INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daylight savings time to fall back Oct. 27 in Mexico

4 posters

Go down

Daylight savings time to fall back Oct. 27 in Mexico Empty Daylight savings time to fall back Oct. 27 in Mexico

Post by sm1mex Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:25 am

Daylight savings starts Mexico October 27 to turn your clocks back one hour Saturday before retiring.

U.S. will fall back Nov. 3 so t.v. will be messed up for one week.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Daylight savings time to fall back Oct. 27 in Mexico Empty Re: Daylight savings time to fall back Oct. 27 in Mexico

Post by Carry Bean Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:51 am

Daylight savings ends not starts.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Daylight savings time to fall back Oct. 27 in Mexico Empty Re: Daylight savings time to fall back Oct. 27 in Mexico

Post by sm1mex Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:58 am

oops. you are right.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:58 am

Is AMLO still contemplating doing away with this? When the change takes place this weekend, we will back at normal time... and I hope it stays that way.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:31 pm

Me too, but the U.S. will probably always keep it. 1 week time difference in the fall and about 3 weeks time difference in the spring. A real pain.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:44 pm

I love daylight savings. I can occasionally go out for dinner in the summer but can’t in winter because I can’t see to drive at night.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:17 pm

Carry Bean wrote:Daylight savings ends not starts.

Don´t it kind of depend on if you are early to rise or early to retire, same amount of daylight no matter where the clock hands are.
I get up late, so with the shorter daylight hours plus changing the clock, I take a double whammy on daylight hours. No problem as I tend to be nocturnal any way.
My tlacuaches love it.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:24 pm

sm1mex wrote:Daylight savings starts Mexico October 27 to turn your clocks back one hour Saturday before retiring.

U.S. will fall back Nov. 3 so t.v. will be messed up for one week.

Mexican T V will correspond to the same time slots it always has, since that is the country it originates in.  Not sure what Canadian (Shaw) Satellite T V does as  does Canada have time changes?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:29 pm

ferret wrote: When the change takes place this weekend, we will back at normal time... and I hope it stays that way.

Was that the time God or the gods designated as "normal time" and written in some holy book?  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down