INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Busted by the Walmart Duo (Frick & Frak - Cops)

+6
suegarn
CanuckBob
slainte39
Carry Bean
ohhappyday
Problem Child
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Busted by the Walmart Duo (Frick & Frak - Cops) Empty Busted by the Walmart Duo (Frick & Frak - Cops)

Post by Problem Child Sat May 04, 2019 2:10 pm

Flagged down just West of WM.

Check out:

1. Registration------------------------------------- -Got it.
2. Helmet -------------------------------------------Good for go.
3. Lights on ----------------------------------------- WTF (Just bikes and quads)
4. Yellow Reflective Vest ----------------------------- TES! That's a shot Inmate.

No hint of giving $$

Next post: Check out when I went to ORMA TO GET THE YELLOW VEST

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Busted by the Walmart Duo (Frick & Frak - Cops) Empty Re: Busted by the Walmart Duo (Frick & Frak - Cops)

Post by ohhappyday Sat May 04, 2019 4:22 pm

Why belittle people just doing the job they've been assigned to do by referring to them as " Frick and Frac"? How rude.

ohhappyday

Back to top Go down

Busted by the Walmart Duo (Frick & Frak - Cops) Empty Re: Busted by the Walmart Duo (Frick & Frak - Cops)

Post by Carry Bean Sat May 04, 2019 4:42 pm

Agreed and I hope they continue to clamp down on the riders with little kids hanging from their motorbikes with no helmet.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sat May 04, 2019 4:49 pm

Carry Bean wrote:Agreed and I hope they continue to clamp down on the riders with little kids hanging from their motorbikes with no helmet.

I didn't intend to belittle. I apologize for any preceived negative connotation.

Frick and Frak is not actually a negative term. it is is a reference two people who are closely linked in some way, especially through a work partnership or strong friendship. The origin is from a famous.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 05, 2019 1:53 am

Problem Child wrote:
Carry Bean wrote:Agreed and I hope they continue to clamp down on the riders with little kids hanging from their motorbikes with no helmet.

I didn't intend to belittle. I apologize for any preceived negative connotation.

Frick and Frak  is not actually a negative term. it is is a reference two people who are closely linked in some way, especially through a work partnership or strong friendship. The origin is from a famous.

A very weak defense counselor.
You are way out of line in my opinion, making an issue out of a routine matter.
Nothing better to do...…...SAD!!!!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sun May 05, 2019 8:34 am

slainte39 wrote:
Problem Child wrote:

Frick and Frak  is not actually a negative term. it is is a reference two people who are closely linked in some way, especially through a work partnership or strong friendship. The origin is from a famous.

A very weak defense counselor.
You are way out of line in my opinion, making an issue out of a routine matter.
Nothing better to do...…...SAD!!!!

I was not making an "issue" of the incident, nor was I defending defending anything, I was recounting an incident, and I did apologize if offense was taken. Nothing better to do than what? Make an informational post as a matter of interest? Other than myself, there may be people here that didn't know motorcycles must have their lights on all the time they are driving, and that even on an ATV you must have a reflective vest. But then it might be that I'm one of the few, if any, Lakeside expats that ride an ATV (at 80 years old), though some might use scooters where the same rules apply.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun May 05, 2019 10:20 am

ATVs should not even be allowed on the caraterra or any highway for that matter. I don't see many ATVs driving around Guadalajara.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sun May 05, 2019 10:37 am

CanuckBob wrote:ATVs should not even be allowed on the caraterra or any highway for that matter. I don't see many ATVs driving around Guadalajara.

IMO, driving an ATV in Guadalajara would be insanity.

I use mine locally only. No farther than Chapala to West Ajijic.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun May 05, 2019 1:12 pm

Still isn't street legal no matter what the local transitos allow. Do you have the minimum 3,000,000 MXN liability insurance policy on it?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sun May 05, 2019 1:47 pm

Parker says they don't have any company that issues insurance for liability on them.

There was a long discussion a while ago about if an ATV is street legal.

Some said it could be used only off-road.

I said, it that's true, then why must you license it?

No cop has ever said it's not street legal, including those who blatently wanted a payoff.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sun May 05, 2019 4:28 pm

Problem Child wrote:Parker says they don't have any company that issues insurance for liability on them.

No cop has ever said it's not street legal, including those who blatently wanted a payoff.

So if you end up in an accident that's your fault, either you may lose everything you own, or the other person is screwed because you don't have liability insurance?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sun May 05, 2019 5:22 pm

suegarn wrote:
Problem Child wrote:Parker says they don't have any company that issues insurance for liability on them.

So if you end up in an accident that's your fault, either you may lose everything you own, or the other person is screwed because you don't have liability insurance?

In theory, that's possible. There are many things that are possible in this World. I could be walking down the street and get killed by a car hitting you because the driver has an M.I. or I could be the driver of the car.There are inherent risks in life.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Sun May 05, 2019 8:00 pm

Sounds like you are suggesting vehicle liability insurance should be optional here in mexico?

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sun May 05, 2019 8:26 pm

Problem Child wrote:
suegarn wrote:

In theory, that's possible. There are many things that are possible in this World. I could be walking down the street and get killed by a car hitting you because the driver has an M.I. or I could be the driver of the car.There are inherent  risks in life.

That shouldn't be an inherent risk for someone who carries liability insurance. By not carrying liability insurance, you're basically saying you don't give a f**k about anyone else that you may hurt?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 05, 2019 8:38 pm

Right. He doesn't. 

He can't carry liability no one will sell it to him. A normal person would say - I better not drive this vehicle anymore. 

So, if he hits someone this is what he's going to tell them. . .."There are inherent risks in life."
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun May 05, 2019 8:46 pm

Yeah. An 80-year-old, hard of hearing guy with poor vision and no liability insurance riding an ATV on a highway smashing into you is just another inherent risk of life.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by kamcd Sun May 05, 2019 8:54 pm

...and there are so many fewer risks you are an entitled gringo who basically doesn't give a s*** about you and, whoops, your permanently disabled child

kamcd

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sun May 05, 2019 8:55 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Yeah. An 80-year-old, hard of hearing guy with poor vision and no liability insurance riding an ATV on a highway smashing into you is just another inherent risk of life.

If you're speaking of me, I do not have poor vision. Nor does and ATV travel at high speed and zig-zag through traffic.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun May 05, 2019 9:03 pm

Problem Child wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:Yeah. An 80-year-old, hard of hearing guy with poor vision and no liability insurance riding an ATV on a highway smashing into you is just another inherent risk of life.

If you're speaking of me, I do not have poor vision. Nor does and ATV travel at high speed and zig-zag  through traffic.

Oh please. I’ve seen you drive a car and that was scary enough. No matter how you try to rationalize it you have no business driving an ATV on highways, with or without liability insurance.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 05, 2019 10:03 pm

Problem Child wrote:

If you're speaking of me, I do not have poor vision. Nor does and ATV travel at high speed and zig-zag  through traffic.

Livestock, mainly cows, don´t travel at high speed or zig zag through traffic either, but they can certainly cause accidents on streets and highways.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun May 05, 2019 10:20 pm

If you run someone over and severely injure or kill them you will be rotting in a Mexican prison for a long time. Even large sums of cash will take time to make it's way to the "right" person. Your choice but don't say you didn't know..........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sun May 05, 2019 10:59 pm

CanuckBob wrote:

If you run someone over and severely injure or kill them you will be rotting in a Mexican prison for a long time. Even large sums of cash will take time to make it's way to the "right" person. Your choice but don't say you didn't know..........

What I worry about, CBob, is not his 'choice', but the choice of the victim to assume that a driver with any intelligence and conscience will be insured for liability!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kamcd Mon May 06, 2019 9:20 pm

Problem Child wrote:

Yeah but you are still a jerk who uses his vehicle in an unsafe manner, doesn't carry liability insurance, doesn't care about his (potential) victims and (in my view) posts way too much self referential irritating bullsh***

kamcd

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon May 06, 2019 10:06 pm

Totally, Kamcd! The eternal victim.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon May 06, 2019 11:01 pm

kamcd wrote:
Problem Child wrote:

Yeah but you are still a jerk who uses his vehicle in an unsafe manner, doesn't carry liability insurance, doesn't care about his (potential) victims and (in my view) posts way too much self referential irritating bullsh***

I just gave you 26,000 likes in my ethereal world…..hard to find so I am mentioning it here……. lol!    and      Beer

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next