INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotiabank ATM

5 posters

Go down

Scotiabank ATM  Empty Scotiabank ATM

Post by Plan B Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:27 pm

Please note that the ATM withholds the bank card, then notifies you NOT to insert the card. Card is now lost.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Scotiabank ATM  Empty Re: Scotiabank ATM

Post by slainte39 Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:57 am

Plan B wrote:Please note that the ATM withholds the bank card, then notifies you NOT to insert the card. Card is now lost.

Lost where?  Isn´t it in the machine?   Do you have to wait for the armored truck to arrive to open it up?
I thought I heard or read that ScotiaBank was shutting down their ATM machine in San Antonio T., maybe that´s why. Are there others in Chapala or Ajijic?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:47 am

There are Scotia bank ATMs in the Mega store by Costco on Lopez Mateos

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:25 am

slainte39 wrote:
Plan B wrote:Please note that the ATM withholds the bank card, then notifies you NOT to insert the card. Card is now lost.

Lost where?  Isn´t it in the machine?   Do you have to wait for the armored truck to arrive to open it up?
I thought I heard or read that ScotiaBank was shutting down their ATM machine in San Antonio T., maybe that´s why. Are there others in Chapala or Ajijic?

The card was not returned from the machine, therefore still in the machine. I am hoping that the card will be returned to the security shack next to the ATM next to Domino's and that I will be called to retrieve it.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:56 am

No, I have accidentally left two cards in there over the years. No phone call or contact. I believe the armored truck guys take them to be destroyed. I have heard that if you can meet the truck there they will return it to you with the proper ID but of course you need to know when they'll be there next.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:06 am

Standard protocol is their destruction.  I lost one in Multiva ATM and the Multiva manager said 1) he has no access to the ATM; and 2) the armored truck staff will not give cards to him, even if he has names of customers who reported cards being taken by machine. Not sure if armored car staff has authority to return them even if you wait for them at the ATM.

Most banks do not have access to their ATMs. One exception is/was Bancomer...2 years ago one of their ATMs snatched my card; I signaled to the employee who stands in lobby. She went inside and soon returned my card to me.

Last edited by BisbeeGal on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:09 am

Although I also lost a card at Bancomer and went in the next day to retrieve it from the tellers.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:38 am

Bancomer has an app for the cellphone that can be used instead of the card, does Scotiabank offer a similar app?
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:41 am

CanuckBob wrote:No, I have accidentally left two cards in there over the years. No phone call or contact. I believe the armored truck guys take them to be destroyed. I have heard that if you can meet the truck there they will return it to you with the proper ID but of course you need to know when they'll be there next.

The guard at the office stated with proper ID the card will be returned, time will tell, stay tuned. Otherwise Scotiabank will be sending out an emergency card in about 2 days, or so I'm told. In the meantime all limits are set to zero.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:55 am

Thats great that they will have it. Let us know how it goes for when I lose my card again.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:13 am

One of the ATMs at HSBC kept my card and I had to get a new one. I told the assistant manager right away as I hoped they could retrieve the card as the security guards were around to fill the ATMs. The Ass. Manager said the ATM would have automatically destroyed my card. I wonder. It took me a month to get a new debit card as it went to San Antonio in Chiapas first.
The ATM probably took my card back in as I had been too slow to remove it as I was helping the lady next to me.

Last edited by cypress on Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more information)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down