INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bye Bye Legal Marijuana

+6
Giovanna
ComputerGuy
gatosigi
CHILLIN
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bye Bye Legal Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: Bye Bye Legal Marijuana

Post by CanuckBob Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:26 pm

Yep, some of them I looked at claim to have "very discrete" shipping methods. They aren't cheap either. Like $30 USD for 10 seeds that may or may not germinate. Some strains are $10 for one seed.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:43 am

CanuckBob wrote:Yep, some of them I looked at claim to have "very discrete" shipping methods. They aren't cheap either. Like $30 USD for 10 seeds that may or may not germinate. Some strains are $10 for one seed.

Which is insane when you consider how many seeds one plant alone yields - hundreds.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:14 am

These are feminized seeds, they will not produce seeds. It is quite an involved process. Once they start growing, you can take clone cuttings from them, this is called a mother plant, it is not allowed to flower. If you want seeds in your cannabis, buy the grade b stuff the cartel sells down in the plaza. This company has been around for 25 years, and this strain produces up to 750 grams, almost 2 lbs of flowers. I haven't followed prices lately, but I am sure that is a pretty tidy profit for a commercial grower.

https://www.bonzaseeds.com/products.php?product=Dutch-Passion-Seeds-Power-Plant-Feminized-Cannabis-Seeds

CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:38 am

They usually only produce seeds if pollinated by a male.....no?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:22 pm

Yes, those are called regular seeds. You can' t tell if they are male or female until a few weeks. Males are typically culled unless they are being used for a crossbreeding experiment. Females which are pollinated are thought to be weaker strains. Autoflowers are the fastest and easiest to grow but they cannot be cloned.
A critical quality ingredient, also expensive, is the soil - this is not dirt. There a soil enhancer called Happy Frog from Laura's garden center. You only use about 15% in the mix, 20% jal (crushed pumice stone), 50% garden soil, 15% good quality compost. It is best to start seedlings indoors to protect against birds and insects. If you are growing cannabis outdoors, it is best to use a container, nothing smaller than a five gallon pail. This plant likes tight roots, encouraging it to grow more flowers sooner. Now that China has entered the market in a big way, you can buy a 4 x 6 indoor grow tent for around $100. Some strains can grow 24 hrs a day under the led lights, for super fast results, others, such as tropical sativas can take up to ten weeks to grow, but they can be the size of a medium xmas tree.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:27 pm

Totally agree with Chillin'. If you don't buy feminized seeds, you just may end up with all males and they produce nothing. Spend the money, know what you're getting and keep a momma just for clones but do not let her bloom.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:25 pm

I am curious, more than anything. I have a friend who used to sell up north, they said that mature seedlings were their most popular item. What would people be willing to pay for a top shelf seedling, proven female and healthy, of strains such as the back to original White Widow or Barney's Pineapple Chunk? I could also sell seedlings of exotic herbs and vegetables such as heirloom tomatoes and potatoes.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:02 pm

A healthy seedling with some sort of guarantee.........probably $40 USD. Just remember you can buy a kilo of nicely trimmed buds for about $4000 pesos in Mexico. That's 4 pesos per gram. In Canada it sells for $10 CAD per gram.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:44 pm

I have plenty of seeds garnered from our cannabis growing company in WA state. They are not feminized but I am quite familiar with determining if a cannabis plant is a male or a female. Happy to share seeds and knowledge:-)
inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:52 pm

I read an article about how Mexican cannabis users were pressuring cartels to bring down the big name Europe and NOB strains. It's not snobbery, is like adopting a dog, you could pick and tame a local stray, or import a AKC pedigree dog with all its papers, medical history, etc. These strains have tests. When I lived in Puerto Vallarta there was a huge party under our deck, attended by celebrity
30 something hipsters and drug dealers. I had to baby sit our blind, mostly deaf dog, but the aromas coming off thier smoking decks was not the smells from construction sites.
Dumb hobby I guess, I don't actually consume very much at all, but I have at least 25 world class strains. Cheaper than collecting wine.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2