INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Mechanic Experience

2 posters

Go down

Great Mechanic Experience Empty Great Mechanic Experience

Post by jschl453 Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi:

Having driven a newly purchased used car from the States down here (purchased mainly for the low mileage), I quickly realized I had a major alignment problem. By the time I got here, I needed two new tires badly. I was given the name of Salvador at Veloz Automotive in Jocotepec.
Just want to rave about this man. He quickly saw I had more than the normal realignment problem. Said the car had hit something prior to my owning it and was covered up by the guy putting two new tires. So, he got me two new tires at prices beating Costco. Then the bad news, said I would probably have to have a new strut and new control arm installed and then realigned for cost of $6,000 pesos. Took it in and Salvador worked on it and was able to repair the strut and control arm without putting on new. Total cost for the repair was $1,650 pesos.

He is well worth the trip to Jocotepec. You go through Joco to main road heading toward Guad. Take a right onto the main road and he is on immediate left -- Veloz Automotive. I highly recommend the honesty and quality of work of this man. His number is: 01-387-763-2322.

jschl453

Back to top Go down

Great Mechanic Experience Empty Re: Great Mechanic Experience

Post by hockables Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:53 pm

No sense fix'n the front end.... snork

Those damned TOPES down there are a menace to poor drivers speeding by.... I hit one ... and I swear... all four tires took to the air.... I'm not sure why... but as I'm flying thru the air... I'm look'n at the rear view mirror.... Guy in a Van directly behind me cracked into it as well.... poor dumb ba#*#d wuz following me.... harharhar

Never saw a mechanic though... I just dropped er off and flipped the keys to the Hertz Guy

Last edited by hockables on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : reread previous post with understanding ... so I modified my little story to suit)
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jschl453 Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:19 pm

Did the same thing with a very lousy Dollar rental car from PV my first time here. Almost put my lady friend through the roof with the first tope experience-- what was that???

Am EX says Dollar and Thrifty are worst here in terms of how they try to rip you off for damages you did not commit.

jschl453

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down