INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huge patio window imploded last night during high winds...

+10
slainte39
lakeside7
CanuckBob
gringal
ferret
kiko
Mrs. Rupert
cypress
Trailrunner
DeborahM
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Huge patio window imploded last night during high winds... Empty Huge patio window imploded last night during high winds...

Post by DeborahM Sat May 30, 2020 12:48 pm

220 cm by 247 cm. Viluma cannot replace until Monday. Worried about safety. Suggestions for speedier replacement near Jocotepec deeply appreciated.

DeborahM

Back to top Go down

Huge patio window imploded last night during high winds... Empty Re: Huge patio window imploded last night during high winds...

Post by Trailrunner Sat May 30, 2020 1:16 pm

Try to wait, if you can. Whomever takes the job will have to get delivery of the glass from Guad, cut it to specs, and install it and it is now Sat afternoon. Perhaos you can get someone to help patch it up with boards or cardboard for a day and a half?

I knew, and did minor business with 3 vidrio places when I  lived in Joco but i wouldn't recommend any of them to do your job. At least you know, Viluma will do a very good job.

Maybe Kiko can help you . . .

Sorry this happened to you, Deb. Good luck.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Huge patio window imploded last night during high winds... Empty Re: Huge patio window imploded last night during high winds...

Post by Trailrunner Sat May 30, 2020 1:34 pm

Deb! Kiko is on the way from Michoacan to help you. He knows someone in SJC for you. PM me your phone number so i can send it to him and he can call you.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat May 30, 2020 1:57 pm

What a great guy Kiko is!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DeborahM Sat May 30, 2020 2:20 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Deb! Kiko is on the way from Michoacan to help you. He knows someone in SJC for you. PM me your phone number so i can send it to him and he can call you.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

DeborahM

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat May 30, 2020 2:21 pm

Good luck.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Sat May 30, 2020 6:10 pm

Who is Kiko?

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Sat May 30, 2020 6:35 pm

FAKE NEWS!!!!

Sorry I just could not help myself. Hey Deb thanks for giving us the opportunity to help.

kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat May 30, 2020 7:14 pm

How did you guys patch it?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat May 30, 2020 7:30 pm

I want to know as well.
More importantly I want to know the name of the glass guy in SJC.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Sat May 30, 2020 7:40 pm

Juan de Dios Cornejo, aka Güero from Los Altos area so tall, white, and blue eyes.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat May 30, 2020 7:42 pm

kiko wrote:Juan de Dios Cornejo, aka Güero from Los Altos area so tall, white, and blue eyes.

Good to know that.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Sat May 30, 2020 7:44 pm

Trailrunner wrote:How did you guys patch it?
Just removed the loose piece and installed plastic sheathing on the inside interior side. Tailgate warranty.
Deb was super generous and gave Agústin 500 pesos.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Sat May 30, 2020 7:50 pm

I got a real kick after reading some of the 17 replies on the Other Web Board to her thread asking for help. LMAO
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DeborahM Sat May 30, 2020 8:32 pm

THANK YOU Trail Runner, THANK YOU Kiko!! I have lots of pictures, can't figure out how to post them here.

DeborahM

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 31, 2020 7:30 am

kiko wrote:I got a real kick after reading some of the 17 replies on the Other Web Board to her thread asking for help.  LMAO

hahaha, you're right! What a bunch of turkeys. Up to and including the popular anthem: if you don't feel safe here go back where you came from.

Loved the pics Deb! Glad you are all set for now. You're very welcome. Thanks to Kiko for dropping what he was doing and jumping in with both feet. 

We have to get by with a little help from our friends, that's what it's all about!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun May 31, 2020 11:47 am

kiko wrote:I got a real kick after reading some of the 17 replies on the Other Web Board to her thread asking for help.  LMAO

What I get a kick out of is the people who can't bear the idea of bars on the windows, aka "living in a cage". They don't seem to realize this is a long standing practice in many countries. It wasn't designed to keep YOU IN, but to keep others OUT. I'm pleased to see some of the artistic metal work on some places. My ancient casa has plain old bars on the windows. If I get some surplus cash one of these days, I'd like to replace them with something more artistic. Meanwhile, they are very utilitarian and we haven't had a break in, so no real complaints. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun May 31, 2020 11:50 am

They need to go live in a nice secured gated community far up the mountain where the bogeyman can't get them......lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun May 31, 2020 12:33 pm

LOL!
I have rectangular iron grills in my windows which are both architecturally pleasing and provide security. Some people have no imagination whatsoever.
In Canada, I paid EXTRA to achieve that look on large windows...
https://www.bigbluewindow.com/
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun May 31, 2020 2:24 pm

Yes I remember in Canada in the 70's "Spanish style" homes were the rage complete with the bars on the windows.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Sun May 31, 2020 2:28 pm

Hands up those who do NOT live behind "The Walls"

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun May 31, 2020 2:29 pm

I don't.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun May 31, 2020 4:31 pm

Neither do I if you're referring to a gated community. As a matter of fact, of the 24 years that I'ved lived in Mexico, only 4 and a half have been spent in two gated communities and they were both rental houses.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 31, 2020 6:12 pm

lakeside7 wrote:Hands up those who do NOT live behind "The Walls"

cheerscheers cheers I don´t, I don´t
In fact, I leave my garage gate open most of the day, have for 40 years.
Of course, I live in San Antonio, don´t know where you are talking about.   lol!

Forgot to add…...I do have a 13 year old neutered cat for guard protection, haven´t seen a rat or mouse in years.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 31, 2020 6:21 pm

gringal wrote:

What I get a kick out of is the people who can't bear the idea of bars on the windows, aka "living in a cage".  They don't seem to realize this is a long standing practice in many countries.  It wasn't designed to keep YOU IN, but to keep others OUT.  I'm pleased to see some of the artistic metal work on some places.  My ancient casa has plain old bars on the windows.  If I get some surplus cash one of these days, I'd like to replace them with something more artistic.  Meanwhile, they are very utilitarian and we haven't had a break in, so no real complaints. Very Happy

Totally agree, how many people do you see standing behinds these "bars" clutching them and screaming for freedom.  I have bars on one door window with glass but I never even notice it.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next