INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agua Pipa

+5
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
RVGRINGO
ohhappyday
El Bajio
9 posters

Go down

Agua Pipa Empty Agua Pipa

Post by El Bajio Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:08 am

I need phone numbers for an agua pipa truck. Evidently Aldana in West Ajijic is no longer delivering water. We tried one out of Chapala and by the time he got here we only got about 7500 liters out of 9000 because of a pretty big leak and were charged 700 and I just called another truck (not sure where it is from but a nice pretty white truck) and it was 800 for 10,000 liters. Has the price of water really increased that much?

Thanks for any leads.
El Bajio
El Bajio

Back to top Go down

Agua Pipa Empty Re: Agua Pipa

Post by ohhappyday Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:46 pm

Water levels all over the area are extremely low. SIMAPA has had to add extra lengths of pipe in their main wells to supply those on "city water". Everyone has been asked to conserve. I'm not surprised the cost has risen.

ohhappyday

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Well water is a finite resource. If you don't conserve, the wells can deplete the aquifer, which will sometimes be rendered useless. That is when you will see real conservation, as most are too stubborn, or greedily wasteful, to conserve early enough to benefit themselves, and future generations. When that day comes, you will process your own sewage to harvest drinking water to survive.
Do you flush every time?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:43 pm

Wouldn't the local wells be fed from the lake which is at very high levels still?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:49 pm

I read an article in one of the local Spanish papers where a woman in Joco said she was only getting city water 2 nights a week and she said they could not sleep because they were up washing and watering those nights as they had no water storage capability at there house. Didnt say aljibe or tinaco but sounded like neither.

Water in Joco has been scarce this time of year for a long time as the berries are sucking the aquafir dry.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:53 pm

No, C-Bob, that is not always the case, as some systems do not interconnect, although they could.  In some areas, depleted aquifers may be invaded by pollutants and/or by salt water, either from other, unusable aquifers, or from the sea itself.  Most of the water on this planet is not drinkable. It must be recycled, either atmospherically, or in deep aquifers. If we exceed the natural system's capacities, we will suffer the consequences. Yet, we continue to throw our excrement and trash "away", which is ultimately into those systems.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tday Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:01 pm

Very few Alternatives I think?

Tday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:58 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Wouldn't the local wells be fed from the lake which is at very high levels still?

It takes a long time for the ground water, which the lake is, to seep down to the aquifer and it is a slow moving process, which has nothing to do with the status of the lake's capacity at the moment, now or at anytime, until empty.  The aquifer is now about 200 or more meters down from the ground level around the lake, 30 years ago it was about 100 meters below.  
The lake water arrives at the aquifer in much the same way that you would fill a beer bottle with a funnel and it wouldn´t make any difference if you were pouring from a gallon container or 50 gallon drum, until the pouring container went completely dry.
The lake loses much more water each year to evaporation than it does to ground seepage to the aquifer.

Ground water arrives at the aquifer drip, drip, drip………………….
It is is pumped out whoosh, whoosh, whoosh………………………..(onomatopoeia for a sucking sound) Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:01 pm

Jajajaja onomatopoeia. Nice wrap-up.

The future, I'm afraid, looks pretty grim.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:43 pm

Maybe they should drill a reverse well in the middle of the lake to the aquifer, that would speed up things a bit. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:51 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:
Do you flush every time?

Nope, and haven't since 1992 when I came to my senses that several gallons of water to wash my pee into the sewer system was nuts. You've heard the old saying, "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down".
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mastrich Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:20 pm

time for waterless urnal
mastrich
mastrich

Humor : crazy sumbitch

Back to top Go down