INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox

+7
SunFan
casi nada
ferret
CanuckBob
ComputerGuy
ColorMeBlue
Giovanna
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox Empty Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox

Post by Giovanna Mon 8 Jun 2020 - 17:55

We got ilox so that we could stream tv programs, etc. on our firestick.  Since we found out that the wifi is terrible, we bought a Netgear router to solve that problem after having the technician come back to change the position of the modem.   The buffering has become extremely annoying, considering that a month ago it was not so bad.  So we turned off the wifi at the ilox modem, like several members have recommended.  Not any better.  Then we went to the ilox office to get a public IP address.  Not any better.  Then we installed StrongVPN.  Not any better.  We are not doing anything that Tom Kessler mentioned on TOB would affect the streaming adversely.  I am totally fed up now.  Who is getting good results streaming with ilox and what iptv are you using?  The tv is getting up to 40 Mbps so speed should not be a problem.  Thank you for your comments and advice in advance.

Giovanna

Back to top Go down

Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox Empty Streaming Video

Post by ColorMeBlue Mon 8 Jun 2020 - 18:53

Our household has been streaming all of its TV viewing, including Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Shotime and HBO over Telmex for the past 6 years. We use the standard Telmex Infinitum router with an ASUS router that connects StrongVPN and a ROKU streaming box. Performance has always been satifactory. No buffering issues. Actually, the performance may have improved a bit with other users moved to Ilox and freeing up some bandwidth.

ColorMeBlue

Back to top Go down

Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox Empty Re: Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox

Post by ComputerGuy Mon 8 Jun 2020 - 19:03

If you are using a Firestick that has been rigged by someone, you are suffering from delays and over-use from the original source of the programming. Anything over 10, which you say your TV is getting, is more than enough in most cases. So try it on a basic channel, like Netflix Mexico YouTube, or Amazon Prime... anything that is standard on the Firestick. If they work properly, then you know it's probably not iLox.

If this is a normal Firestick, then we have to look elsewhere for the source of the problem.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox Empty Re: Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox

Post by ComputerGuy Mon 8 Jun 2020 - 19:04

ColorMeBlue wrote:Our household has been streaming all of its TV viewing, including Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Shotime and HBO over Telmex for the past 6 years. We use the standard Telmex Infinitum router with an ASUS router that connects StrongVPN and a ROKU streaming box. Performance has always been satifactory. No buffering issues. Actually, the performance may have improved a bit with other users moved to Ilox and freeing up some bandwidth.

Since VPNs cannot be installed on a Roku, is your Asus router configured internally with Strong?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanna Mon 8 Jun 2020 - 19:23

From what I understand, ilox does well with Netflix and Youtube. This is the case for us. We just want to be able to livestream some US and Canadian channels without the constant buffering. I may have to ask the resident computer for more help.

Giovanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon 8 Jun 2020 - 19:36

Well, I can't answer your postulation unless you answer my questions...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanna Mon 8 Jun 2020 - 19:42

I am sorry but I don't know what you mean by a rigged firestick. We bought our firestick in Vancouver last October and had a friend help with the installation. I will PM you.

Giovanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon 8 Jun 2020 - 19:50

Modified, in order to receive extra channels that are not part of the Firestick. For example, movie channels, sports networks, US and Canadian networks. Only the person that modified it is capable of really understanding it, or someone else who does it all the time, usually someone who is paid. I don't... it's too big a job in terms of follow-up.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon 8 Jun 2020 - 20:48

I have a Netgear modem with ExpressVPN built into it connected to my Ilox modem. Once all your devices are connected to the netgear you can choose individually which device uses the VPN or not. I have some TVs for Canadian content such as Crave and others with the Mexican ip address because I prefer Mexican netflix and prime. Anyhow I have the 100mbps package and rarely ever get any buffering from anything I watch. As far as IPTV goes I use livetv.net and a couple of others without problems. I control the modem with an app on my phone.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanna Mon 8 Jun 2020 - 21:23

Thank you ColorMeBlue and CanuckBob for your streaming experiences. I will have to find the app that works best in our situation.

Giovanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon 8 Jun 2020 - 21:58

Bob is not using a Firestick. ColorMeblue is using a Roku. Unfortunately, neither situation relates well to yours, Giovanna. And we still don't know about your Firestick, so...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue 9 Jun 2020 - 8:06

Correct. I am using Roku boxes not Firesticks. I also have a public IP address from Ilox. There were problems before that change.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue 9 Jun 2020 - 9:00

I have no problem streaming to a Roku, a Chromecast, or a basic Android box, using iLox. I also "cast" YouTube from my cellphone (connected via WiFi to iLox) to my smartTV. But none of these devices are modified for grey-market channels.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue 9 Jun 2020 - 9:09

No, I don't have any grey market apps either. All legit. I primarily watch the Roku Channel (Rokus IPTV), Netflix, Prime, Crave, CBS all access and Britbox. I pay for subscriptions

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanna Tue 9 Jun 2020 - 9:19

So we are using BeastTV......is this a grey market app?

Giovanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue 9 Jun 2020 - 9:46

Definitely. https://thebeast.tv/  Any APK by definition is an add-on; any site that promises access to stuff you cannot get otherwise without paying for each service is one.

Gotta love their tagline: "Probably the best service".

So the problem is most likely with them, and not with iLox.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue 9 Jun 2020 - 9:55

I don't know if this article is of any help...
https://androidpcreview.com/paid-kodi-addons/

Sounds like way too much effort involved to keep the damn things going and no recourse if things go south.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue 9 Jun 2020 - 10:41

Good article. And about time someone put the whole spiel into one place. Customers of mine get upset when I tell them that, for these very reasons, I do not install Add-Ons for the various streaming devices, but I would rather they be upset all at once than week after week after week after week... you get my drift.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Tue 9 Jun 2020 - 12:07

CanuckBob wrote:I have a Netgear modem with ExpressVPN built into it connected to my Ilox modem. Once all your devices are connected to the netgear you can choose individually which device uses the VPN or not. I have some TVs for Canadian content such as Crave and others with the Mexican ip address because I prefer Mexican netflix and prime. Anyhow I have the 100mbps package and rarely ever get any buffering from anything I watch. As far as IPTV goes I use livetv.net and a couple of others without problems. I control the modem with an app on my phone.

I'm curious. You're using a Netgear WAP, not a modem, right? Your ILOX ont is the modem.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue 9 Jun 2020 - 12:27

I can speak to that, because Bob and I discussed it many times. I, too, have the same Netgear router. WAP has nothing to do with it for purposes of this discussion. The Netgear router plugs into the iLox box (ONT or Optical Network Terminal).
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Tue 9 Jun 2020 - 12:38

ComputerGuy wrote:I can speak to that, because Bob and I discussed it many times. I, too, have the same Netgear router. WAP has nothing to do with it for purposes of this discussion. The Netgear router plugs into the iLox box (ONT or Optical Network Terminal).

I know it's a router. But it's being used as a WAP, right? If I knew the terminology was going to offend you, I would have said "router".

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue 9 Jun 2020 - 14:34

It runs from one of the lan ports on the Ilox to the wan port on the Netgear. At that point it is a new wifi access point. My TV and Xbox are plugged directly into it's lan ports and everything else is connected by wifi (  2 other TV s, my cellphone, my tablet and my laptop).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox Empty Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox Empty Re: Best iptv for live streaming Canadian and US channels using ilox

Post by ColorMeBlue Tue 9 Jun 2020 - 16:06

Correct. StrongVPN interface is installed on ASUS router. The ROKU interacts with the ASUS router, sending streaming requests and receiving content via the StrongVPN data center in LA.

ColorMeBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanna Tue 9 Jun 2020 - 16:12

Well, I am glad that we are having this discussion. My husband bought the firestick on a whim when we were in Vancouver last year since we were considering dumping Shaw. I am a complete idiot when it comes to technology, although I was very proud of myself that I could add on those "grey" market apps all by myself. We are complete newbies to this streaming stuff. And thank you Ferret for the article. Puts things into perspective. So the general concensus is something like Kodi would work better for us. Thank you for everyone's input.

Giovanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue 9 Jun 2020 - 16:53

casi nada wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote:I can speak to that, because Bob and I discussed it many times. I, too, have the same Netgear router. WAP has nothing to do with it for purposes of this discussion. The Netgear router plugs into the iLox box (ONT or Optical Network Terminal).

I know it's a router.  But it's being used as a WAP, right?  If I knew the terminology was going to offend you, I would have said "router".  

OMG. Did you come over from TOB? WTF.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

jgriff likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next