INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Donnie

4 posters

Go down

Uncle Donnie Empty Re: Uncle Donnie

Post by kipissippi Wed May 05, 2010 3:34 pm

Sandy Kayak just posted this on the other forum. Broke my heart. All of you who never got a chance to "meet" UD...you really missed out. He's a one of kind and irreplaceable.

This is most likely going to be the last group message from Don Adams (aka Uncle Donnie), Vietnam vet, and author of the rib-tickling: Head for Mexico – The Renegade Guide.

This will link you to several options:
http://www.google.co...+mexico&spell=1

April 29, 2010

Subject: Fw: My Last Move

Sunday is my next big day. Melody, I got your message. Will do. Soon.

Okay, for those who have any interest in my favorite subject; that would be me, here’s
the lowdown on my latest upcoming adventure.

Due to frequent falls and a number of other problems we’ve all, me, my daughter and son-in-law, and my hospice nurse, have decided I need to move into an assisted living facility. Sunday we’ll do the deed. I have a three room apartment in the building with a huge walk-in shower, a sitting/kitchen area, and a large bedroom.

My sister Becky has already taken Chloe home because the boys couldn’t hold out any longer. She has settled in with their three dogs so there are no standing problems. Canela is my problem right now. I need to find someone who wants an elderly Chihuahua. Of course Pirata will stay with me. He’ll be deliriously happy to be the only animal in the household. There’s a huge enclosed grassy area right outside my place so he’ll have tons of roaming room.

All my meals will be provided and a pot of beans or soup is on all night along with sandwich stuff in the fridge so my midnight rambling and snacking won’t be affected aside from the fact that I won’t have to drive to the 24 hour What-a-Burger or IHOP. Which is a good thing since my legs are so weak that I have major problems with driving.

The facility provides laundry service as well as a once a week maid so there’s that little bit of luxury that I’ve really missed about living in Mexico. The manager talked with Abby about assigning me to one of several units that were available and she chose the one on the juvenile hall where everyone is in their low to mid sixties. The Fountain of Youth suites.

Last night at midnight I had to call 911 because when I got out to get my mail I fell and couldn’t get up. A cop and five paramedics came and got me into the house. Gotta love those cell phones. Aside--- went to pay my bill this morning and found out that AT&T doesn’t accept cash.

This is absolutely my last move. I bought this place 16 months ago and Brian and Asa are going to use it as a rental property. I think they may be biting off more than they want to chew but I’m all in favor of them giving it a try. >>

Today, Wednesday, May 5, 2010, I received the following from Don’s sister, Becky:

<<Found everyone's e-dress on one of Don's e-mails and wanted to let you know that it appears that Don may be in his final days. He is in the Hospice unit where his daughter, Abby, worked until last week. Today he went down and lost his pulse & respirations for approx. 1 minute on two occasions. He fades in and out but does recognize everyone and talks some when he does wake up.

In typical "Don Adams Fashion" he asked me for a Coke as I was leaving tonite and was sitting up drinking it when I left!!! Abby took Pirata to see Don on Sunday but I'm sure he knew something was not quite right so Abby took him to her house where he calmed down.

I will try to keep everyone updated.

Don's sister,Becky
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 5:20 pm

kipissippi wrote: Sandy Kayak just posted this on the other forum. Broke my heart. All of you who never got a chance to "meet" UD...you really missed out. He's a one of kind and irreplaceable.

This is most likely going to be the last group message from Don Adams (aka Uncle Donnie), Vietnam vet, and author of the rib-tickling: Head for Mexico – The Renegade Guide.

This will link you to several options:
http://www.google.co...+mexico&spell=1

Thanks, Kip for posting this on both boards. I have never met Don Adams, but have read his books and find them to be helpful and hysterical at the same time. If that is not the sign of a good travel author, I do not know what is. I am so sorry for his declining health. It sounds like he is back in the States. Is that correct? Zoey

April 29, 2010

Subject: Fw: My Last Move

Sunday is my next big day. Melody, I got your message. Will do. Soon.

Okay, for those who have any interest in my favorite subject; that would be me, here’s
the lowdown on my latest upcoming adventure.

Due to frequent falls and a number of other problems we’ve all, me, my daughter and son-in-law, and my hospice nurse, have decided I need to move into an assisted living facility. Sunday we’ll do the deed. I have a three room apartment in the building with a huge walk-in shower, a sitting/kitchen area, and a large bedroom.

My sister Becky has already taken Chloe home because the boys couldn’t hold out any longer. She has settled in with their three dogs so there are no standing problems. Canela is my problem right now. I need to find someone who wants an elderly Chihuahua. Of course Pirata will stay with me. He’ll be deliriously happy to be the only animal in the household. There’s a huge enclosed grassy area right outside my place so he’ll have tons of roaming room.

All my meals will be provided and a pot of beans or soup is on all night along with sandwich stuff in the fridge so my midnight rambling and snacking won’t be affected aside from the fact that I won’t have to drive to the 24 hour What-a-Burger or IHOP. Which is a good thing since my legs are so weak that I have major problems with driving.

The facility provides laundry service as well as a once a week maid so there’s that little bit of luxury that I’ve really missed about living in Mexico. The manager talked with Abby about assigning me to one of several units that were available and she chose the one on the juvenile hall where everyone is in their low to mid sixties. The Fountain of Youth suites.

Last night at midnight I had to call 911 because when I got out to get my mail I fell and couldn’t get up. A cop and five paramedics came and got me into the house. Gotta love those cell phones. Aside--- went to pay my bill this morning and found out that AT&T doesn’t accept cash.

This is absolutely my last move. I bought this place 16 months ago and Brian and Asa are going to use it as a rental property. I think they may be biting off more than they want to chew but I’m all in favor of them giving it a try. >>

Today, Wednesday, May 5, 2010, I received the following from Don’s sister, Becky:

<<Found everyone's e-dress on one of Don's e-mails and wanted to let you know that it appears that Don may be in his final days. He is in the Hospice unit where his daughter, Abby, worked until last week. Today he went down and lost his pulse & respirations for approx. 1 minute on two occasions. He fades in and out but does recognize everyone and talks some when he does wake up.

In typical "Don Adams Fashion" he asked me for a Coke as I was leaving tonite and was sitting up drinking it when I left!!! Abby took Pirata to see Don on Sunday but I'm sure he knew something was not quite right so Abby took him to her house where he calmed down.

I will try to keep everyone updated.

Don's sister,Becky

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed May 05, 2010 6:14 pm

Yes, he was with his daughter in Texas. He is a wonderful writer and always made me laugh. I pulled up some old posts of his on Mexconnect... some great battles with Bubba/hound dog.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed May 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Our friend died today. He requested no service. His ashes will be scattered in the Gulf.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed May 05, 2010 10:40 pm

I can't believe he's gone. The last time I saw him he looked so good, but that was when he was still in Mexico with Teresa. Don loved horses. I know it sounds corny but when I lost the most beautiful black and white filly we've ever had last month, a friend told me that someone in heaven must have needed a fine ride. Her name was Mystic Spirit....I hope she finds him.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun May 09, 2010 10:23 am

Gee, Kip. Sorry to hear you lost the filly, my sympathies. That's rough. Don will be a happy man with her at his side. Hugs, Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun May 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Thanks Lizzy..it was a tough one. We didn't expect the baby until a couple of weeks after we got back from Mexico. She foaled the day before we started for home.The numb nutz we had feeding found her right after she was born...trying to get up on those looooong Warmblood legs. It takes awhile for them to get control of those long legs. She didn't call me...she called her dipshit sister who told her to just LEAVE THEM ALONE AND GO HOME. You NEVER leave a new born untill they're up and nursing. She found the baby the next day where she'd fallen against the fence and gotten wedged in. It was cold and rainy. She couldn't nurse, she couldn't get up and move around to stay warm and she died a short time after the twit found her.

I've spent so many hours/days/nights trying to save babies who had no chance that it just about killed me to lose a perfectly healthy, gorgeous baby girl...from stupidity. If she had called me...I could have saved her..but she didn't and now she's gone. When I uncovered her when we got home I really lost it. Not a "black" baby...a black and white that was breathtakingly beautiful...and when I gradually got the story and realized that there was nothing wrong with her I was devastated. Knowing she suffered before she died and her mom had to have been going crazy, grabbed me by the heart and broke it.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno's girl Sun May 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Oh...so very sorry for your loss....how devastating. My heart breaks for you.
Bruno's girl
Bruno's girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum