INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creperie Chez Isabelle

+2
slainte39
Bubba2shoes
6 posters

Go down

Creperie Chez Isabelle Empty Creperie Chez Isabelle

Post by Bubba2shoes Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:51 pm

This newly opened French Creperie, owned and operated by French Expats, is located in the Six Corners area of West Ajijic on the lake side of the carretera to San Juan in the shopping center near the corner of Rio Zula. The people who own this establishment formerly ran an excellent French bakery in the same area of West Ajijic which served up really fine baked goods and was quite popular. As a French crepe fiend who learned to love crepes while living in Paris when i was a youth, I was excited to observe this opening and as soon as I returned to Ajijic from Chiapas recently, I had to try it. On my first visit I tried a savory crepe filled with salmon and leaks and was quite pleased. Next time, which will be very soon, a sweet crepe is in order. Their menu of crepes is extensive and they are quite amicable hosts. I will definitely be back and recommend this place unconditionally to those of you fond of real French Crepes. Wine, beer and liquor and well as other drinks are served which is a plus in my book.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Creperie Chez Isabelle Empty Re: Creperie Chez Isabelle

Post by slainte39 Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:38 pm

Don´t they still operate the bakery across the street from the Brew House, a little further west, and if not, who does?  I thought that was French owned as well.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:53 pm

I'm hoping that the Creperie is owned by the couple who were the original owners of the French Bakery. I know that they had to go back to France for health reasons and would be extremely pleased if those issues have been resolved and they were back.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:09 am

Nice review. I don't think you can call it the Seis Esquinas area, though. I would say instead Plaza Comercial La Huerta. Immediately east of Don Pedro's.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:13 am

Toriginal owners were not as good as the second ones.. They actually used to work for the second owners in France.. The second owners came and made better pastries, but Isabelle lost her husband 2 years ago and is cintinuing the business with another worker from France. Iforget his name. They both went to Brittany to learn how to make the real traditional crepes and galettes from Brittany and just opened a creperie next to the grocery store in the la Huerta or whatever that area is called next to the fish place.  The bakery is still open..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:31 am

We have just returned from Chiapas where we live part of each year and tried the new creperie ASAP without noting whether or not the owners of the creperie continue to operate the bakery you all mention and I plead guilty to sloppy research. I believe they do continue to operate the bakery immediately east of the Don Pedro restaurant as well as the new creperie and that is welcome news as I love that bakery where I regularly stock up on Parisian style baguettes and pastries which I love. We are lucky to have these people baking for us at Lakeside so I am off to the bakery for one of their great baguettes and some of their meringue and almond cookies, which are fabulous, as well as whatever else is appealing this morning. The hell with my diet.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:40 am

Thank you Brigitte. I was hoping that Isabelle's husband had recovered. So sad.

I'm laughing at the back to back responses from you and Bubba. Don't you guys talk to each other any more???? You may want to inform him of the correct information.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:00 am

Interestingly, ferret, Brigitte and I typed our comments this morning simultaneously and in the same room  without conferring with each other.  After all, we have been married 48 years.  What else is there to say. As for my mistake in my first post and the notion that Brigitte, whose research was clearly far more thorough than mine,  should, perhaps, engage in an effort to teach me anything at this late stage in my life, she has developed other priorities not having just arrived on the turnip truck and naively assumed there was any goal there worth pursuing.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:23 am

ROTFLMAO! You have a smart wife Bubba!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:41 pm

lol Bubba. I wonder how old you were when you figured all that out . . . ?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:50 pm

That was clearly a frivolous inquiry Trailrunner and you may regret posing it, but I shall inquire of Brigitte just for the fun of it. I would guess around my age 30 in the early 1970s and I am now 77. It was then I convinced her to move with me from the warm, sultry Alabama Gulf Coast with its tepid and crystal sea to the foggy, damp and chilly Northern California Pacific Coast at San Francisco in August. When she arrived on that flight from hot Birmingham that day, the cold fog was rolling in over the San Francisco hills from the icy Pacific creating great discomfort for her and, remember, she was from France and knew nothing of the infamous, often cold weather in San Francisco in the summer which I had failed to explain to her. I guess the decision making process between us as to where we would reside in the future changed on that day long ago. We arrived at the decision to move to Mexico upon retirement mutually and that worked out much better than the Northern California move which turned out well as well in the long run. Bet you are sorry you asked. Have another crepe at my favorite crepe joint in Ajijic and relax.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum