to a thumb drive, and boot into it. No cost, no pain.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down