INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INM form

4 posters

Go down

INM form Empty INM form

Post by cypress Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:46 am

I don't fly north very often so I am wondering about the following. When you go to the Guadalajara airport you get a 2 part INM form which you fill out at their office there and get it stamped. Then when you fly into Mexico City I assume you check into immigration there. Do they take the smaller part of the INM form in MC or is it held at Guadalajara? I can't find the larger part of that INM form that you need when you fly back from the North or else you could have problems with you Residente Permanente visa. I am just trying to figure out where the larger part of my INM form went.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

INM form Empty Re: INM form

Post by NoVaDamer Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:33 pm

If you are an RP, they should have given you back the top portion of the INM form when you had the bottom portion stamped at your departure airport. I have not flown through Ciudad de Mexico, but have flown many times back to the States from GDL as an RP. They always give the top portion back to me, as you need it (as you note) when you return.
NoVaDamer
NoVaDamer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Si!

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:21 pm

They could well have given me back the top part of the form but I don't have it. It was a very hectic confusing time. Other people must not have been able to find the top part of their form months later. I wonder what happens in those and mine cases. My passport has the Mexico City stamp in it for that flight and I have my baggage claims receipts for my luggage for that flight.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:34 pm

I just flew through Mexico City to Canada but had my form stamped in GDL. They told me this was the last time and in the future need to get it stamped in MEX. Anyone know where the office is there and do they have one in both terminals?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:22 pm

Scroll to the bottom of this page to find what you need... locations and schedules... and, yes, they are in both terminals.

https://www.aicm.com.mx/en/government-entities/inm

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:14 am

Thx

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

INM form Empty hope this helps

Post by NoVaDamer Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:43 am

cypress wrote:They could well have given me back the top part of the form but I don't have it. It was a very hectic confusing time. Other people must not have been able to find the top part of their form months later. I wonder what happens in those and mine cases. My passport has the Mexico City stamp in it for that flight and I have my baggage claims receipts for my luggage for that flight.

Right when the law changed, we had our first trip back to the States as RPs. They took the lower portion of the INM form and gave the upper part back to us, but like a dummy, I just shoved it in my carry on and forgot about it. When we returned, we tried to turn in "new" forms as RPs, but the INM officer at GDL had a cow. She kept asking for our original forms, but I forgot what I did with them. She said she couldn't find a stamp in our passports (they were pretty full, and oftentimes the stamps are illegible. She called a supervisor over, and while they were discussing our situation, I finally remembered where the original INM portions were. I gave them to her, but she said they were no good because they weren't stamped! I said "this is all I have, and the INM officer didn't stamp them when we left."

She gave us a long lecture on the importance of doing our forms correctly when leaving Mexico, then finally let us on our way. Our RPs were unaffected. We were first off the plane into INM, last out of it to get our luggage!

You will probably face some additional scrutiny when you return: it should help that you have evidence of the CDMX flight. All I can suggest is (1) don't try to fill out a new form, and (2) smile and be patient. Good Luck!
NoVaDamer
NoVaDamer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Si!

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:43 am

Thanks NovaDamer

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder