INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telcel Modem

+2
SunshineyDay
Plan B
6 posters

Go down

Telcel Modem  Empty Telcel Modem

Post by Plan B Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:01 pm

If you have the Telcel modem, check your bill. I was subscribed to a service I did not even know about. Very sneaky.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Telcel Modem  Empty Re: Telcel Modem

Post by SunshineyDay Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:23 pm

Can you sign up for the internet pkg and get a modem at the mall office?
How much cash is needed to get it started?
TIA

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:24 pm

You should weigh the cost of a Telcel modem against what it would save you in terms of how much internet you use. If you use a lot, stream things, etc, it's worthwhile, because you get unlimited for a set amount.
If you don't use it a lot or do things which suck a lot of data, you can just use your phone as a hot spot, if it has that feature. Then you purchase a pay-as-you-go package internet amigo package, just like you'd buy sin limites package.
I do both- I buy the internet package for 300 pesos that gives me 5 GBs and the 150 peso sin limites, which gives me the unlimited calls and texts plus another 2 GBs. So for 450 pesos I get 7 GB and just use my phone to tether, never bought a Telcel modem.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:22 am

Thanks I think I may try that. Great idea!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:08 am

Using the hotspot on your phone is a wonderful invention IF you get strong coverage in your house. I don't. So now, I'm looking into buying the antenna to park on my outside wall with direct line of sight at the tower with a cable that will bring it into my house attached to an extender at the end of it. Sigh.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:56 pm

Gosh it was years ago when I last heard about doing this. Sure hope the signal strength outside is strong enough :)
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:37 pm

My cell phone piggy backs on my Telmex wifi INSIDE the house. If Telmex is out OR if the electricity is out, there is only 1 bar of service (if that). Outside in the corner of my courtyard, with line of sight to the tower, it is 4 bars.
Try using a hotspot with 1 bar of service... worse than dial up.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:54 pm

ferret wrote:Using the hotspot on your phone is a wonderful invention IF you get strong coverage in your house. I don't. So now, I'm looking into buying the antenna to park on my outside wall with direct line of sight at the tower with a cable that will bring it into my house attached to an extender at the end of it. Sigh.

Yes, I neglected to mention that I do get a strong cell signal most of the time. No phone lines at all out to my place, which is why I can't use Telmex or any other internet which requires phone lines. Good luck with your antenna.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:27 pm

SunshineyDay wrote:Thanks I think I may try that. Great idea!

One thing I do using the pay-as-you-go internet package that you might want to be aware of, is to go into my computer settings and set it on "Metered Connection". That will keep apps and Windows, etc, from automatically updating in the background, sucking up your limited data.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Telcel Modem  Empty Telcel Modem

Post by TooMuchCoffee Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:26 pm

[quote="mudgirl"]You should weigh the cost of a Telcel modem against what it would save you in terms of how much internet you use. If you use a lot, stream things, etc, it's worthwhile, because you get unlimited for a set amount.]

Problem is, "Internet en su casa" for $399 has a 10 Mbs download speed and a 100 GB fair use cap. Hardly unlimited if you do any streaming, and they require a 1 year contract.

I would love to find another ISP other than Telmex ADSL and ILOX fiber which is giving me the fits right now.

TooMuchCoffee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down