INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaw Direct installer/provider in area

+9
CanuckBob
N2Futur
martygraw
Nicksco
Kiri
MexicoPete
beener
slainte39
joskel
13 posters

Go down

Shaw Direct installer/provider in area Empty Shaw Direct installer/provider in area

Post by joskel Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:50 am

One used to be able to get Shaw Direct satellite through a company on the lake. Sadly I do not recall the name of the company. Is such service still available? How do I contact them to get Canadian satellite service set up? TIA.

joskel

Back to top Go down

Shaw Direct installer/provider in area Empty Re: Shaw Direct installer/provider in area

Post by slainte39 Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Ajijic Electronics....Michael Merryman
Las Flores No. 2-A, Ajijic, Jalisco
Tele....766-1117 or 766-3371

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shaw Direct installer/provider in area Empty Re: Shaw Direct installer/provider in area

Post by beener Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:03 pm

]One used to be able to get Shaw Direct satellite through a company on the lake. Sadly I do not recall the name of the company. Is such service still available? How do I contact them to get Canadian satellite service set up? TIA.
]Mels Restaurant, Ask for Francine

beener

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:56 pm

I looked up the word, Satellite, in the local phonebook and you have quite a few options.

The company I know best is "Ajijic Electronics" at 766-1117.

I first used them when I purchased my house in 1997 for C band. I am pretty sure they can help you with your Shaw Direct problem.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:01 pm

I have Shaw, but an Android TV box is much better and a LOT LESS expensive. Even with my pathetic 1.7 Mbps.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:20 pm

Some people do not like to stream internet especially when you have to have a good VPN which often slows your internet speed down which is slow already.

I have fast enough internet to stream if I do not use a VPN. But that limits the number of the north of the border stations I can watch (stream)
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicksco Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:57 pm

Mike Merryman is still installing Shaw I see him 2 or 3 times a week at the Smoke House at lunch time!
Nicksco
Nicksco

Humor : good

http://nicksco1@msn.com

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:29 am

MexicoPete wrote:Some people do not like to stream internet especially when you have to have a good VPN which often slows your internet speed down which is slow already.

I have fast enough internet to stream if I do not use a VPN. But that limits the number of the north of the border stations I can watch (stream)

Pete do you know if Rod is still supplying internet in the Jocotepec area?
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by N2Futur Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:26 pm

HELP! We received a notice from our third party provider stating we need to upgrade our LNB's by January 21 or Shaw will cut us off. Our receivers are up to date (600 series). CP Electronics does not offer the new tripple LNB's. Have not received a reply back from Mike Merryman regarding availability. We are in Melaque.
N2Futur
N2Futur

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:55 pm

Read this link and it will tell you how to check your LNB to see if it needs to be upgraded or not (you basically go to channel 988). Apparently any dishes bought after 2012 don't need an LNB upgrade.

https://www.shawdirect.ca/english/support/article/8434/

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:23 pm

What I read is I need to upgrade my dish IF I want access to the 3rd sat and 100 new HD channels. I dont see a notification concerning discontinuing service.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:23 pm

Mine says "All ready to receive new channels". You may lose a lot of channels unless you upgrade.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:28 pm

or not?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:32 pm

Remember that the newer satellite, Anik G-1 can not be received this far south. In fact it was suggested that one might need a 2.4 meter satellite dish to be able to receive the signal as far south of Canada as San Francisco, Cal.

What Shaw is doing now is increasing the compression mode from a believe Mpeg-2 to Mpeg-4. That way, each signal will need less bandwidth and the number of channels that can be carried on one satellite would increase. Mpeg 4 signals can only be received on the newer 600 and 800 series receivers. That is why we needed to upgrade

Right now there are three satellites, Anik F1R and An F2 which launched in about 2004 and 2005 and Anik G-1 which is  much newer and was launched in 2013.

Now with the average life of a satellite of the type used by such carriers as Shaw Direct of about 15 years. Shaw Direct by no longer broadcasting in both standard and HD, and only going to HD which now will be in Mpeg-4, they hope to use only one satellite, the newer one, to carry all of the channels.  And when that happens we will no longer be able to receive the signal this far south.

When is that going to happen? I am guessing before 2020. Let's hope that the information a received is off by a few years and that we get the signal for longer

Last edited by MexicoPete on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:35 pm

alot of alternatives.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:44 pm

I have been installing a system using firestick which has all the mainstream channels shaw has 1600 pesos. No monthly charges.
Installed scores over the past few months. All very happy.
Its not hd and no epg. But it works. Free demo.
Pm me.or look on face book gingos ajijic and beg borrow. Many recommendations.
Not kodi and very user friendly.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:41 pm

hickton wrote:I have been installing a system using firestick which has all the mainstream channels shaw has 1600 pesos. No monthly charges.
Installed scores over the past few months. All very happy.
Its not hd and no epg. But it works. Free demo.
Pm me.or look on face book gingos ajijic and beg borrow. Many recommendations.
Not kodi and very user friendly.
Hickton, might be contacting you this summer. Thinking of dumping Shaw. It has gotten too pricey.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:58 pm

Look forward to hearing from you.
Many if my customers have cancelled shaw, netfix and prime once they see my system.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:03 pm

I made a error I said Shaw is no longer transmitting in standard definition which it will begin or has perhaps already started eliminating and only continuing to broadcast the same station in HD at a higher compression rate.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:41 pm

hickton wrote:Look forward to hearing from you.
Many if my customers have cancelled shaw, netfix and prime once they see my system.

You have a lot of UK channels, don’t you? I love a lot of that programming.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:05 am

Yes carry bean. In total 240 channels appx 100u.s.. from abc to tsn sports and 100 uk, all bbc ,itv channels. Sky, sky sports.
The others are from italy, Spain, germany, holland, france.
Pm me for full channel lists.and other apps i can offer. I have adverised in the classified part of this board and more details are there.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by helohfe Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:59 am

Does the $1600 peso's include the Firestick?

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:33 am

Helohfe. Yes it does. Brand new with alexa.
Heres a link to one of my facebook pages.
https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql_permalink/?graphql_id=UzpfSTY0Mzc3MDY1NDpWSzoyMjE4MjM4OTMxNTc0MTI5
Also on gringos ajijic.
Ask for recommendations.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:22 am

I can now offer pbs channels from your state on demand.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down