INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transferring a file from WhatsApp to a laptop?

4 posters

Go down

Transferring a file from WhatsApp to a laptop? Empty Transferring a file from WhatsApp to a laptop?

Post by DeborahM Sat May 30, 2020 1:20 am

I am SO techie challenged! I have googled and watched YouTube videos and still can't figure this out. Advice deeply appreciated!

DeborahM

Back to top Go down

Transferring a file from WhatsApp to a laptop? Empty Re: Transferring a file from WhatsApp to a laptop?

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 30, 2020 9:32 am

On Whatsapp you can highlite the file and copy it? Highlite it then hit the 3 little dots in the top right hand corner. Select copy. Then paste it to an email and send it to yourself. Open it on your laptop.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Transferring a file from WhatsApp to a laptop? Empty Re: Transferring a file from WhatsApp to a laptop?

Post by ComputerGuy Sat May 30, 2020 10:13 am

Actually: from within the App, or within the Whatsapp media image folder, highlight it by holding it down. Then the SHARE icon appears, and you can send it to email or any number of places to which you subscribe.

If using WhatsApp on your Windows PC, you can right-click on an image and Copy it, then save it or paste it wherever.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat May 30, 2020 10:28 am

CG, I have a Whatsapp question too. I've been trying to download it to my Kindle Fire tablet, using it on android phone, but I can't for the life of me get it on my tablet. Probably not supported? Is there a workaround?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat May 30, 2020 10:41 am

No, you're right, it's not supported on tablets unless they have broadband cellular connectivity, and from what I understand even then many won't work because the coding in WhatsApp looks for cellphone functionality.

I considered getting mobile connectivity on my next tablet, for when WiFi at hotels is not good, but since it adds 200 or 300 dollars to the cost, and may not even work with things like WhatsApp, I will have to do some heavy research first; it may not be worth it for the few occasions I travel.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat May 30, 2020 10:49 am

Mmmm, thanks. Yes, I passed on it due to the significant extra cost as well.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down