INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are people still walking their dogs on Chapala/Ajijic/Joco Malecon?

5 posters

Go down

Are people still walking their dogs on Chapala/Ajijic/Joco Malecon? Empty Are people still walking their dogs on Chapala/Ajijic/Joco Malecon?

Post by Cincy Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:16 pm

Our doggies are begging to go out every morning for a longer walk than around the block.

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Are people still walking their dogs on Chapala/Ajijic/Joco Malecon? Empty Re: Are people still walking their dogs on Chapala/Ajijic/Joco Malecon?

Post by Dostortas Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:22 pm

Yes. I walk mine early in the morning when it’s cool and quiet. I see some of my neighbors doing the same thing. I don’t see an issue as we’re are not interacting with other people. I will continue to walk my dog every day.

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Are people still walking their dogs on Chapala/Ajijic/Joco Malecon? Empty Re: Are people still walking their dogs on Chapala/Ajijic/Joco Malecon?

Post by gringal Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:11 pm

People are walking their dogs on the Ajijic Malecon daily. The people are "social distancing" but the dogs aren't, especially those off leash. Go figure the likely end result. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:52 pm

As yet, there is no evidence that companion animals can get Covid. But a human might if someone sneezes on a dog.

Saw a woman sneeze right into the fresh vegetables at SuperLake today. Not a care in the world.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:47 pm

It's not that the animals themselves can get the disease...only that they as they are being handled, they could be carriers of the virus, the same as other touchable things. If they are leashed, they can be "social distanced" along with their owners.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:49 pm

Was the sneezer an employee or customer?

Gringal, do you have a link or anything supporting that the virus can live on hair? If so, for how long?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Was the sneezer an employee or customer?

Gringal, do you have a link or anything supporting that the virus can live on hair? If so, for how long?

Here's one of the links from Senor Google:

https://www.insider.com/coronavirus-can-live-on-surfaces-the-fur-of-pets-surface-2020-3

(...so why are people being advised to wash their own hair, clothes and shoes after going out?)

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down