INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great article for potential newcomers to Mexico

+14
Rosa Venus
Trailrunner
doc holiday
Carry Bean
Nicksco
Lady Otter Latté
CHILLIN
alisunsmom
gringal
brigitte
Gamina
twelveoaks
SunshineyDay
CanuckBob
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Great article for potential newcomers to Mexico - Page 2 Empty Re: Great article for potential newcomers to Mexico

Post by doc holiday Sat May 19, 2018 6:47 pm

The article somewhat pissed me off. It no way reflects my experiences in Mexico. I have lived here 21 years. I love Mexico and the Mexican people.

The writer must live in the center of a pristine corn field in central Iowa-

In 2010 I went back to the town where I grew up in the States. It was a very depressing experience. Stores were closed. Five factories or manufacturing plants had closed or left town. The lñargest business was medicaid, welfare and food stamps. Those few remaining THAT WORKED FACED BIG TAXES.

I will never return there nor could I ever live in the States again. It is a world apart from when I grew up.

Those who say they are going back for health care must be loaded with money.....not realistic.

Glad the writer left and does not live here.

Just go to some of the sanctuary cities if you want to see gloom, despair and misery. Trash and people living on the street would shock most of us living in Mexico for any time.

Nuff said............love where I am.......right here in Mexico

doc holiday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Great article for potential newcomers to Mexico - Page 2 Empty Re: Great article for potential newcomers to Mexico

Post by Trailrunner Sat May 19, 2018 7:19 pm

I know the twelve oaks, they are nice people and they're going back to a beautiful part of CA.

Happy trails.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sat May 19, 2018 7:46 pm

For now! I bet it has changed alot since the last time they were there. Just Sayin.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun May 20, 2018 12:31 am

Thanks for the link to the article. Well-written and accurate in my opinion. Would serve well as Chapter One of a primer for the "Should I move there or not?" people.

Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 20, 2018 2:21 am

Trailrunner wrote:I know the twelve oaks, they are nice people and they're going back to a beautiful  part of CA.

Happy trails.

They may be, but I don't think they ever even had a scintilla of approval of Mexico.  People live in and love a lot of places that other people can't tolerate.
They should just move on and quit griping, because those that are happy here......DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Sun May 20, 2018 8:28 am

Having spent an inordinate number of years in places where the rich and famous do not travel, I have found that those who adapt readily to local conditions have three qualities... a sense of humor, flexibility and a sense of adventure...

Those who have not lived abroad previously are always due for a small shock. As I have told many a newcomer... "In the morning when you take your shower there is water, It will be a good day... If the water is hot it will be a great day"...

Mexico is a great place to live but as they say: "It isn't for everyone"...

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Sun May 20, 2018 8:48 pm

No pristine corn fields in Iowa anymore - just a toxic load of pesticides, synthetic nitrites on GMO corn, headaches/numbness & tingling just driving thru. AND they drink from that water table. How about stench of urine, needles littering streets of San Francisco.. OR the 58,000 homeless in LA county. murder rates in Chicago, Baltimore, D.C? need I go on? Inner city violence off the charts & rural america taken Walmart years ago. Last best places gone, only illusion left. Having traveled to 3rd world countries for 40 years, any grumbles I have here now - srsly. Take another look & become a better human being. Life-long principles of no whining & no victim stuff still hold true!

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gobluejohn Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 am

we came down to Ajijic 9 years ago for the month of April. It took two weeks for us to decide this is where we want to be. Have lived in the same house for 8 years now, and will never move. We can now afford to move back to the states, but NEVER in a million years would we. This is our home and adopted country, and we love it.
gobluejohn
gobluejohn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by doc holiday Mon May 21, 2018 11:05 am

Well said and it reflects the experiences and feelings of those of us that survive in this beautiful country.

What did you think of the original article and what were your feelings after you read it?

doc holiday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon May 21, 2018 11:34 am

gobluejohn wrote:we came down to Ajijic 9 years ago for the month of April.  It took two weeks for us to decide this is where we want to be.  Have lived in the same house for 8 years now, and will never move.  We can now afford to move back to the states, but NEVER in a million years would we.  This is our home and adopted country, and we love it.  

My sentiments as well. Been in Mexico 14 years now; 10 in Ajijic. I'll be glad when the heat recedes, but have lived in way hotter places....so no complaints.
flag waver

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 am

gringal wrote:
gobluejohn wrote:we came down to Ajijic 9 years ago for the month of April.  It took two weeks for us to decide this is where we want to be.  Have lived in the same house for 8 years now, and will never move.  We can now afford to move back to the states, but NEVER in a million years would we.  This is our home and adopted country, and we love it.  

My sentiments as well.  Been in Mexico 14 years now; 10 in Ajijic.  I'll be glad when the heat recedes, but have lived in way hotter places....so no complaints.
flag waver

It would appear that "twelve oaks" has large audience of people wearing "rose colored glasses" that need educating (as to how they previously, would not live).   lol!

As they said, it's not a winnable argument, so quit complaining to deaf ears and just get the hell out of town.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon May 21, 2018 11:55 am

It is hard for me to understand why anyone would move to any foreign country without having spent time there first, and would believe a travel magazine instead. But....people "invest" in Bitcoin, too.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon May 21, 2018 12:36 pm

No shame in finding whatever suits you and realizing this isn’t it. It’s just a shame that insinuating others that don’t feel the same are somehow unenlightened or too broke to live elsewhere.
That’s what I don’t understand and that’s a prevalent attitude not just with twelve oaks. I see it all the time. When I left the Virgin Islands or when I left Sint Maarten, I didn’t make snide cracks about the people who stayed. Didn’t occur to me. It was just time for me to move on. I came here because I wanted one more adventure. Did cost of living enter into it? Sure, it did but that was waaaay down on the list. So good luck to those going elsewhere. Hope you’re as happy and satisfied there as we are here.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon May 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Nice post, Carry Bean. Agree.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2