INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes in Temporary Import Permits

4 posters

Go down

Changes in Temporary Import Permits Empty Changes in Temporary Import Permits

Post by Intercasa Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:58 pm

Say goodbye to the Temporary Importation Permits or Permiso de Importación Temporal de Vehículos that you used to know, now, as of January  1, 2020 the permits are digital and there are no more window stickers, also no originals, just a digital copy for those who request the permits via the internet.  

The good news is that if you save the digital copy in your email, there is no risk of losing the permission as used to be the case.

*** People crossing by land are still being given the old style permits.
*** People crossing by land but who get their Temporary Importation Permits or Permiso de Importación Temporal de Vehículos MUST still stop at the border to register their entry into Mexico, failure to do so will make them have to return to the border to check in and turn in their FMM form.

Police officers will have a cell phone application to be able to scan the new permits and verify them. Hopefully the police and transitos know about the new permits and will not insist on seeing the old ones pegged to the windshield.

Changes in Temporary Import Permits Newtip10

Changes in Temporary Import Permits Oldtip10
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Changes in Temporary Import Permits Empty cars coming into Mexico prior to 2006

Post by solajijic Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:17 pm

I have 3 US plated vehicles I plan to remove in the next 3 weeks none of which will ever return to Mexico and none of thee 3 had monetary guaranty fees attached to them. I might expect serious confusion at the border and I am inclined to drive right on past and keep going. The Jaguar which has essentially been in storage since the 2012 troubles, the 90 wagoneer which may have to wait until May to come out and the Hyundai which you have the paper work on so I am not clear on its border status and it may have a monetary guaranty on it.

I know I am not the ony one with vehicles prior to the guarantee policy, what should we do now?

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Changes in Temporary Import Permits Empty Re: Changes in Temporary Import Permits

Post by Intercasa Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:34 pm

If permits expired get a retorno seguro, we get them all the time, best practice would be to have old sticker removed at border so they dont look for you in the future if they have some sort of hunt for illegal cars
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Changes in Temporary Import Permits Empty Re: Changes in Temporary Import Permits

Post by W7RMM Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:41 am

Well, here's my problem.  I entered Mexico with my vehicle and didn't know, and wasn't notified by Mexican authorities at the border that I needed a TIP to drive my vehicle in Mexico.  So now I'm in Mexico without the proper authorization.  I have applied for the TIP with Banjercito as if I was still in the US. When I get the form in the mail or email (not sure how it will come) from my US address, will I have any problems driving around Mexico or do I have to go back to the states and reenter Mexico?  Also what is the FMM form you mentioned?

W7RMM

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:34 pm

Forma Multiple Migratoria (FMM) is the immigration form that you must fill out, and pay for, at the border upon enteering Mexico. If you did not do that, both you and your vehicle are in Mexico illegally, as you have probably already surmised. Your vehicle is subject to confiscation, and you to deportation. With some luck, you might make it back to the border without being caught, but that would be taking a big chance. See a lawyer now; I suggest ChapalaLaw.com, and talk to Spencer McMullen.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down