INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stamped concrete for sidewalks / patio

3 posters

Go down

stamped concrete for sidewalks / patio Empty stamped concrete for sidewalks / patio

Post by Sherman Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:49 pm

looking for an experienced contractor for stamped concrete for sidewalks and patio.
thanks for any leads ....

S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

stamped concrete for sidewalks / patio Empty Re: stamped concrete for sidewalks / patio

Post by ferret Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:56 pm

This is the second time that you have asked this question...

https://www.insidelakeside.com/t22113-anyone-local-who-does-stamped-concrete?highlight=stamped+concrete#240100

BTW, concrete IS messy. It splashes and the only thing you can do is be prepared and use plastic and tape to protect anything that you don't want to get splashed. I didn't get stamped concrete but did have a new driveway ramp and sidewalk installed. Now, I have to repaint the wall and the garage door. Live and Learn because it's unavoidable otherwise.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

stamped concrete for sidewalks / patio Empty Re: stamped concrete for sidewalks / patio

Post by Sherman Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:39 am

I did not realize there is a 'rule' that you cannot ask the same question more than once .... I went to the store recommended in the previous post and set up an appointment ... and the person from the store who was to come to see the potential work never showed up and never called. So, now we are at the point of doing the work and I'm checking to see if there are sources/resources .... I know there are other contractors around, but they are not always easy to find and one post does not always catch the informed reader. There was one lead I had on someone with experience, but the person got a contract in the US for several months. As I said, I know there are others around like this .... and I'm hoping to find someone.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:00 am

Fair enough.
FYI, there has been a crew working at the Laguna Mall doing stamped concrete. Don't know if it's the same store location that's doing the work since it is kinda specialized. I would have called again to find out what happened. Three strikes and they're out.
This company is in Leon BUT, since they give courses on how to stamp concrete, perhaps they could give you a few leads as to local installers.
http://www.rotecsite.com/ingles/index.php

Last edited by ferret on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:01 am

thanks ... that's the kind of leads I need at this point.
S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:07 am

I edited my post Sherman. The company is not in Guadalajara but in Leon. If they can't give you leads on installers, perhaps they can tell you WHO buys their products in Guadalajara... which may lead you to an installer.
Damn, I love the hunt for a good product and those who know how to use it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:18 am

there are companies that do stamped concrete in Guadalajara ... and I've begun sourcing there.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:31 am

The Gallery photos in the link are most impressive and I love both the "brick" work and the "crazy flagstone paving". Love the shiny wet look... would like to know about the maintenance of that look. Hmmmmm.

Also, make sure that your concrete walkway slopes away from the pool especially if you're planting along the outside edges. Otherwise, in the torrential rains we get here, garden soil and debris will end up in your pool. Excuse me if you had already thought of that.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:03 pm

NOB I've had the wetlook ... annually I applied an acrylic sellador. Quick and easy.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:44 pm

This company is one step above stamped concrete but they now offer their courses in Spanish, so they may have contacts in Mexico. Www.verticalartisans.com. I have done much work like this myself, but I don't do knees or ladders anymore. Another one, Steve, an American-Mexican living near Guanajuato can do this type of work but he is getting on in years too. Www.flyingconcrete.com. He knows many people from all over the world.

Plaster and concrete is not messy at all in skilled hands. You have to have a keen sense of plasticity, knowing the exact window frame to work into.

Last edited by CHILLIN on Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:53 pm

thanks .... !!

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down