INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another school shooting in Santa Clara, California

+9
gringal
ferret
ComputerGuy
Lady Otter Latté
espíritu del lago
Bearded Beemer
kiko
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another school shooting in Santa Clara, California Empty Another school shooting in Santa Clara, California

Post by CanuckBob Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:54 am

It's all over the news. When will they learn? I guess another round of "thoughts and prayers" will solve it.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Another school shooting in Santa Clara, California Empty Re: Another school shooting in Santa Clara, California

Post by Trailrunner Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:09 pm

Santa Clarita, LA, not Santa Clara, SFBA.

Yes. It will never end. I do not know how people with kids in schools in the US cope with this constant threat.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Another school shooting in Santa Clara, California Empty Re: Another school shooting in Santa Clara, California

Post by kiko Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:02 pm

Target has bullet proof backpacks with a charging bank for cell phones only $189.95. Shocked
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearded Beemer Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:43 pm

Thoughts and prayers until it happens again, which we all know it will.
But hey, at least you are free to exercise your second amendment rights.
Americas policies on gun control are as antiquated as our political system.
This from a retired hunting guide that lives in Alaska.
Bearded Beemer
Bearded Beemer

Humor : Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:13 pm

Did you need an AR15 on any of your hunts?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearded Beemer Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:19 pm

Hard to believe, but no, I never needed an AR-15 in a lifetime of hunting for meat and 20 years as a guide. I actually did most of my personal hunting with a single shot rifle, but I dont tell anyone for fear they will think I am un-american.
Bearded Beemer
Bearded Beemer

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:58 am

Why do so many happen in California? Makes you wonder..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:02 am

espíritu del lago wrote:Why do so many happen in California? Makes you wonder..

They happen all over the U.S. Have not noticed more in California than other places.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:04 am

Smith & Wesson getting out of the gun business, announced one day before the shooting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/14/business/smith-wesson-firearms-split.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_191115?campaign_id=2&instance_id=13713&segment_id=18810&user_id=113c61034e497bf178766dffc3398218&regi_id=704435631115

ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:05 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:

They happen all over the U.S. Have not noticed more in California than other places.

I heard on NPR yesterday that there are more school shootings there than school fires, and since they do fire drills regularly, why not shooting drills?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:29 am

Mass shootings in the U.S. since 2000
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States#List_of_mass_shootings_(2000%E2%80%93present)

School mass shootings since 2000
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

They're everywhere in the U.S.
In Canada, not so much because Canada has far stricter gun control...
https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-News/2016/0123/Canada-mass-school-shooting-How-often-does-this-happen
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:22 am

ComputerGuy wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:

I heard on NPR yesterday that there are more school shootings there than school fires, and since they do fire drills regularly, why not shooting drills?

My daughter teaches first graders in California. She explained to me the trauma she and her students live with because of the unannounced active shooter drills. First graders who freeze every single time the loud speaker squawks just before the principal speaks because they do not know if this is a routine announcement, a drill, or someone is in their school intent on killing them. First graders. My daughter. She said teachers have the responsibility of deciding to try to get their kids out or hide them. Which is less likely to get them all killed? But, now they added a third option: fight. She can decide that she and her first graders should fight. “Hide, flee, fight?” Which should she choose for herself and the 26 little lives in her hands?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:25 am

How on earth can first graders "FIGHT"?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:34 am

gringal wrote:How on earth can first graders "FIGHT"?

That is up to the teacher to figure out. My daughter has six more years until she can retire with a pension. She is not sure she can do it that much longer. And, she loves teaching.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:36 am

More to the point, why should first graders have to make ANY of the choices. "Hide, flee, fight"? How about playing, laughing and learning?
I loved school but I can see that shifting for those in school now. What a terrible state of affairs to live with on a daily basis.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:25 pm

ferret wrote:More to the point, why should first graders have to make ANY of the choices. "Hide, flee, fight"? How about playing, laughing and learning?
I loved school but I can see that shifting for those in school now. What a terrible state of affairs to live with on a daily basis.

Yes. It is. The U.S. has a systemic crisis with more guns than people and too many people of all ages who think violence is the answer to problems because their government believes that.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearded Beemer Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:32 pm

Americas gun laws (or lack thereof)are driven by money and greed, pure and simple. Those in power dont give a rats ass in saving lives if it comes at the expense of political contributions.
Bearded Beemer
Bearded Beemer

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:14 pm

First of all, there should be no surprise shooter drills. You only do surprise tests when everyone already knows the subject. And seriously, this isn't a normal "test". This is a trauma-driven situation that needs to be very, very carefully considered.

Secondly, "fight"?! Really? No, no teacher should be allowed that option. Ever. I don't care what age the kids are.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:25 pm

What with the youth fiercly embracing climate change, and now so activated about gun control, I am surprised there is not a mini revolution happening. As the anarchists used to say "eat the rich", the millenials and younger should chanting "OK, Boomers, fix this or we will do it for you (for us) and it won't be pretty".

Last edited by CHILLIN on Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:29 pm

It's coming...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:58 pm

Yep, it is coming. Just not sure if it will be before or after the next US civil war.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Anyone know the shooters motive?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:56 pm

he is 16 , he does not need a motive.. Hopefully he will die..the rest of his life in jail is a long long tome to pay for some screw ball to be locked up.. What a sad situation, If he did not have access to gun he would not have shot other kids.. Ok guns , do not kill but you could fool me...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:15 pm

He died, per the ABC evening news.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:15 pm

that is a consolation, less one nut to lock up but how sad for his parents...
Sorry but if he had not been able to get a gun he would not have killed the other children or himself.. When are the US going to wake up??

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next