INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cascada Natural El Tépalo & other waterfalls

2 posters

Go down

Cascada Natural El Tépalo & other waterfalls Empty Cascada Natural El Tépalo & other waterfalls

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:38 pm

Is it possible to drive up there? We have guests coming down, who are not hikers.

Are there other walk to waterfalls between Lake Chapala & Mazamiltla?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Cascada Natural El Tépalo & other waterfalls Empty Re: Cascada Natural El Tépalo & other waterfalls

Post by simpsca Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:35 pm

Due to the rains there are waterfalls in San Juan Cosala. You can see them from my roof deck. If you are a hiker/climber you can get to them, but I don't know of any area where you can walk to one here. Mazamitla there is a beautiful waterfall just outside of town. Don't remember how to get there but someone in town will know. You can walk to that one.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Cascada Natural El Tépalo & other waterfalls Empty Re: Cascada Natural El Tépalo & other waterfalls

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 pm

I know of this one in Mazamitla.
http://www.cabanasenmazamitla.com/cascada_el_salto.html

About 7 years ago hubby and I rode our mountain bikes around Mazamitla, walked to a waterfall inside a "subdivision" I think this may be the same one but I'm not sure. Did't know if there were more or if the water falls above Ajijic could be gotten to by vehicle?

Wow! You can see waterfalls from your house simpsca? Take a picture and post it!!! From El Grullo, there's also an amazing waterfall that can be seen during the rainy season. Breathtaking.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Yes, that is the waterfall in Mazamitla - I don't know of another one up there.

In San Juan Cosala we are very close to the mountains on the north side of the road and there are quite a few cliffs with waterfalls after a good rain through out the rainy season. I'll check tomorrow morning and see if I can get a close enough shot with my camera zoom lens. You can see them with the naked eye but I use binoculars to get a good view. And no there is no road up there - very steep sheer cliffs.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down