INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Future

+12
mattoleriver
K2tog
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
little italy
HoneyBee
Gamina
brigitte
espíritu del lago
kamcd
Jreboll
Trailrunner
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Our Future Empty Our Future

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:31 pm

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/03/mexico-is-frighteningly-unprepared-for-the-coronavirus.html
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Our Future Empty Re: Our Future

Post by Jreboll Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:22 pm

I believe Spain is suffering the effects of having taken the same attitude. Mexico should learn from Spain.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kamcd Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:41 pm

I read this earlier today - thrilled to read that AMLO's "moral rectitude" will protect him. I am relying on clean hands and social distancing.

kamcd

Back to top Go down

Our Future Empty A message from italy

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:59 pm

10 Days Later: What Italians Wish They Had Known
Mar 16, 2020 | 826 videos
Video by Olmo Parenti

When the Italian media began reporting on the increased community spread of the novel coronavirus across the country, Olmo Parenti, like many Italian citizens, didn’t take the threat of the pandemic too seriously. “My friends and I were almost mocking the few people who believed the issue was serious from the get-go,” Parenti, a young filmmaker, told me.

Just days later, Parenti felt like he was living in a different version of reality—a dystopian one. The number of positive cases had spiked dramatically. The entire country had shut down. The economy took a nosedive. Hospitals, overwhelmed with COVID-19 patients, were being forced to make impossible utilitarian decisions: Which critical patients would receive lifesaving artificial ventilation, while the others would effectively be left to die?

Parenti and his friends were disturbed by the fact that they had severely underestimated the situation, a perspective that perhaps contributed to the spread of the virus. “We read in the news that the U.S., England, Germany, and France were all taking the COVID-19 progression just as lightly as we had,” Parenti said. “We decided we had to redeem ourselves in some way.”

Together with other members of his filmmaking collective, Parenti put out a call for citizens across the country to film themselves in quarantine. “We asked them to talk in first person to the camera,” he said, “and give themselves advice based on their own past behavior.”

The resulting film, 10 Days, features messages from dozens of terrified Italians. The videos play as if warnings from the future. Like Parenti, many of the people who submitted quarantine videos chide themselves for not having taken precautionary measures, such as self-isolation and social distancing, as early as they could have.

“This isn’t all bullshit like you thought,” says one young man.

Another woman, who is seen wearing a face mask, admits that she used to make fun of people wearing masks. “The worst-case scenario? That’s exactly what will happen,” she adds.

As though to underscore the importance of quarantine compliance across age groups, a teenager in the video reveals an eye-opening fact: “There are currently kids our age who are intubated and in intensive care.”

Many experts believe that the United States is just 10 days behind the level of severity of the pandemic in Italy. We are at a crucial inflection point, according to the surgeon general, Dr. Jerome Adams, and the time to prepare for what’s coming is now.

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/608113/italy-coronavirus/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheAtlantic+%28The+Atlantic+-+Master+Feed%29
----------------------
There is a video also.

Our Future 851398

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:20 am

Mexico is in a different situation than EUrope or the US.. AMLO is not about to give orders of quarantine because it will mean helping some of the people who canot live or eat without working and he has no money and no real way to help that many people..So although his attitude may seems crazy , he is just deflecting the responsability.. nothing new.. The measures at the airport mean nothing, people can be without symptoms and still carry the virus so taking the temperature of people only singles out some people.. and filling out forms .. s only useful if something is done with the information.. Do not kid yourself , if the virus does not stop of its own we are in for more problems than the US or Europe. Do not count on many respirator or medecine at SP or IMSS..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:28 pm

AMLO says wear an amulet and you will be watched over by God. God will watch someone dig your grave.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:07 pm

we all are doomed anyways so it is a question of attitude after that.. f you have no real resource to protect yourself, some will try and some will have fun till the end..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:11 pm

I could not help but notice that there is a shortage of ammunition in Texas. Hope we are not going to get food riots. Shocked

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:54 pm

Was reading an Italian article about what happens when you die of this disease. The government will come and take your body away and take it to a place where they are burning the bodies. There will be no mass, no funeral, no viewing or sitting with the deceased family member and you are not given the ashes.

Saw a picture of the PV airport terminal, packed with hundreds of people trying to get back to the U.S. or return home to MX all jammed together. People are reporting heavy weekend traffic to Mazamitla and apparently Ajijic is still receiving Tapatios for the weekend. So much for sheltering in place and closing down. Protect yourself, you are the only one who can.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:30 pm

i myself, knew the Mexican government would not be prepared and does not come as a shock to me i am doing everything i can to stay safe and not spread this virus. No maid, although i am still paying her as long as i can. i have a pension and as long as that last my helpers will be paid. Hoping many of those who will die are the cartel, street drug dealers, all those nasty horrible people who take others lives of children,etc. all those who are corrupt.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:36 pm

little italy wrote:i myself, knew the Mexican government would not be prepared and does not come as a shock to me i am doing everything i can to stay safe and not spread this virus.  No maid, although i am still paying her as long as i can. i have a pension and as long as that last my helpers will be paid. Hoping many of those who will die are the cartel, street drug dealers, all those nasty horrible people who take others lives of children,etc. all those who are corrupt.  

Yeah, because that is the way the just and merciful god operates. Only bad people suffer and die. Beer
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:10 pm

little italy wrote:i myself, knew the Mexican government would not be prepared and does not come as a shock to me i am doing everything i can to stay safe and not spread this virus.  No maid, although i am still paying her as long as i can. i have a pension and as long as that last my helpers will be paid. Hoping many of those who will die are the cartel, street drug dealers, all those nasty horrible people who take others lives of children,etc. all those who are corrupt.  

Agree. And it will be interesting how this virus plays out amongst the cartels and how much damage it will do them. Big tough guys used to shooting and paying their way out of danger. No breaks this time.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:39 pm

the virus kills very few young healthy people so I would venture to say that except for the cartel members who are already sick they have a lot more chances to survive the virus whan peope over 60.. A very large portion of the population has no problem surviving the virus...

By the way one of the way the virus spreads to villages and out of the way places is via people with second homes .. That is what happened in Italy and France.. Many places in the country like Ile de Re in France had no virus  and it is an island.. Now it has cases of the virus which was brought by people with second homes there who  left the big cities to  go in "isolation" there...

Some of the wealthy 400 who went to Vail returned to Guadaljara  and went to their second and third homes in Puerto Vallarta and Tapalpa to so here you go the Tapatios and people from outside of Mexico will bring it to lakeside do not worry , it is just a question of time..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:33 am

Trailrunner wrote:

Agree. And it will be interesting how this virus plays out amongst the cartels and how much damage it will do them. Big tough guys used to shooting and paying their way out of danger. No breaks this time.

Now who do you suppose will have the assets to pay for private testing and expensive care to follow if tested positive?

Surely not "poor" drug dealers and corrupt officials……..talk about a dream scenario….. scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:20 am

That's right, they have the "assets". They probably have all the ventilators too! They probably have their own hospitals and medical workforce up in the mountains.

But here is the big equaliser . . .they probably don't believe there is any such thing as corona virus. It's a hoax. A joke. No preocupas, guëy!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:45 am

the majority of people dying are the old ones and I do not think they are many old drug dealers. The cartels oportunity to meet the maker is self made, they have nothing to fear from the virus..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:02 am

So US car makers are going to start manufacturing ventilators. My question is how do they go from making cars to ventilators? reminds me of 9/11 when politicians where demanding that Xray machines be installed in all airports pretty much the next day. Sure they had a warehouse with thousands of machines ready to go (somewhere on Mars). Shocked

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by K2tog Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:21 pm

HoneyBee wrote:So US car makers are going to start manufacturing ventilators. My question is how do they go from making cars to ventilators? reminds me of 9/11 when politicians where demanding that Xray machines be installed in all airports pretty much the next day. Sure they had a warehouse with thousands of machines ready to go (somewhere on Mars). Shocked  

This is was one of trump's wild comments he makes from his daily podium rallies. Ford and Chevrolet are not make ventalators. Elon Musk has/is making some, but the majors are not -- another puff of smoke from 45. Smokealot
K2tog
K2tog

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:05 pm

Ford will make ventilators  Damn, I wonder who chose that photo?

Elon Musk bought 1250 ventilators from China
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:44 am

Bill Gates warned us in 2015

https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates_the_next_outbreak_we_re_not_ready?language=en

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 am

I wonder what size engines GM will use to power the ventilators. It least TSLA will be electric so the patient will not die of carbon monoxide. Beer

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:23 pm

K2tog wrote:
HoneyBee wrote:So US car makers are going to start manufacturing ventilators. My question is how do they go from making cars to ventilators? reminds me of 9/11 when politicians where demanding that Xray machines be installed in all airports pretty much the next day. Sure they had a warehouse with thousands of machines ready to go (somewhere on Mars). Shocked  

This is was one of trump's wild comments he makes from his daily podium rallies. Ford and Chevrolet are not make ventalators. Elon Musk has/is making some, but the majors are not -- another puff of smoke from 45. Smokealot

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/car-manufacturers-ventilators

"That seems to be the government’s plan so far. While manufacturers might not have the tools or expertise to design a ventilator, they could very well produce the parts. According to the Financial Times, Boris Johnson called on the manufacturers to help produce the components, as well as offer their own skills and expertise.

Connolly says that it would be sensible for a company already making medical instruments — but not necessarily ventilators — to help manufacture the parts as they would already have the required licenses. “In the UK there are a number of medical device manufacturers who just manufacture to other people's specifications, so it would be better not to go to car factories or engineering companies that have large tool lines, but to go to some of these manufacturers who already make devices for other people,” she says."
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:06 pm

meanwhile thenumber double every 3 days so they better hurry on making those ventilators...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:08 pm

Trailrunner, In Itaaly when people die in hospitals many just disappear. from the face of the earth.. their body get cremated , there is no funeral no good bye and if no on is notified or ther is no one to notfy which apparently is happening, that peron just never goes back to his or her place and that is the end of it.. It is going to be a mess to sort everything out...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:26 pm

Yes. I know. And I believe that will happen here too eventually.

What I want to know from you, B, is all those people in those apt buildings in France and Italy in strict isolation - how are they getting their food?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next