INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firing a Maid

4 posters

Go down

Firing a Maid Empty Firing a Maid

Post by sampati Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:46 am

I cannot find the post about how to fire a maid but a few years back I recounted the plight of a restaurant owner in Ajijic who lost her entire business and all of her employees lost their jobs. Following is the account:

If I remember correctly the former owner of Adelitas, then called Dianes, had a problem with an employee who did not show up for work and could not be contacted by the restaurant owner to find out if she was coming back. It seems like some several years later Diane was contacted by the labor board and taken to court as the employee claimed she was unjustly fired. End result was that Diane was ordered to pay back pay to the employee to the tune of some Twenty Five Thousand dollars. Diane had to close her restaurant and she moved back to the States. Not only did she lose her restaurant, all of her employees lost their jobs when when she closed. Maybe someone who remembers this happening can set the record straight of what happened as it was quite awhile ago and I may have some of my facts wrong. Be careful with employees, the labor laws in Mexico favor the employees big time.

View user profile Send private message
sampati
sampati
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Firing a Maid Empty Re: Firing a Maid

Post by brigitte Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:35 am

why don t you invest a few pesos and talk to a lawyer? You will get the right answer to your case and will be protected.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:57 pm

Your memory is quite accurate except for the amount of time Diane tried to reach the employee and the labor board or union demanded Diane pay the woman.  It was a much shorter time between the beginning and end of a very bad scenario.
Diane packed up her young daughter and herself  and left in the middle of the night.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelHeron Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:09 pm

That's very interesting.
MiguelHeron
MiguelHeron

Humor : Bone dry

Back to top Go down