INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoke House BBQ / Restaurant and Bar

+3
shana
slainte39
Bubba2shoes
7 posters

Go down

Smoke House BBQ / Restaurant and Bar  Empty Smoke House BBQ / Restaurant and Bar

Post by Bubba2shoes Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:51 am

One thing this South Alabama boy has missed over the years after  living in San Francisco for about 30 years and then retiring to Ajijic and San Cristobal de Las Casas some 18 years ago, has been a good Southern U.S. style pulled pork BBQ sandwich with a side of cole slaw.  Well, finally I have found what I consider to be a very good BBQ Poke Sammich just west of Six Corners in Ajijic and I commend them to the reader.  The restaurant is located just west of Rio Zula on the lake side of the Ajijic Jocotepec Carretera.  They have a varied  menu but I can only write of what we in the U.S. Deep South would call a BBQ since that is what I always order .  Since I live quite close to this place, I always get my sammiches to go and because of the authenticity of their  Deep South BBQs, I recommend them highly.  I am not saying these are the best BBQs I have ever eaten but the sandwiches they prepare are quite good and  the close equivalent of what I would have expected in really good BBQ joints in Tuscaloosa or Birmingham back when I was hanging around those towns and their BBQ joints in the 1950s and 60s.  As I wrote above, they have an extensive menu of steaks, ribs, hamburgers and other stuff which I am sure are quite good as well. but when it comes to good BBQ, I am set in my ways.  This is to what we South Alabama native  BBQ lovers would call damn good BBQ and let us not forget that they have a full liquor and beer selection for your sipping pleasure while you await your order.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Smoke House BBQ / Restaurant and Bar  Empty Re: Smoke House BBQ / Restaurant and Bar

Post by slainte39 Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Couldn't agree more, but I will.  The best around for their type of fare.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Smoke House BBQ / Restaurant and Bar  Empty Re: Smoke House BBQ / Restaurant and Bar

Post by shana Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:35 pm

Their hamburgers are the best around.  There are many variations available. price is very reasonable and they are large and luscious.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:51 pm

Amador is doing a good, steady job building his business. I just hope the recently expanded menu - vastly expanded - plus the addition of the side patio, doesn't push him off course.

I just want the BBQ to stay in business.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:39 pm

I share the desire to see this BBQ joint stay in business since the drive to Birmingham to satisfy my down home craving  for pulled pork BBQ sammiches is a bit out of my way and, anyway, I  have not been back to the states since 2003 and my BBQ sammich need is ongoing and compelling.  Fortunately, I have found some good BBQ in Highland Chiapas where I also live much  of the year but my months annually in Ajijic have, until now, been inadequately served.  Having read the above comment on their burgers and also having observed other patrons enjoying what appear to be  excellent burgers at Smoke House, I may have to relent and have one of their cheeseburgers on my next visit.  Rosa Venus mentions Amador and his efforts to build this business and I have also met Amador and wish him, and me as a patron for that matter, the best of luck.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:26 pm

Bubba2shoes wrote:I share the desire to see this BBQ joint stay in business since the drive to Birmingham to satisfy my down home craving  for pulled pork BBQ sammiches is a bit out of my way and, anyway, I  have not been back to the states since 2003 and my BBQ sammich need is ongoing and compelling.  Fortunately, I have found some good BBQ in Highland Chiapas where I also live much  of the year but my months annually in Ajijic have, until now, been inadequately served.  Having read the above comment on their burgers and also having observed other patrons enjoying what appear to be  excellent burgers at Smoke House, I may have to relent and have one of their cheeseburgers on my next visit.  Rosa Venus mentions Amador and his efforts to build this business and I have also met Amador and wish him, and me as a patron for that matter, the best of luck.

Ha ha Bubba, I always remember you telling us that Guadlajara airport was the only place in the world where could have a Burger King Whopper and a martini at the same time.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:04 pm

showing your age Chillin

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicksco Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:24 pm

Amador at the smokehouse is making Bacon, I just fried some it is good I like it!!!!!
Nicksco
Nicksco

Humor : good

http://nicksco1@msn.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicksco Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:41 pm

I had lunch at the Smokehouse today and they were out of Bacon Amador said that he will have more on the weekend of the 2nd & 3rd of Feb.
Nicksco
Nicksco

Humor : good

http://nicksco1@msn.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down