INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just saw this on Lakesidecrime.com - Jocotopec

5 posters

Go down

Just saw this on Lakesidecrime.com - Jocotopec Empty Just saw this on Lakesidecrime.com - Jocotopec

Post by simpsca Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:00 pm

I just read this on Lakesidecrime.com http://lakesidecrime.com/

"Former Jocotepec Police Chief Abducted

Sept 14 - Felipe Arrañaga Centeno, who served several months as director of the
Police Jocotepec last year, was deprived of his liberty on Tuesday by a group of
armed men.

Municipal corporation staff reported that at 15:50 am on Tuesday, Centeno
Arrañaga Cheyenne was in a van, but did not specify the exact location, but was
intercepted by several hooded and heavily armed individuals riding on a gray and
a Jetta Dakota red, which forced the man out of the vehicle.

The report levantones was made to the elements of the corporation Jocotepec, who
mounted an operation to locate the former official.

So far the authorities know the whereabouts of former police chief and do not
know why he was deprived of his liberty. www.impreso.milenio.com"
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Just saw this on Lakesidecrime.com - Jocotopec Empty Re: Just saw this on Lakesidecrime.com - Jocotopec

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Read about it in the news this a.m. & posted the story in the octagon this a.m. He's been released.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Just saw this on Lakesidecrime.com - Jocotopec Empty Re: Just saw this on Lakesidecrime.com - Jocotopec

Post by simpsca Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:07 pm

I don't see your post. Can you tell me the header you posted it under or a link?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Simpsca, it's in Shootout in Chapala.

Chapalagringa, how do you know he's been released? Just curious. I always like to know the original source for info.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:50 pm

I posted some follow up story links in Shootout in Chapala by Intercasa this a.m.

http://jalisco.milenio.com/cdb/doc/impreso/9026746 bottom paragraph, I'm so sorry, I misunderstood. Some words appear one way in Spanish which I translated the opposite meaning.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:06 pm

I don't think he has been released, rather, a mis-interpretation by Google. Not sure since I got it on Lakesidecirme.com. I do have a friend in Jocotopec who clarified that he has not been released yet.

Also just learned from another friend that the brother of the owner of a coffee shop in Jocotopec was kidnapped out of his home this Wednesday. Haven't read this anywhere except from the friend who knows them on a first name basis.

I'm on two chat groups for the west end of the lake so I get a lot of information from residents in El Chante and Jocotopec who personally know a lot of the local Mexicans living in that area.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:26 pm

simpsca wrote:I don't think he has been released, rather, a mis-interpretation by Google. Not sure since I got it on Lakesidecirme.com. I do have a friend in Jocotopec who clarified that he has not been released yet.

Also just learned from another friend that the brother of the owner of a coffee shop in Jocotopec was kidnapped out of his home this Wednesday. Haven't read this anywhere except from the friend who knows them on a first name basis.

I'm on two chat groups for the west end of the lake so I get a lot of information from residents in El Chante and Jocotopec who personally know a lot of the local Mexicans living in that area.
The article in Spanish says his whereabouts is unknown, which was mistranslated.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:35 pm

Hasta el momento las autoridades desconocen el paradero del ex director policial y no se sabe por qué fue privado de su libertad.
I translated the bold type in my head as, "they didn't know why he'd been set free privately. " which is incorrect.

It means, "they do not know why his private freedom was taken away."

sorry about that.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:
Hasta el momento las autoridades desconocen el paradero del ex director policial y no se sabe por qué fue privado de su libertad.
I translated the bold type in my head as, "they didn't know why he'd been set free privately. " which is incorrect.

It means, "they do not know why his private freedom was taken away."

sorry about that.

A better translation is: "it is not known why he was deprived of his freedom".

But it is much better to avoid strict literal translations and go for the meaning.

"It isn't known why he was abducted" would IMO be an even better way to explain the situation.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:08 pm

solovino,
Why don't you post the news links and translations that we need? Save us the headache.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:solovino,
Why don't you post the news links and translations that we need? Save us the headache.

Maybe you should consider learning Spanish.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:21 pm

Solovino wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote:solovino,

Maybe you should consider learning Spanish.

Learning Spanish is a process. I AM learning Spanish and my English ain't any better. razberry moco
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down