INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Lake

+5
ferret
kiko
SunFan
Mrs. Rupert
Trailrunner
9 posters

Go down

Super Lake Empty Super Lake

Post by Trailrunner Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:47 pm

What is happening at Super Lake these days? Are they taking any precautions at all? Are they acknowledging there is a virus present?
TIA
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Super Lake Empty Re: Super Lake

Post by Mrs. Rupert Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:11 pm

If you shop at Super Lake, then you would know what is happening. If you do not shop at Super Lake, what difference does it make?

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:30 pm

Trailrunner wrote:What is happening at Super Lake these days? Are they taking any precautions at all? Are they acknowledging there is a virus present?
TIA

I was there this afternoon for supplies. I wore a mask and tried to maintain separation.

I estimate 1 in ten people (shoppers and staff) showed any inclination for protection. Sad.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:35 pm

I'll just add an observation from a dear friend in Toronto who reports "I used to cough to cover a fart but now I fart to cover a cough".

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:41 pm

Mrs. Rupert wrote:If you shop at Super Lake, then you would know what is happening.  If you do not shop at Super Lake, what difference does it make?

Not the kind of response I was looking for but thanks for sharing.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:45 pm

SunFan wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:What is happening at Super Lake these days? Are they taking any precautions at all? Are they acknowledging there is a virus present?
TIA

I was there this afternoon for supplies. I wore a mask and tried to maintain separation.

I estimate 1 in ten people (shoppers and staff) showed any inclination for protection. Sad.

SunFan

Thank you, SunFan. Exactly the kind of response I was looking for. Although I wss hoping against hope the news might be better
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:25 pm

I was briefly in SL yesterday evening and only three expats in the store. None had any protection.

When I think of the elderly who have depressed immune systems and then ridiculing the corona virus as a hoax I am reminded of Mike Tyson, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Ignorance mixed with arrogance has consequences. You don't get a redo in the ICU.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:51 pm

All I can say is that SuperLake is a lot cleaner now than it ever was. When I was in there a week ago, around 7 pm, there was only one other person shopping... and there was someone cleaning in the front cash area.
Timing is everything when shopping. Either very early or very late works best for me. YMMV.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:57 pm

Right on, kiko.

Had to get TC minutes, waited until now thinking there would be no people at OXXO. Wrong. I wore a mask tried to keep distance, and changed shirts when I got home. No one else did anything different than normal.

If this virus lives up to its reputation the north shore of LC will end up with a human population of about a thousand people. If that.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:00 am

Superlake was well patronized at about 10:30 AM and parking area full. Do you remember TR when you said that Pancho leaving would be the end of SL and that was a couple of years ago and has no where come close to happening. The OXXO in SAT was quite busy around the same time and I didn´t see any hygienic measures being taken except for removing the tapas for the coffee cups that everyone handled and fumbled with all the time. I just kind of hang back and wait until the line up gets through.
The death rate to cases is still quite low, so I imagine there will be many survivors after this is all over, IF it ever gets all over.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:45 am

I like SL and have no use for Pancho´s market so t all depends on your life style.. I have yet to find what I want at Pancho´s place..
As far as stores taking measures, do not wait for it shop less often and protect yourself id you are scared..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Super Lake Empty superlakeshopping

Post by cypress Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:00 am

Trailrunner wrote:
Mrs. Rupert wrote:If you shop at Super Lake, then you would know what is happening.  If you do not shop at Super Lake, what difference does it make?

Not the kind of response I was looking for but thanks for sharing.

Yes, not a helpful response.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:01 am

slainte39 wrote:Superlake was well patronized at about 10:30 AM and parking area full. Do you remember TR when you said that Pancho leaving would be the end of SL and that was a couple of years ago and has no where come close to happening. The OXXO in SAT was quite busy around the same time and I didn´t see any hygienic measures being taken except for removing the tapas for the coffee cups that everyone handled and fumbled with all the time. I just kind of hang back and wait until the line up gets through.
The death rate to cases is still quite low, so I imagine there will be many survivors after this is all over, IF it ever gets all over.

I like SL too, Slainte, and Pollo and I have even become buddies. I like him too and we have lots of laughs talking. But I don't think he is a very good retailer. Pancho is a better retailer but his hands are tied by his investors and that he must use a different imported food distributor than SL (Juan). Nobody tries harder to please the customer than Pancho!

If Pollo really cared about his customers - or lived in the real world - he would close the doors, make people line up outside with distance between them, set up a SAFE quick cashier area, and let people in 5 at a time. OR, he would do what Juan Muro is doing at his store - Mi Ranchito Cremeria in Chapala - and allow customers to text their order, park in their parking lot, and deliver the order to your car. Bet none of that ever even occurred to Pollo.

I can't find much to buy at Pancho's either and his produce is pathetic but I like him so much as a person.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:51 am

Hardly a cogent observation. I shop at SuperLake all the time, but not all the time, get it?

And now with isolation restrictions, I count on venues like this to let me know how life is going in the real world. For example, today I need to restock some items and SL seems a natural choice for a quick in-and-out, but a friend who was walking last night around 7 said it was closed... I don't know if that means they closed early, or are closed.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:20 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:

Hardly a cogent observation. I shop at SuperLake all the time, but not all the time, get it?

And now with isolation restrictions, I count on venues like this to let me know how life is going in the real world. For example, today I need to restock some items and SL seems a natural choice for a quick in-and-out, but a friend who was walking last night around 7 said it was closed... I don't know if that means they closed early, or are closed.

Now that is really strange as I was there after 8PM and it was open, only the middle door.  Of course, I dream a lot about going to super markets…..lol

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:40 pm

All seems normal since. Except that no one shopping today, other than me, was practicing distancing, or wearing masks, or being in any way careful. Oh, except one woman who was not handling money: instead, she used a credit card for a 60 peso purchase...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down