INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dental Express -- Inexpensive but.....

+7
LLiving
martygraw
gringal
Lady Otter Latté
Carry Bean
CanuckBob
jsmark5333@gmail.com
11 posters

Go down

Dental Express -- Inexpensive but..... Empty Dental Express -- Inexpensive but.....

Post by jsmark5333@gmail.com Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:08 pm

Came to Lakeside 2 years ago with multiple dental issues. Upon recommendation of a friend started going to Dental Express. Very friendly staff and dentists. Over time, had 4 dental implants and 3 crowns placed. Over time had significant problems with all 3 crowns, one of which I returned 7 times for the correct fitting. The 4th dental implant literally fell out before a crown was placed. The dentists were very nice and kept trying to do the repairs at no charge. However, some of these problems should not have occurred.

Am now going to a different dentist who reinstalled the 4th implant. Will report back on that experience.

jsmark5333@gmail.com

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Dental Express -- Inexpensive but..... Empty Re: Dental Express -- Inexpensive but.....

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Truly a case of "you get what you pay for". After several bad experiences I wouldn't go to them for more than a cleaning (which they actually do pretty good).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Dental Express -- Inexpensive but..... Empty Re: Dental Express -- Inexpensive but.....

Post by Carry Bean Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:12 pm

I’m very impressed with a crown I got there. Cannot tell it by feel from the original tooth (back upper tooth.)

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:26 pm

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while......I would never go back to them or recommend them for anything like that. My step father was here for 4 months. He wanted new dentures. He went there the second day he arrived and after at least 15 visits during the 4 months they couldn't get them right so we demanded a refund which they did.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:41 pm

Carry Bean wrote:I’m very impressed with a crown I got there.  Cannot tell it by feel from the original tooth (back upper tooth.)

You were lucky, Carry. It is very much the luck of the draw there. For people who desperately need the lower price it may be worth taking the chance. I have heard too many stories about bad results like the OP and CBob had to risk it.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:09 pm

At the time, they were advertising 2 day service for dentures......lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:09 am

A friend of mine got dentures or implants there a couple of years ago.  All the teeth were the same size and she looked like she had George Washington's wooden teeth.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:23 pm

I have had 2 dental implants and a full plate done by Dr Edgar at Dental Express, no problems at all. I would gladly recommend them

martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:20 pm

martygraw wrote:I have had 2 dental implants and a full plate done by Dr Edgar at Dental Express, no problems at all. I would gladly recommend them

You gladly recommend Dr. Edgar, but be careful of recommending Dental Express. I have read enough reviews of DE to know there are multiple dentists there and a revolving door of new ones. Some of them are good and some are not. As I said before, it is the luck of the draw.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:45 pm

I had sever pain in a back molar a few years ago. Dr. Edgar told me it was because a wisdom tooth was pushing on it. After a very painfull 2 hour extraction I still had the pain. I went to Dr. Candy who took a quick look and said it was visually obvious I had a cracked molar. She said the way it was cracked wouldn't show up in an xray but was quite obvious. I wanted to go back and remove a few of Dr. Edgars teeth....

ironically, Dr Edgar and I were discussing why dental was so much cheaper here than NOB because you didn't need the malpractice insurance. I wouldn't recommend him or his business to anyone.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LLiving Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:17 am

Can anybody help provide Dr Edgar at DE his full name? There are at least more than one Edgar so I want to be sure. Thanks for your help.
LLiving
LLiving

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:23 am

http://dentalexpressmexico.com/Meet-Dr-Edgard-Macias/

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:02 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:
Carry Bean wrote:I’m very impressed with a crown I got there.  Cannot tell it by feel from the original tooth (back upper tooth.)

You were lucky, Carry. It is very much the luck of the draw there. For people who desperately need the lower price it may be worth taking the chance. I have heard too many stories about bad results like the OP and CBob had to risk it.

There are low cost Mexican dentists that do an outstanding job. No need to pay a low cost for shoddy work.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:05 pm

LLiving wrote:Can anybody help provide Dr Edgar at DE his full name? There are at least more than one Edgar so I want to be sure. Thanks for your help.
Don't you just hate it when docs are referred to by their first names only. Of course, within the context of a conversation you might be able to tease out the type of medicine the doc practices and figure it out from there. Dra. Monica, Dr. Carlos, Dr. Jose, etc.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Dental Express -- Inexpensive but..... Empty So Who

Post by Rick Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:38 pm

If you don't like this dentist office, who would you recommend. I need a root canal done soon.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:31 pm

Dr. Haro or Dr. Barragan.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:32 pm

Yes, I agree ferret. They are outstanding dentists. I go to Barragan and am always amazed at his expertise. Dr. Haro is excellent, as well. Carry Bean- I do not know how anybody could tell the difference between a crown and their own tooth in the back molars. There is no difference in feeling unless you have an absolute idiot put in the crown.

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down