INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zabor

+4
ComputerGuy
CanuckBob
Carry Bean
shana
8 posters

Go down

Zabor Empty Zabor

Post by shana Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:48 pm

Anyone visited Zabor, the Mongolian barbeque place lately?

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Zabor Empty Re: Zabor

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:55 am

I did. What I had (shrimp stir fry) was excellent. You fill a bowl with the ingredients you want and they cook it. There was a generous amount of shrimp. It came with a starter of soup and ended with some delicious cookies. They need a bigger space so I hope they make a go of it. I think they will.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:28 am

Where is this located?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:18 am

This is in Riberas beside the 7-11, in the short stretch of businesses just to the east, where there used to be a stationery store. A couple of doors over is Electroventa.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:12 am

I was at Zabor today.  It is closed Mondays and is open other days from 10:00 A.M. until 6:00 P.M.
The place was empty when we go there at 1:00 and stayed empty.  I don't know know why they are open so early and have no evening hours.  I think different or later hours would add to their success.

I am very familiar with Mongolian barbeque having eaten at the original back in the mid 60s in Taiwan as well as others in various places.

My view of this one is that the food is good and the service excellent.  I missed the soft rolls I have had in other places that allowed us to stuff them with the food we ordered.  Without them or bread my appetite was not sated.

My lunch partner had the shrimp and it was a large portion.  I had half chicken and half arrachera as my main meal.  The arrachera was very tender but there was not much of either that or the chicken.  The vegetables were fresh but not very filling. 

I really did not know what oils to order for cooking.  What I got was ok but next time I would add more. I have not had to choose my oils in the past. The chef added what was needed for cooking. I think with some experience I could make better choices.

Would I return?  The answer is yes but with some experience as to what to put in my bowl, what oils to choose and what main food items to order I will like it better.

It is located in Riberas next to and between the 7 11 and the Garden Store.

Shana

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:57 am

Sounds like it is worth a try, but to be clear: you fill your own bowl, as mentioned above, so is it based on weight? And if you do fill your own, how could there not be enough? Or is this the type of place where they add the protein, and you fill your bowl with veg and stuff.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:03 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:Sounds like it is worth a try, but to be clear: you fill your own bowl, as mentioned above, so is it based on weight? And if you do fill your own, how could there not be enough? Or is this the type of place where they add the protein, and you fill your bowl with veg and stuff.

It is not based on weight. All bowls are 150 pesos. You fill your own bowl with veggies and stuff. They take it away and return it cooked with your protein selection added. The time I went I did not calculate shrinkage as it cooked and could have added more raw ingredients. Still, I was satisfied.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Odd that it was empty when you were there as it was completely full when I went and I can’t remember what day of the week that was.  I hope they succeed.  It’s nice to have something different.

I would have selected better but there was a man in the line behind me that I thought was going to mow me down to get to the vegetables so I finally stepped aside and let him go in front of me.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:22 pm

Just don't choose Canola oil
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by REC Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:57 pm

Went there today for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a fun experience, the food was great and the service was excellent. As others have said you fill your bowl with vegetables as well as a couple of types of rice - 20+ choices in all. And they added the protein I chose - chicken this time. I thought the portion size was fine and I wound up bringing some of it home for a snack tonight.

I agree that it was a little difficult to decide on all the ingredients, oils, sauces this first time but that is part of the fun. I look forward to going back and experimenting with different combinations.

When we were paying the bill we mentioned how much we had enjoyed our meal. Enrique (the owner) said with a smile "You made it". Really a great addition to the area and I look forward to trying everything. A very unique and delightful experience.

REC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:00 pm

Thanks for the reminder. Damn. I was at that 7/11 this afternoon, then went somewhere else to eat.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:44 pm

Finally got around to trying this place. Tasty!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum