INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Geraniums....Preferably Red

5 posters

Go down

Looking for Geraniums....Preferably Red Empty Looking for Geraniums....Preferably Red

Post by BisbeeGal Fri May 22, 2020 6:12 pm

Replanting a sunny spot and will need about a dozen good sized ones.

Anyone see them in quantity at a local nursery recently? The closer to Ajijic the better.

Gracias in advance!
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for Geraniums....Preferably Red Empty Re: Looking for Geraniums....Preferably Red

Post by slainte39 Fri May 22, 2020 9:57 pm

My first recco. would be the nursery behind Superlake. SAT.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for Geraniums....Preferably Red Empty Re: Looking for Geraniums....Preferably Red

Post by Trailrunner Sat May 23, 2020 8:14 am

Mine too. They usually have a large assortment.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat May 23, 2020 9:39 am

Gracias to both; I'll get over there next week. I often forget about that place.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat May 23, 2020 1:17 pm

Giant red geraniums are actually a wild, natural occuring plant, unique to and evolved from this region
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat May 23, 2020 1:40 pm

I took a drive by the Vivero opposite the 711 in Riberas today. There are a LOT of HUGE red bloomed geraniums there. I do not know if they will be open on Sunday.
There are four Viveros that I like. The one mentioned above, the one behind SuperLake, the one behind the Ajijic Clinic (closed Sunday) and the one opposite La Huerta Plaza in West Ajijic. #1 and #4 have the best blooming plants imho.
If I want ferns or spider plants or other types, I head to San Juan Cosala to the vivero there. Small frontage but VERY deep.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat May 23, 2020 1:44 pm

ferret wrote:I took a drive by the Vivero opposite the 711 in Riberas today. There are a LOT of HUGE red bloomed geraniums there. I do not know if they will be open on Sunday.

By opposite 7-11, do you mean it's on the north side of carretera? Or to the west or east of the 7-11, on same side of road? Just want to know what side of road to keep an eye it when I go out there. I am directionally challenged...lo siento!
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat May 23, 2020 1:49 pm

On the mountain side (north side). You will have to go past the 711 going east to turn left and crab along the lateral going back west to get to the front of it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat May 23, 2020 1:50 pm

Appreciate the driving tip!  Thanks.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat May 23, 2020 5:31 pm

ferret wrote:On the mountain side (north side). You will have to go past the 711 going east to turn left and crab along the lateral going back west to get to the front of it.

Don´t crabs walk sideways?  Hard to do after a certain age, no matter whether you´re a foot or in a vehicle. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down