INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why cannabis works for some and not for others.

+2
WillieRae
ferret
6 posters

Go down

Why cannabis works for some and not for others. Empty Why cannabis works for some and not for others.

Post by ferret Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:01 pm

Still learning every day and I'm sure there's still a LOT more to learn. Every single one of us is unique. Never give up.

https://weedmaps.com/learn/cannabis-and-your-body/genes-influence-cannabis-response/?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20190125_B2C_Weekly_Newsletter

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Why cannabis works for some and not for others. Empty Re: Why cannabis works for some and not for others.

Post by WillieRae Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:38 am

Thx Ferret!

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Why cannabis works for some and not for others. Empty Re: Why cannabis works for some and not for others.

Post by gringal Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:49 am

Thanks, Ferret.  That explains why, many years ago, a friend offered me a joint of the "best stuff" and after a toke or two, I threw up violently.  She was fine. I never toked again.

As the years went by, I found that my reaction to prescription drugs was often listed in the "uncommon side effects" portion of the description. Alien ancestors? Shocked
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:31 pm

gringal wrote:Thanks, Ferret.  That explains why, many years ago, a friend offered me a joint of the "best stuff" and after a toke or two, I threw up violently.  She was fine. I never toked again.  

As the years went by, I found that my reaction to prescription drugs was often listed in the "uncommon side effects" portion of the description. Alien ancestors? Shocked
lol!

I have a friend that did exactly the same thing. She said she was never so sick before after one puff.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:47 pm

Let's be clear that medical marijuana is most likely not smoked but is either ingested or used in suppositories or used sublingually.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:10 pm

Exactly, we are not talking about weed. We are talking about medicine. And it works. Here is a short video by a physician/molecular biologist explaining how it works. Medically. Dra. Cristina Sanchez:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=duVF6665Hdk
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:39 pm

According to the article quoted, we are talking about it.

"So, you’re at a friend’s house, and they hand you a joint. “Be careful,” your friend warns. “This flower is really strong.” You take a drag and next thing you know, you’re feeling … absolutely nothing."

What we are discussing is how different bodies react differently.

Are far as I'm concerned, it should all be legal anyway.  One of the most dangerous substances, alcohol, has been legal for many years and the attempt to ban it turned out disastrously.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:01 pm

gringal wrote:According to the article quoted, we are talking about it.

"So, you’re at a friend’s house, and they hand you a joint. “Be careful,” your friend warns. “This flower is really strong.” You take a drag and next thing you know, you’re feeling … absolutely nothing."

What we are discussing is how different bodies react differently.

Are far as I'm concerned, it should all be legal anyway.  One of the most dangerous substances, alcohol, has been legal for many years and the attempt to ban it turned out disastrously.

Exactly and I agree about alcohol speaking as someone who, on March 20 will be completely off the sauce for 45 years.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:00 pm

A lot of it is cultural and social conditioning as well. It wasn't that long ago alcohol drinkers reported experiencing vivid hallucinations such as pink elephants, dancing skeltons, and the like.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Why cannabis works for some and not for others. Empty Sativa vs Indica

Post by CHILLIN Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:25 pm

CHILLIN wrote:A lot of it is cultural and social conditioning as well. It wasn't that long ago alcohol drinkers reported experiencing vivid hallucinations such as pink elephants, dancing skeltons, and the like.

I wanted to add, but was unable to edit. That cannabis has undergone many changes over the past 50 years. In the beginning, it was almost 100% Sativa varieties that were consumed, mostly "brick" weed from Mexico, many seeds and stalks. Then quality started to improve, and indicas were instroduced usually as a form of Hashish. Sativa got stronger, and stronger, and soon strains such as Panama Red, Thai Stick, Acapulco Gold, became more widely available. These high THC, little or no CBD strains were/are very powerful, capable of causing uncontrollable laughter, and even hallucinations. The production problem is that even today the powerful Sativas are grown in tropical and subtropical conditions (check out Aceseeds.com fora better explanation. They were a long, dangerous way from markets. Soon the growers introduced Indica and Ruderalis strains to grow faster in the North.
What does this mean to consumers? This young man told a story on a forum I was on that was very interesting. He had attended a music festival in the Pacific Northwest, he told his father, who was in his sixties, how everyone was grimfaced, but very stoned. How come it wasn't like Woodstock, for example. His dad said I have never played this for you before, he went and got an old cassette, explained that he made this tape when he was his son's age. He didn't know why - but he did. It was a recording of himself and two girlfriends (no - no sex on the tape anyways!). For a full half an hour they were giggling, making up weird nursery rhymes, singing with the music. The point he was making is that cannabis, especially recreational cannabis, is much different today than it was in the late 60's/early 70's. Especially for those who had a bit of spare cash.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down