INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoe repair: "San Miguel Shoes" elastic

+3
HoneyBee
Mrs. Rupert
gringal
7 posters

Go down

Shoe repair: "San Miguel Shoes" elastic Empty Shoe repair: "San Miguel Shoes" elastic

Post by gringal Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:26 pm

Are there any shoe repair shops in Lakeside that replace worn out elastic on San Miguel Shoes?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Shoe repair: "San Miguel Shoes" elastic Empty Re: Shoe repair: "San Miguel Shoes" elastic

Post by Mrs. Rupert Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:43 pm

gringal, a shoe repairer would have to take the whole shoe apart to replace the elastic, and I am sure they could not match the color.

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shoe repair: "San Miguel Shoes" elastic Empty Re: Shoe repair: "San Miguel Shoes" elastic

Post by gringal Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:48 am

That may be the case, but when I lived in San Miguel, there was a shop that replaced the elastic at a very reasonable cost.  I posted the query in the hope that such a repair shop existed in this area.
So....what was the point of your post? Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:10 pm

There is a shoe repair shop in Chapala. If you head north on the Monday Tiangy street as you get to the end of it (Tiangy) make a left. The store is about 30 meters up on the right. They may be able to help you. I have had major surgery done on my walking boots for maybe 60 pesos.

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:30 pm

Thanks, Honeybee. I'll check it out.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:58 pm

HoneyBee wrote:There is a shoe repair shop in Chapala. If you head north on the Monday Tiangy street as you get to the end of it (Tiangy) make a left. The store is about 30 meters up on the right. They may be able to help you. I have had major surgery done on my walking boots for maybe 60 pesos.

Its on the south side of Degollado in the second block east of Madero.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:22 pm

For the avoidance of confusion, the store that I mentioned is at #20 Josefa Ortiz De Dominguez.

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:56 pm

Gringal, we do not live in San Miguel de Allende.  What is the point of your post?  Why don't you contact the store you bought them from and ask them for a reference, or take a trip to San Miguel to get your shoes repaired.  Everything has a lifespan.  Shoes die, we die.

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:03 pm

Your post was explaining the very obvious, which I can figure out for myself.
I'm not about to take a long, long drive to get these shoes repaired. They are nearly new. They are loose because i've lost a great deal of weight due to illness.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:42 pm

San Miguel shoes are a STYLE of shoe that originated there in a store on Reloj. They are also available here in a store on Colon and elsewhere in Mexico.
Gringal, if the elastic is not "gone" per se, why not have any shoe repair simply stitch a quarter inch fold (or whatever works) right at the top of the band. You can pin it yourself to see what works space wise then have the guy stitch it flat to the existing band. Don't know if I explained that well enough?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:14 pm

Canmex 87 wrote:
HoneyBee wrote:There is a shoe repair shop in Chapala. If you head north on the Monday Tiangy street as you get to the end of it (Tiangy) make a left. The store is about 30 meters up on the right. They may be able to help you. I have had major surgery done on my walking boots for maybe 60 pesos.

Its on the south side of Degollado in the second block east of Madero.

Not this one...….very good repair shop, just west of Richard´s restaurant.  
There can be more than one repair shop in Chapala...eh?  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:31 am

Great idea, Ferret ! I like a practical solution to life's little problems.

Thanks.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:52 am

And when your feet get chubby again, you just have to cut the stitching. ;)
I was going to suggest wearing them with socks Shocked But I didn't think you'd go for it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:11 am

ferret wrote:And when your feet get chubby again, you just have to cut the stitching. ;)
I was going to suggest wearing them with socks Shocked But I didn't think you'd go for it.

LOL!  Fat Chance of getting chubby feet any time soon.  Stuck in "skin and bones" state for months now.

And yeah....those shoes look pretty dorky with socks.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:28 am

They'll think you are from Oregon.......lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:48 pm

Naw, they'll think you're a Canuck. Funny how well birkenstocks went with socks. Loved my birkenstocks but you had to put socks on with them when the snow hit your kneecaps.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:33 pm

Never saw much of that on the west coast.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:35 pm

Thank our luck to be here instead. The only thing snow is good for is skiing, IMHO.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down